Jets and Jameson Crowder agree to contract restructuring (merged)

Bronx

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Just as anyone could have predicted.  Crowder was never going to get as much money on the open market as Douglas was offering.

On to a new topic for people to whine about!

So you’re saying JD overpaid?

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

With Denzel Mims disappointing, I think you will see the stating outside receivers will be Davis and Moore and crowder starts in the slot.

Depth will be berrios, cole and mims.

I’m gonna wait until training camp until I’m completely disappointed in Mims. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, jgb said:

Forgive me for weighing 30 years of woody’s ownership more than 2 Douglas off seasons when Woody was mostly out of the country. You know how much sample sizes mean to me.

I was kidding around.  But yes, Woody Johnson sucks, and has sucked for a long while.  :)

There were a lot of casualties on this team the last few years, let's not forget that. This includes the head coach and starting quarterback. Yes there was some ill preparedness but most of it was plain hard luck.

If you remember they said that the team they envisioned didn't even get on the field until week 8 at least.

Somebody earlier in the thread mentioned Joe Douglas making corrections and I agree with that. We shouldn't have to go out and sign Chris Hogan.

This is a great move because if somebody goes down with an ACL or a hip pointer we now have options. Hey we might even have a modern NFL offense with different packages!? Lol

If we can actually wind up starting the starters this year, and we actually progress as a team and are competitive, I just might crap my pants!

• Upvote 1

On 6/14/2021 at 2:55 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

This is inaccurate.

The net Jets' rookie pool cap hit is $9-10MM not $16MM. Even from the link you posted earlier yourself, because they don't just add all these rookies to the roster: 1 comes in, 1 goes out, and you need to remove the out-players from the cap. $6-7MM savings from the full figure.

Plus in signing Moses it's hardly commonplace to have the 1st year cap hit = the contract average if taken to its full end. It's common for year 1  to be 10-20% lower than that average (unless it's a 1 year contract). At least $1MM savings, but $2-3MM this year if they so desire = $8-10MM so far.

Further, the Jets are unlikely to sign Moore and keep 3 veteran guards at $3-4MM apiece. Feeney's guaranteed for the year so it's likely at least one of Lewis or GVR is going to get released as it is. If another tackle like Moses is signed, then maybe both of them. So that's $3-7MM savings = $11-17MM more space total cleared, not only $1MM left.

It's not all in-in-in where you keep adding but never subtract. That's even more of a wrong assumption, as though the Jets are permitted more roster spots than everyone else. 

The Jets have enough cap space to sign anyone they want even if they overpaid Crowder to the tune of $10MM -- it clearly isn't going to happen, but they could. They could afford Crowder and Moore and a corner and a veteran QB2 and all their rookies.

Did you miss the point intentionally?

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

LaFleur used a slot WR only 55% of the time while in SF. Way less than Gase.

Because LeFleur was the OC? I get it it's the Shanny tree, but it's possible we run it slightly different based on the personnel we have. Right now our WRs > TEs. That may force more 3 WR sets than usual. We might not want to jump the gun on what is possible. If Lefleur is as good as we all want him to be, he will put his own stamp on the O and hopefully continue innovate. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Because LeFleur was the OC? I get it it's the Shanny tree, but it's possible we run it slightly different based on the personnel we have. Right now our WRs > TEs. That may force more 3 WR sets than usual. We might not want to jump the gun on what is possible. If Lefleur is as good as we all want him to be, he will put his own stamp on the O and hopefully continue innovate. 

LaFleur was the passing game coordinator in SF and I doubt he will run it much different here.

The TE position will be addressed via Trade before training camp, in my opinion. I expect them to make a run at Ertz.

This idea that LaFleur or Saleh will change it up bc they're in a new place is ridiculous. They're here bc of how they ran their units, they're not changing much. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Saw an interview with LaFluer, and he’s saying the same thing all the coaches are saying: that the system is player driven. Given that the Jets are much better positioned at WR than TE, I suspect we’ll see a lot more 11 personnel than in a traditional Shanny offense. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Ertz will be brought here

It would be a very good signing. Herndon has been off and on (mostly off) but looked better later in the season last year. It seems like for the Jets every coaching staff here de-emphasizes the TE position. 

9 hours ago, Warfish said:

No need to walk it back, it's bloody obvious that a portion of the Jets Fanbase LOVES short, slow, fringe talent white WR's who in some way "represent them" for the largely white fanbase of the NY Jets. 

So if Chrebet wasnt white or short he wouldnt have been loved or successful?

We loved Chrebet because he was the long shot but more importantly because he was a really good WR.   Fans love clutch players and that describes Chrebet to a tee.  

Youre insulting fans and the player.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

Ertz will be brought here

Meh. I think he is a shell of himself and will continue to be injured. I don't really see him as much of an upgrade from Herndon. Maybe combined they put up an ok season. Either way I guess Jets will be looking to address this more next season. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

Meh. I think he is a shell of himself and will continue to be injured. I don't really see him as much of an upgrade from Herndon. Maybe combined they put up an ok season. Either way I guess Jets will be looking to address this more next season. 

Herndon is awful and I don't think he makrs this team.  Zero dead money and over $2 million in savings of traded or cut. Right now Kroft is the starter, not Herndon.

13 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I agree.  Want no part of Ertz.  Let Herndon, Kroft and Yeboah play this year and next year we can take a stud tight end early in the draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  Want no part of Ertz.  Let Herndon, Kroft and Yeboah play this year and next year we can take a stud tight end early in the draft.

Damn, that’s all we have to do?!

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I'm not sure what anybody has against upgrading every position possible. Why be content with the list of JAG's you just mentioned? A healthy Ertz, even at this point in his career,  is a massive upgrade to those nobodies and can be a security blanket for Wilson. 

In 2019 Ertz had 88 rec, 916 yds, 6 tds and a Pro Bowl appearance. He had an injury plagued 2020, that means he's done?

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We loved Chrebet because he was the long shot but more importantly because he was a really good WR.   Fans love clutch players and that describes Chrebet to a tee.  

Jets fans love JAGS. We don’t discriminate on any other basis. Think you’re reading a little too much in war’s post. Known him a long time. He’s a miserable SOB Jets fan like a lot of us, not a racist.

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets fans are always looking for the underdog story bc of Chrebet and love to complain about lack of talent but then are afraid to bring in a real starting TE bc "let's give Yeboah a shot". I think that's partially what he means and it's true. 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans love JAGS. We don’t discriminate on any other basis. Think you’re reading a little too much in war’s post. Known him a long time. He’s a miserable SOB Jets fan like a lot of us, not a racist.

Guess what, all fans like those type players.  All fanbases pull for underdogs.  In any sport.  I hate, hate, hate the idea that Jets fans are not the same kind of fans as every other teams has pulling for them.

The point is Chrebet wasnt a jag.  I dont get how because hes white and short he gets that said about him. 

I'm not calling War a racist but the comment was

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess what, all fans like those type players.  All fanbases pull for underdogs.  In any sport.  I hate, hate, hate the idea that Jets fans are not the same kind of fans as every other teams has pulling for them.

The point is Chrebet wasnt a jag.  I dont get how because hes white and short he gets that said about him. 

I'm not calling War a racist but the comment was

Eh fans of every team have plenty of opinions about fans of other teams. Do you think pats fans are like Jets fans? Don’t take it personal. It’s sports.

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Jets fans are always looking for the underdog story bc of Chrebet and love to complain about lack of talent but then are afraid to bring in a real starting TE bc "let's give Yeboah a shot". I think that's partially what he means and it's true. 

Name the fanbase that doest lover the underdog story.  He pointed out Invincible, that would be Philly.  Rudy, that was Notre Dame.  

The league's full of players who come seemingly out of nowhere and are loved because of it.  

Name the fanbase that doest lover the underdog story.  He pointed out Invincible, that would be Philly.  Rudy, that was Notre Dame.  

The league's full of players who come seemingly out of nowhere and are loved because of it.  

Tom Brady dare I say it 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Eh fans of every team have plenty of opinions about fans of other teams. Do you think pats fans are like Jets fans? Don’t take it personal. It’s sports.

All fans are the same.  Theyre fans.  They see what they want to see, love who they want to love.  I have family that are Pats fans.  Last season they sounded worse than SOJFs, bitching about the team, Bellichick etc

We're drifting from my point, Chrebet was a very good player.  He didnt cheered as charity

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Loving the underdogs is great. Hating some of our best players because they failed some fandom purity test is what makes me smh.

• Upvote 2

All fans are the same.  Theyre fans.  They see what they want to see, love who they want to love.  I have family that are Pats fans.  Last season they sounded worse than SOJFs, bitching about the team, Bellichick etc

We're drifting from my point, Chrebet was a very good player.  He didnt cheered as charity

Congratulations on your enlightened take. I still think Pats fans are spoiled bandwagoneers who are guilty of enabling rampant game-breaking cheating over 20 years and they will have to account for their crimes in the afterlife before judgment is rendered.

But other than that, basically all the same.

Not many fanbases would rather pass up a proven veteran in order to give an UDFA a shot in hopes it works out.  I'm really not sure how you can have any question marks at any position on offense after bringing in Wilson. Douglas has been working all off season to sure up the offense so there are no glaring holes. The only one hes ignored so far is TE which is why I think it'll be addressed before training camp. It may not be Ertz but it'll be a veteran starter. 

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m not debating the specific but the general. No arguments from me Chrebet didn’t deserve the love. But we also tried to give Greg Dortch a nickname… and there was even — I am not making this up — genuine enthusiasm on this very board for Brooks Bollinger becoming starter. A little overboard and detached from reality for my tastes.

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Not many fanbases would rather pass up a proven veteran in order to give an UDFA a shot in hopes it works out.  I'm really not sure how you can have any question marks at any position on offense after bringing in Wilson. Douglas has been working all off season to sure up the offense so there are no glaring holes. The only one hes ignored so far is TE which is why I think it'll be addressed before training camp. It may not be Ertz but it'll be a veteran starter. 

I have no idea what youre talking about, I didnt say a word about passing up on a proven veteran for a UDFA.  I think you have the wrong person.

23 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I'm not sure what anybody has against upgrading every position possible. Why be content with the list of JAG's you just mentioned? A healthy Ertz, even at this point in his career,  is a massive upgrade to those nobodies and can be a security blanket for Wilson. 

In 2019 Ertz had 88 rec, 916 yds, 6 tds and a Pro Bowl appearance. He had an injury plagued 2020, that means he's done?

So you think Joe Douglas might consider trading draft capital for a 31 year old TE coming off his worst season and due $7.7M this year? I’m thinking: not likely. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m not debating the specific but the general. No arguments from me Chrebet didn’t deserve the love. But we also tried to give Greg Dortch a nickname… and there was even — I am not making this up — genuine enthusiasm on this very board for Brooks Bollinger becoming starter. A little overboard and detached from reality for my tastes.

Well its a well known, often sited phrase, there is no more loved player on a NFL roster than the backup QB.

As dumb as it was when we're talking Bollinger lol

• Upvote 2