If you are afraid to let your QB throw.

Jet_Engine1

Just now, Uncle Nicco said:

His pick came on a ty Johnson flub where he turned around after Wilson had passed him the ball. He didn’t really have any other interceptable passes today, certainly nothing that Tom Brady doesn’t do on a weekly basis. Yes he had a recovered fumble on a sack, unbelievable 

This level of delusion is comical.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Nicco said:

His pick came on a ty Johnson flub where he turned around after Wilson had passed him the ball. He didn’t really have any other interceptable passes today, certainly nothing that Tom Brady doesn’t do on a weekly basis. Yes he had a recovered fumble on a sack, unbelievable 

Huh?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

They tried giving him short stuff and simplifying things. He threw at the ground again, or over their heads....or randomly tossed it to defenders.

It was ugly.

Wasn’t great, I think we’ll see improvement over the next several week. He was definitely rusty. 

I’m not bailing on my number 2 pick. 

Different strokes I guess. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

They were trying to kill the clock and they were averaging more than four and a half yards a carry.

How little football have you watched?

Jets fans need to bitch and whine about something. Even it it’s illogical and goes against everything most of us know about game ending situations. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Wasn’t great, I think we’ll see improvement over the next several week. He was definitely rusty. 

I’m not bailing on my number 2 pick. 

Different strokes I guess. 

This is a pretty fair post.  Obviously wasn’t  a good day for him but in the second half he looked more relaxed.  Definitely shaking rust off while still learning on the job.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jets723 said:

This is a pretty fair post.  Obviously was t a good day fir him but in the second half he looked more relaxed.  Definitely shaking rust off while still learning on the job.  

Dude hasn’t played in 4 weeks, still looks a bit hobbled. Definitely rusty. Missed some throws. Rookie playing like a rookie. 

I’m excited to watch him the rest of the season. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

On the one hand, Zach Wilson was horrifically bad all day.

On the other hand, Saleh not making me watch Zach Wilson throw a football is the nicest thing anyone has done for me all year. 

your boy justin fields has 4 games where he has thrown for fewer passing yards than wilson had today

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

Wilson looked exactly like he did 2 months ago nothings changed...we have played 4 QBs this year and his performances are the worst....that's not an opinion that's fact.

wrong. The best performance of any QB this year was Wilson vs. Tennessee. The worst performance of any QB this year was White vs. Buffalo. 

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Killing  clock? One first down wins it. They didn't  want to see Zach sail another short pass over someones head or make another low pass

How can you say that when the strategy worked?  They killed the clock and won the game.

The defense was completely dominant in the second half - that's the way the NFL works.  When your running game is working and the defense is getting consistent 3 and outs - you kill the clock and make the other team score.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I think the first NE game might have been worse. In any case, Wilson did nothing to show he learned anything in the last 4 weeks. 

in the last 4 weeks

1. epic game against tenessee

2. comeback vs atl, cut it to 3 with 7 mins to go (never got ball back)

3. two scoring drives vs NE, multiple accurate third down throws

4. a win 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, those last two drives they totally leaned on Wilson

WTF is wrong with you. He was horrible today. Save his one TD he did almost nothing. 145 yards, 1 pick 12 of 24, and no TD passes. 

WTF is wrong with you? his pick was on ty johnson and the fluckiest of fluke plays. He had a TD dropped by griffin. he led 2 other TD drives. do you realize how many QBs threw for less than 200 yards this week? About the half the NFL. 

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah, those last two drives they totally leaned on Wilson

WTF is wrong with you. He was horrible today. Save his one TD he did almost nothing. 145 yards, 1 pick 12 of 24, and no TD passes. 

Two fourth down conversions. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How can you say that when the strategy worked?  They killed the clock and won the game.

The defense was completely dominant in the second half - that's the way the NFL works.  When your running game is working and the defense is getting consistent 3 and outs - you kill the clock and make the other team score.

Oh please, you make one first down and take a knee. You don't  give the ball back. If a DB blows the coverage anx gives up a TD, how smart do they look?

You honestly felt the game was in the bag until the last incomplete pass? They just screwed up a punt coverage that a bunch of senior citizens  should have been able to cover

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Great. All is well in the land of the Jets. Future is so bright I have to wear shades.

Yes.  As a fan I like wins..

Especially with a young team like this - part of the evolution of a young team is learning how to win - it's a phase they have to go through.  Nice step for the offense, defense and our young QB's 6th NFL game.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Nicco said:

WTF is wrong with you? his pick was on ty johnson and the fluckiest of fluke plays. He had a TD dropped by griffin. he led 2 other TD drives. do you realize how many QBs threw for less than 200 yards this week? About the half the NFL. 

You are unbelievable.  That pass was straight into Johnsons back. It should never have been thrown and had Griffen caught that low pass it would have been a highlight catch.

• Upvote 1