AVT is highest graded rookie OG, second highest rookie OLineman in run blocking

jetstream23

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

By the time the roster is supposed to catch up to compliment these pieces, they don’t and its regime change.

John Abraham, Santana Moss, Robbie Anderson, Jamal Adams (even though I hate him and glad he’s gone), Sam Darnold, Marcus Maye now, looks like AVT and/or Bechton (if he can stay healthy) will be that next ones…

Since he missed OTAs and suited up 40 lbs (at least) overweight for training camp Becton's 2021 campaign has been so atrocious his name doesn't warrant mentioning among the "good" players on the Jets. There are not many great football players, if any at all, that have sophomore efforts like Becton's on their resume. The negative impact his sh*te effort has had on our offense is immeasurable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Has Saleh lost the team already?

The question is, did he ever have them?

When Bill Parcells came here in 1997, that 1-15 team that showed up in Seattle was shot from a gun, they were on a mission to prove to the league that they were no longer a joke. You knew it right from the first snap, these are no longer the same old Jets, they are not going to take sh:t from their friends and family and around the league.

We don’t even have a hint of that type of attitude from this team. In fact, all indications are that it’s more of the same. Same losing, same mistakes, same types of players faking injuries to get out of their contracts. If Salah can’t deliver a cultural change, what is he here for?  A CEO head coach has one job.  Culture.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Yet, our QB has been sacked the 2nd most in the league?  hmmmmm

5 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I found this to be an interesting stat regarding the Jets pass blocking.  Aside from GVR the line has t done a bad job of pass blocking.  

90% win rate is garbage.  

That adds up to 17 pass block losses for 30 attempts among the line or over 50%. 

Obviously you want to draft players that are self-starters and take care of themselves. 

If you are not going to do that, the CS and GM have to monitor the players during the off season and make sure that their plans are progressing.

Something happened to Becton, Clark, Lewis and Mims, among possibly others, during the off season.   They showed up mentally and physically not ready to play football.  It basically cost the Jets a credible 2021 season, and frankly I would shelve Wilson before he gets hurt.   At this point he is the Jets' most valuable asset.  We have seen that even Darnold, who was the worst QB in the NFL, can now look better when you surround him with good coaching and players.  There is no reason Wilson will not end up the same way if the Jets screw him up now.  

I think the process of creating and hiring that new Player Wellness Role, which is a good thing in the big picture, created a void where certain players fell through the cracks.  Becton should be living in Florham Park, year round, working out and eating chicken salad.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, sackdance said:

Since he missed OTAs and suited up 40 lbs (at least) overweight for training camp Becton's 2021 campaign has been so atrocious his name doesn't warrant mentioning among the "good" players on the Jets. There are not many great football players, if any at all, that have sophomore efforts like Becton's on their resume. The negative impact his sh*te effort has had on our offense is immeasurable.

I hate to pile on but that's on JD too.

It was well known that Becton had weight problems in his past.  A man that size with weight problems is a very serious issue.

There was a guy like Wirfs sitting there...A high quality prospect that was a far safer bet.

Once again, JD rolled the dice and lost.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:17 PM, FidelioJet said:

Our OL is getting so much help right now in 12 personnel, that if their win rate isn't good there's a really big problem.

OL is not a position for stats - watch the games and that will tell you how they're doing.

Let's be clear.  The NY Jets OL is awful.  

I disagree in regards to stats. I think there are stats that really help understand how an OL is performing, but keying in on any one stat to determine the quality of a given position group will always produce skewed results (even in a bad team, you can find a good stat line if you dig hard enough).

A more global approach here would be helpful to have a full evaluation, such as Win rate, pressure, unblocked pressure, time to pressure, etc... 

• 2 weeks later...