Poorly Coached, Poorly Disciplined Team

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

And I've never once said he was, but he's ultimately responsible for it. 

We are 2/3rds of the way through the season on what? Our 7th blowout? 

He should have already made that decision. So its on him now. 

You’re insufferable.  Yes, I agree with you that the defensive coordinator should be fired.  I’m assuming there are more people involved on making that decision then just Saleh.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, heymangold said:

HE WAS THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR IN SF. HE ISN’T THE JETS DC.  Move on from constantly blaming Saleh for it. Be mad at ulbrich.  
When the offense stunk it wasn’t Saleh fault, no one was blaming him, it was LaFleur.  CAUSE HE’S THE OC.  

You've never been in charge of anyone have you? That's pretty clear.

When you hire someone that's your guy, and that guy doesnt perform remotely consistently, and you dont make moves to correct it, then the blame lays at your feet. 

That's how it works. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, heymangold said:

You’re insufferable.  Yes, I agree with you that the defensive coordinator should be fired.  I’m assuming there are more people involved on making that decision then just Saleh.

Then that tells me there are more people that are clueless. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If you're going to repeat the same nonsense, I will have to repeat the same response. When you take over a team that was decimated by another GM, it takes time to rebuild. When you have to pay out $24 million to players who are no longer on the team, it prevents you from reeling in big name players. This is what a rebuild looks like, so get used to it. 

How is what I'm speaking of nonsense? People insisting that our coaches suck which is probably true should look more towards the wrong doing of our GM. We've gone from bad to worse so how can you not be concern? Plus that's dead money not cash being paid out to players no longer on the team.

19 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

What an unbelievably depressed coach this sounds like and has sounded like . I do not want an angry coach I want an inspirational coach with determination to play your best especially when you have some players that don't belong in the NFL . Be an inspiration not a depression .This guy knows he's out of his League!!  

Seems like a great guy but he also seems a little embarrassed .

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Corn said:

What an unbelievably depressed coach this sounds like and has sounded like . I do not want an angry coach I want an inspirational coach with determination to play your best especially when you have some players that don't belong in the NFL . Be an inspiration not a depression .This guy knows he's out of his League!!  

He should be embarrassed with the way this team is playing. 

25 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You've never been in charge of anyone have you? That's pretty clear.

When you hire someone that's your guy, and that guy doesnt perform remotely consistently, and you dont make moves to correct it, then the blame lays at your feet. 

That's how it works. 

Whenever my team messes something up I always tell my boss who the junior employee was that messed up. She always absolves me from responsibility and my team really loves me for doing it.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

This team was 2-14 last year. Did any of us really expect that they were going to win 6 games this year? If you did, you need to get a grip on reality.

I'm not going to say Saleh is the next Vince Lombardi. I don't know yet if he is or he isn't. One thing that bothers me is the dogged insistence on playing the same defense. Obviously the personnel is not there to execute this well, so, please change it up a little.

They were totally out-physicalled today on defense. No pressure on Minshew, and no attempts to run stunts or games up front to generate some pressure. And they just cannot stop the run by any team. Yes, we could use an edge rusher, but we really need  a gigantic run stuffer to occupy some offensive linemen on run plays.

But what we really need is more patience and let these young players mature and see where that leaves us. If they are still like this next year, I will lead the "Fire xxxx" campaign.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Whenever my team messes something up I always tell my boss who the junior employee was that messed up. She always absolves me from responsibility and my team really loves me for doing it.

Such an amazing work environment I imagine lol. Turnover percentage has to be very low! 

Kidding aside, I've been in charge of people to varying degrees since I was in the military and beyond, as weird as it is to say, I've BEEN a bad leader before, and ive learned from it and feel ive gained the ability to spot it a mile away. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Such an amazing work environment I imagine lol. Turnover percentage has to be very low! 

Kidding aside, I've been in charge of people to varying degrees since I was in the military and beyond, as weird as it is to say, I've BEEN a bad leader before, and ive learned from it and feel ive gained the ability to spot it a mile away. 

Been there, myself. My leadership philosophy now is "blame flows uphill and credit flows downhill."

What some leaders don't understand is they are paid more to lead than to produce. If you are always pointing fingers, you are basically admitting you belong on the line.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Buh bye, Bobby. 

All door, no ass 

Yeah, yeah "but the refs...!"

Who cares.  This is a dumb football team.

Offense looks to be coached really well. 

Not having a good kicker is more on Douglas

Defense is 100pct on Saleh. That's his specialty. I get the lack of talent, but a good defensive coach finds ways to get a few stops and the occasional turnover. This is the worst defense in Jets history. There isn't one even close to this pathetic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Hey, look! All the usual suspects that apparently think the coach is doing a GREAT JOB, and in fact this IS a "Well Coached" team with good discipline and smarts...lol

Screenshot_20211205-175141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f5ec619bfbc80b796f75444d76ec48e1.jpg

Those thumbs down are well earned for a thread with zero nuance. You think Lafleur has coached poorly the last 6 weeks? If so, you deserve those thumbs down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, jgb said:

Been there, myself. My leadership philosophy now is "blame flows uphill and credit flows downhill."

What some leaders don't understand is they are paid more to lead than to produce. If you are always pointing fingers, you are basically admitting you belong on the line.

Extreme Ownership 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Offense looks to be coached really well. 

Not having a good kicker is more on Douglas

Defense is 100pct on Saleh. That's his specialty. I get the lack of talent, but a good defensive coach finds ways to get a few stops and the occasional turnover. This is the worst defense in Jets history. There isn't one even close to this pathetic. 

Where does the buck stop? Where does coaching flow from? 

THIS TEAM is poorly coached and not disciplined. Never mentioned a subunits, because that misses the point. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's a good philosophy. I'm all about the servant leader role. People respect you immensely when you take the heat. 

I remember the first time I ever tried to pass the buck, I got lit up like a whore on the fourth of July by my TSgt. 

I've been extremely fortunate in my time to have some amazing leaders above me that have coached me through the years after the military. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Corn said:

Also, I wish they would stop using that same thumbnail with the stupid grin for all of his press videos. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

That's a good philosophy. I'm all about the servant leader role. People respect you immensely when you take the heat. 

I remember the first time I ever tried to pass the buck, I got lit up like a whore on the fourth of July by my TSgt. 

I've been extremely fortunate in my time to have some amazing leaders above me that have coached me through the years after the military. 

Never had the military experience but people I work with who had, always have a lot of these tools without the "growing pains" us private sector folks tend to go through. I'm sure there were growing pains in the military life but I've only seen the finished product, which is largely excellent. 

Ironically, I'd have to say I learned more from the crappy leaders I worked with than the good. 

• Upvote 1

We don't have the talent on defense to know how good or bad the coaches are on that side. Look at the offense, once the QB play improved, everything looked much better and ML somehow is now calling good plays. Some times the players are at fault.

I'm working with the assumption that this team sucks this year because of poor talent on defense and poor QB play. Zach needs to get more consistent. We need a CB #1, Edge #1 and a couple of LB's that can run and cover.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

We don't have the talent on defense to know how good or bad the coaches are on that side. Look at the offense, once the QB play improved, everything looked much better and ML somehow is now calling good plays. Some times the players are at fault.

I'm working with the assumption that this team sucks this year because of poor talent on defense and poor QB play. Zach needs to get more consistent. We need a CB #1, Edge #1 and a couple of LB's that can run and cover.

We are good QB play away from being competitive on offense. We are so much further on defense. This draft, I believe, will be D heavy at the top. And I hope JD brings in a credible plan B as an emergency chute if Zach gets hurt or fails to develop.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Never had the military experience but people I work with who had, always have a lot of these tools without the "growing pains" us private sector folks tend to go through. I'm sure there were growing pains in the military life but I've only seen the finished product, which is largely excellent. 

Ironically, I'd have to say I learned more from the crappy leaders I worked with than the good. 

Yeah that's a good point too. Learn from other peoples mistakes lol.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, NorthCoastJetsFan said:

This team was 2-14 last year. Did any of us really expect that they were going to win 6 games this year? 

This team should easily win 6 games this year, and there is still time to.