Tension boiling over with Urban Meyer and Jags

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I could care less about Urban Meyer but I feel like some of these stories are over the top. Im sure he's an a-hole and players hate him but kicking a player in the middle of a practice field with everyone around and no one else saw the incident!? 

And then him telling Lambo he'll kick him any time he wants to in a different altercation? It's just too hard to believe. And that's on top of the story about him going around a circle asking assistants what have they won, I mean it just seems all too far fetched. 

29 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

I could care less about Urban Meyer but I feel like some of these stories are over the top. Im sure he's an a-hole and players hate him but kicking a player in the middle of a practice field with everyone around and no one else saw the incident!? 

And then him telling Lambo he'll kick him any time he wants to in a different altercation? It's just too hard to believe. And that's on top of the story about him going around a circle asking assistants what have they won, I mean it just seems all too far fetched. 

And yet they’re all believable, because Urban Meyer is an enormous a$$hole.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

You could tell Stroud thought some kicker tattle tailing on Meyer was going to be his Watergate lol.

36 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Didn’t Urban confirm the loser-coaches story? 

The Lambo thing seems petty. Reminded me of when Parcells kicked Chrebet’s ankle to see if he was healthy.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Lambo thing seems petty. Reminded me of when Parcells kicked Chrebet’s ankle to see if he was healthy.

My high school track coach use to chase us around with a golf cart and throw rocks at us to "motivate us."

He also used his keys to give us "racing stripes" down the leg if we weren't hustling.

3 state championships in 4 years.

Best coach I ever had. Both me and my brother invited him to our weddings years later. Old boy crushed the open bar.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

My high school track coach use to chase us around with a golf cart and throw rocks at us to "motivate us."

He also used his keys to give us "racing stripes" down the leg if we weren't hustling.

Best coach I ever had. Both me and my brother invited him to our weddings years later. Old boy crushed the open bar.

Ok, but at least your coach was trying to motivate you to do something to get better:  I.E. run faster.

How are any of Urban Meyer’s methods employed thus far supposed to be helping things whilst coaching professional athletes?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok, but at least your coach was trying to motivate you to do something to get better:  I.E. run faster.

How are any of Urban Meyer’s methods employed thus far supposed to be helping things whilst coaching professional athletes?

Sorry, I was comparing my coach to Parcells kicking Chrebet's ankle. Not Urban Meyer projectile sharting all over the staff and players.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

What a pansy ass this kicker is

My high school coach used to Deacon Jones head slap us when we f’d up

These are pro athletes we’re talking about.  There’s no reason to treat them like High Schoolers / scum.  And it doesn’t work at this level, either.  See:  Judge, Joe.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These are pro athletes we’re talking about.  There’s no reason to treat them like High Schoolers / scum.  And it doesn’t work at this level, either.  See:  Judge, Joe.

Exactly. It would be like your boss at work making you write 100 times on the chalkboard "I will not miss anymore deadlines" if you turn in a memo late.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I know you’re right on a higher level, however to me, it’s a wussy thing for a football player to do.  To go to the media and want to get HR involved for getting a kick in the ass out on the field.

And I think Meyer is a POS and agree that this action IS indicative of that.  Couldn’t stand his smug, entitled, pedantic, good ol’ boy routine ever since he came on my radar when he tried to hire the documented racist trainer.  

so again just proving your point…but still

4 hours ago, jgb said:

These are quite literally all things that will 100% get you fired. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

These are quite literally all things that will 100% get you fired. 

It was a different time. Far as I know, no one ever squealed. But in those days and in that part of the country, he might've gotten reprimanded, but not fired.

He married a former student, too. It was a couple years after she graduated but there were rumors that it started when he was her coach. Nobody did anything far as I could tell.

Guy was legit the best track coach in the state. Just win, baby.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

It was a different time. Far as I know, no one ever squealed. But in those days and in that part of the country, he might've gotten reprimanded, but not fired.

He married a former student, too. It was a couple years after she graduated but there were rumors that it started when he was her coach. Nobody did anything far as I could tell.

Guy was legit the best track coach in the state. Just win, baby.

If only we could go back to the good old days when...:checks notes:...coaches and teachers could throw rocks at students. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I think he also gave Foley a little surprise shot/poke to the ribs as a “test” when the QB (falsely) claimed he was 100% and could go back in instead of the Vinman. I forget the details, but iirc it was something like that.

• Upvote 1

One of the things that's most interesting about this is it may be the best example ever of how insular universities can be. Something was always weird with Meyer and the way he bounced all over, but nobody could ever put their thumb on it because of how protective big time programs are empowered to be over incidents and reputations. Florida St and so many others are primo examples of this, but it's hard to think of such a clear example of a bad dude getting exposed so quickly. University administrations are able to be iron curtains if/when they choose to be unless it's some Petrino-level sh*t, and once that's gone the person gets laid bare at the pro level. There's no more hiding. 13 games was all it took for one of best of the last few decades. Just incredible.