Jets turning down trade offers for Denzel Mims?

jetstream23

33 minutes ago, undertow said:

Chances of this being true are close to zero.  The media knows Jets fans eat this sh*t up and are just look for clicks.  Jets fans always being played like the town drunk.

I'll repeat what I said in another thread....

The only place where the Mims thing is "snowballing" is on message boards and with media trolls looking to fire up those same people on message boards.

In other words, it snowballing with people who don't matter.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Let’s be honest the trade offers are probably a 6th or a 5th at best.  The Jets have ha died the situation pretty bad so teams aren’t going to give up much unless they see him play more

JD would have made the deal if this were the case can never have enough 6th round picks. 

• Haha 1

Reposting from a different discussion here:

The point being used that people don't seem to understand, and I'm not pro or anti Mims, I'd like to see him play, whatever Coaches do what they do. 

Basically WR1 does WR1 stuff, WR2 and WR3 do their stuff as well.  Most of the time WR4 and WR5 and just standing on the sidelines watching the game, unless you see one of the guys out there raise their arm to come off the field to get a breather.  Then WR4 or WR5 will run in and play WR1 or WR2 or WR3 for that play.  This is why they talk about those lower tier guys having to know all the routes.  After that play, they come off.  If there is an injury, same deal.  That's why they want those guys to play Special teams or have a some kind of dual use so for them in the game.  IF you can't do all that, and you don't do the other, it's hard to get put out there.

Commence arguing about stuff again, hopefully this clears up some confusion.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Origen said:

Reposting from a different discussion here:

The point being used that people don't seem to understand, and I'm not pro or anti Mims, I'd like to see him play, whatever Coaches do what they do. 

Basically WR1 does WR1 stuff, WR2 and WR3 do their stuff as well.  Most of the time WR4 and WR5 and just standing on the sidelines watching the game, unless you see one of the guys out there raise their arm to come off the field to get a breather.  Then WR4 or WR5 will run in and play WR1 or WR2 or WR3 for that play.  This is why they talk about those lower tier guys having to know all the routes.  After that play, they come off.  If there is an injury, same deal.  That's why they want those guys to play Special teams or have a some kind of dual use so for them in the game.  IF you can't do all that, and you don't do the other, it's hard to get put out there.

Commence arguing about stuff again, hopefully this clears up some confusion.

If Corey Davis is WR #1 who is WR #2 WR #3. 

44 minutes ago, doitny said:

what's dysfunctional is taken away playing time from someone who earned it and giving it to someone who hasn't.

think Parcells or Belicheck lets him play ? some rookie nobody gets special treatment. he even treated Tom Brady like a 20 yr old when he was 30-40. 

then its spreads like a disease. next week its Carter who doesn't try hard, the next another player. why should they, your letting Mims do it.

and that's when we become Club Jet. and that's a Dysfunctional mess.

Lol someone who earned it? Have you watched our WRs the past 2 weeks. They run sloppy routes and at times the wrong routes. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What team is going to give up a TE1 maybe Cleveland David Njoku. 

Yea. Just went through some possibilities and not many realistic options. A Mims for Njoku trade is the only realistic option. The other teams with two good TEs likely want to keep it that way. But Cleveland can use some WR help and they have Hooper. The only issue is that Cleveland runs a lot of two TE sets.

Long story short, I don't know. lol. Not many options other there. Wish we would have been more aggressive about the TE position in the offseason. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Lol someone who earned it? Have you watched our WRs the past 2 weeks. They run sloppy routes and at times the wrong routes. 

Not only is this not true for the guys in the starting lineup, you do realize that this is what Mims has been doing since he got on the practice field this year, right?  That’s a big reason why he isn’t playing.

• Upvote 3

I mean we all know what happened. Mims got food poisoning from the Jets own facility, then got hurt AGAIN in the summer. He got no practice reps until the season just about started, after no camp last year and being coached by gases staff. Like if ever there was a guy that was just behind the curve, but the coaching staff does truly believe in him, it’s probably mims. That being said, mims is probably inactive Sunday, and so for the foreseeable future… the drama continues.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not only is this not true for the guys in the starting lineup, you do realize that this is what Mims has been doing since he got on the practice field this year, right?  That’s a big reason why he isn’t playing.

Did Mims do this in college if he did then the bigger question has to be why did JD draft him. 

• Upvote 1

I think they really like Mims and think he will be ready to be a big contributor in the next 2-3 weeks.  They don’t think he is ready yet but is making strides in practice to getting there. We all have our thoughts on what is happening and I guess we’ll know in a while.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think they really like Mims and think he will be ready to be a big contributor in the next 2-3 weeks.  They don’t think he is ready yet but is making strides in practice to getting there. We all have our thoughts on what is happening and I guess we’ll know in a while.

I think he isn’t a Jet by trade deadline.

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

OK, but if they're all going to run sloppy routes out there, I'd rather see the 6-3 guy capable of making catches on 50/50 balls than Braxton Berrios or Keelan Cole. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Our WRs didn't run sloppy routes!? Okay. I can point to specific plays by Moore and Berrios from last week. 

And my point is that other WRs are doing what Mims has been doing but they are on the field. If you want to say effort is the main reason Mims isn't playing, that's fine.

But if you're in Mims situation and you see other WRs making mistakes but you're the only one getting called out then I can see why, even if misguided, you're lacking effort. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Teams are trying to get him at a bargain price which the Jets will no go for.  They are calling up offering 4th and 5th rounder which is not worth it for the jets.  Hang on to him unless someone comes up with a good offer,  (that is my speculation)

Like you said, if they pony up a 2nd rounder fine, otherwise I'd rather trade them Crowder and even that trade would have to be at least a 4th rounder since slot WRs are hard to get good ones with. But, Crowder is either snake bitten right now with the whole groin/covid bits or he's dogging it since he is only getting 5M instead of 10M this year. 

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

OK, but if they're all going to run sloppy routes out there, I'd rather see the 6-3 guy capable of making catches on 50/50 balls than Braxton Berrios or Keelan Cole. 

We’re talking about a guy who has been routinely getting chewed out in meetings for not knowing what he is supposed to be doing, what route he’s supposed to be running, and on the practice field for lining up incorrectly.  It’s not just sloppy/wrong routes.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Our WRs didn't run sloppy routes!? Okay. I can point to specific plays by Moore and Berrios from last week. 

And my point is that other WRs are doing what Mims has been doing but they are on the field. If you want to say effort is the main reason Mims isn't playing, that's fine.

But if you're in Mims situation and you see other WRs making mistakes but you're the only one getting called out then I can see why, even if misguided, you're lacking effort. 

Cutting your nose to spite your face never works out.  Mims has no one to blame but himself for not being on the field.  I hope he turns it around, but his attitude is going to need a drastic adjustment to do so.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1