Jets turning down trade offers for Denzel Mims?

jetstream23

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Honestly,  i think this whole he has to know every play for every WR position i a load of ?. Look at any teams depth chart at WR. There are different guys backing up every position. There is no one player who plays every position which seems to be what Mims is being asked to do. Crowder is out so Moore plays the slot and if Moore goes down Barrios plays there. These are the guys suited to play there, not a 6'3" burner who is best suited for posts and running drags and can out jump defenders. This whole thing is crazy and with the way the Jets have started out, even if Mims can only run 1 play, you get him out there. Nobody that has the ability  to catch a 40 yard pass should be inactive. 

Not only what you said, but Mims has been put on the field for about 10 plays so far (preseaon and week 1) and in those 10 plays has produced 2 of the 3 biggest plays the offense has had (the other being the long catch by Davis vs carolina).  Isnt it at all possible he is just a playmaker?  

Hopefully he is active today and gets a shot to make something happen

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

That's disappointing.  

If we’re being honest/realistic about it, it’s impossible to say without knowing what other historical challenges looked like in his life. By all accounts, the tea leaves suggest the new staff pitched their ask/role, likely in conjunction with signing Davis and drafting Moore and he checked out. The Deebo thing is one of the more frown inducing bits. ….but yea, need more history to know how much of this is just maladaptive coping skills. 

Either way, he’s put himself in a place where enabling him would be the kiss of death. He’s gotta want it. CS can only continue to offer an extended arm. …there’s more than one way to offer that hand tho. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It was very weird.  

Like he's a sociopath or something.  

His reaction to being drafted was how I react when my wife tells me she's running to the store or taking a walk.  

Maybe so.  I think he was just pissed that he was the 12th WR taken when he likely expected to be a 1st rounder.  Having his name called wasn't a surprise.  WHEN it was called was a disappointment to him.

Unfortunately, 2 years in, he hasn't apparently been using that as positive motivation.

22 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Team with the worst offense won’t play most dangerous playmaker.  Go figure.

What are you basing this on? What makes Mims more dangerous than Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, Keelan Cole, and Jeff Smith? What did he do in 2020 that gave you that indication?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

My daughter had one to deliver my grandson. Never made it, my boy came two weeks early, dude was Ready to go! 

My ex was a pre/post partum nurse and she could never quite figure out doulas other than being expensive.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/25/2021 at 2:34 PM, jetstream23 said:

In my opinion,

The coaching's handling of Mims is nothing short of shameful. We have no one catching passes longer than a few yards (When they don't drop them) . My initial excitement with this coaching staff is wearing off very rapidly. Not because I am without patience, being a Jet fan in itself is evidence of endless patience, I just dislike personnel decisions based on personal feelings. 

All gas, but the wrong type of gas.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

What are you basing this on? What makes Mims more dangerous than Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, Keelan Cole, and Jeff Smith? What did he do in 2020 that gave you that indication?

Perhaps we are watching two different EM. The one I am watching isn't nearly as good as Danny Woodhead having a terrible day.

14 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Perhaps we are watching two different EM. The one I am watching isn't nearly as good as Danny Woodhead having a terrible day.

I'll ask again.

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'll ask again.

On one of the only few times he was targeted, he has one of the longest catches of the season for the team. What have you seen in the others that makes you think that they can do better than 12- 15 yards? Mims strength is height, arm length, strength and speed. What exactly do you see the tiny dudes doing?

Just now, DonCorleone said:

On one of the only few times he was targeted, he has one of the longest catches of the season for the team. What have you seen in the others that makes you think that they can do better than 12- 15 yards? Mims strength is height, arm length, strength and speed. What exactly do you see the tiny dudes doing?

I see them on the field. 

5 minutes ago, TampaJet said:

Agree, but if im Mimms im on the ph with my agent begging jets to take a deal. Im not sacrificing my career for these idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

For real, have no idea how anyone can take the side of this genius coaching staff that is coaching one of the most inept offenses out there in the NFL right now over our highly drafted wr. This offense has been widely criticized and it's only been three weeks. Lafleur is in over his head.