All Zach Wilson throws vs Jax

doitny

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

And now let's do the same with Josh Allen and Zack.

Allen: started 11 games

52.8%

6.5 Y/A

10 tds 12 ints

67.9 Rating

3 game winning drives 

5 and 6 record 

Are you prepared to casually dismiss his 631 yards rushing and 8 TDs?

And would you like me to list off the dozens of QB's whose numbers looked like a lot like these and went on to failure?  The odds of Wilson being another Josh Allen are pretty much null.  He doesn't have Allen's athleticism, rushing ability, nor can you count on a QB with accuracy issues "fixing" those at the pro level like Allen was able to.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Are you prepared to casually dismiss his 631 yards rushing and 8 TDs?

And would you like me to list off the dozens of QB's whose numbers looked like a lot like these and went on to failure?  The odds of Wilson being another Josh Allen are pretty much null.  He doesn't have Allen's athleticism, rushing ability, nor can you count on a QB with accuracy issues "fixing" those at the pro level like Allen was able to.

There was no reason to add the rushing stats since its obvious his numbers running the football are far better. Wilson also isn't 6'5 235 to be running around and taking hit anyway. I car about throwing the ball and your argument is dead using stats for 1 and dismissing another because it doesn't fit your side. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Would Zach have been more successful this season with a better team. Could he lead a good team in 2021 to a winning season potentially into the playoffs like Mac Jones has done?

I think a fair criticism of Zach is his lack of experience against top level talent. It’s going to take time. 

Everyone acknowledged that Mac was the most “pro ready”. But his arm will only take him so far. Which is likely not very far.  

If the game slows down for Zach his ceiling is much much higher. It seems to be slowing down for him. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Becoming a franchise QB is an outlier period. Most QBs drafted are busts.

Of course it is the exception. Doesn't mean you give up after 9 games, especially if the QB is showing meaningful improvement.

Dudes really going out on a limb here. 

5 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

There was no reason to add the rushing stats since its obvious his numbers running the football are far better. Wilson also isn't 6'5 235 to be running around and taking hit anyway. I car about throwing the ball and your argument is dead using stats for 1 and dismissing another because it doesn't fit your side. 

This isn't a 1:1 proposition.  One case study (Allen) does not dismiss the other (Rosen).  Because there's only one Josh Allen.  There are dozens upon dozens of Josh Rosen's.  

And it DOES matter that Allen is so much better at running the ball, because that's a part of his game that's always been there, including back in his collegiate days.  He's an athletic freak.  So Allen's supporters who watched him struggle early on could at least take solace that he could perhaps end up a poor man's Cam Newton.  He ended up a rich man's version after "fixing" a lot of his accuracy issues, something guys just don't do in the NFL. 

If you want to believe in Zach Wilson because of one extreme outlier in Allen, have at it.  I remember a lot of people wanting to believe in Darnold because of Allen, too, and it didn't work out so well unfortunately.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This isn't a 1:1 proposition.  One case study (Allen) does not dismiss the other (Rosen).  Because there's only one Josh Allen.  There are dozens upon dozens of Josh Rosen's.  

And it DOES matter that Allen is so much better at running the ball, because that's a part of his game that's always been there, including back in his collegiate days.  He's an athletic freak.  So Allen's supporters who watched him struggle early on could at least take solace that he could perhaps end up a poor man's Cam Newton.  He ended up a rich man's version after "fixing" a lot of his accuracy issues, something guys just don't do in the NFL. 

If you want to believe in Zach Wilson because of one extreme outlier in Allen, have at it.  I remember a lot of people wanting to believe in Darnold because of Allen, too, and it didn't work out so well unfortunately.

This isn't a 1:1 proposition. One case study Rosen) does not dismiss the other (Allen). See how that works? I also never said I think Wilson will be as good as Josh allen. I dont think he's very good at all but I'm just using the stats. 

Just now, Ghost420 said:

This isn't a 1:1 proposition. One case study Rosen) does not dismiss the other (Allen). See how that works? I also never said I think Wilson will be as good as Josh allen. I dont think he's very good at all but I'm just using the stats. 

At this point I'd probably settle for Wilson being better than Sam Darnold.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

At least he’s flying solo the past few days, not with the President of the AZM.  Although the big bloviator is there to defend him. 

I don’t need Zach to “ball out”. I need him to show steady improvement. 

Which he has done. Watched his Jax throws again about an hour ago. Other than 2-3 passes every throw was exactly where he wanted/where it was supposed to go. 

I just rewatched the game.  Zach was dead on accurate.  No butterfly nets needed.  I hope this sticks.

8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Jameis winston had a pretty damn good rookie season and ended up a bust. Maybe we should at least give Wilson another season. 

There are levels of busts.  Winston at least is capable of putting points on the board.  He had 3 seasons with 4,000+ yards, including a 5,000+ yard season.  The Jets haven't had a 4,000+ yard passer since prior to the merger (Namath in '67).  He also had a 28-TD season and a 33-TD season.  Only twice in Jets history has a Jets QB had a 28+ TD season, and neither of those were QB's the Jets drafted (Fitzpatrick - 31 in 2015; Testaverde - 29 in 1998).

And despite all his many INT's he gets sh*t for, Winston's career TD:INT ratio (135:91) is not that bad.

@JiFapono

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And it DOES matter that Allen is so much better at running the ball, because that's a part of his game that's always been there, including back in his collegiate days. 

Might wanna research that one first:

1AF42BDA-2BF2-4F45-BA23-43EC2BFB52A2.jpeg.de38b059cd825e6fe61a7d11bd441df8.jpeg

004012DD-1FCE-4A8D-9F0D-8CD838609522.jpeg.beefd2eac79b5873fc641e13aba54bef.jpeg

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Next two weeks will be telling... we'll be down by 20 early and need to throw 50 passes.  Let's see if Zach can post a breakout game.

no cause if he does well they will just say the defense were playing prevent and let up cause of the big lead. 

2 hours ago, doitny said:

no cause if he does well they will just say the defense were playing prevent and let up cause of the big lead. 

Wilson has yet to play well in garbage time this season.  Let’s see him do it first before you start pre-loading the narratives of what you think non-believers like me will be saying. 

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson has yet to play well in garbage time this season.  Let’s see him do it first before you start pre-loading the narratives of what you think non-believers like me will be saying. 

i know what your guys are going to say cause i already been thru this with Sar.

Zach played well in the 2nd half of the Carolina game. but all i heard was how a 16 pt halftime lead was impossible for the Jets to come back so they let up. he threw 2 TD in the 2nd half but all i heard was they gave it him. 

i think the NE and Denver games too. where he was horrible in the 1st half and then settled down and looked better in the 2nd half.

dont you remember we never did anything in the 1st qt at the beginning of the season.? all i heard was whatever good i seen from Zach in the 2nd half was given to him cause it was garbage time.

pal i was been arguing with you non-believers since game 1. sorry if i took your excuse away before you can use it. im sure you will think of another one

1 hour ago, doitny said:

i know what your guys are going to say cause i already been thru this with Sar.

Zach played well in the 2nd half of the Carolina game. but all i heard was how a 16 pt halftime lead was impossible for the Jets to come back so they let up. he threw 2 TD in the 2nd half but all i heard was they gave it him. 

i think the NE and Denver games too. where he was horrible in the 1st half and then settled down and looked better in the 2nd half.

dont you remember we never did anything in the 1st qt at the beginning of the season.? all i heard was whatever good i seen from Zach in the 2nd half was given to him cause it was garbage time.

pal i was been arguing with you non-believers since game 1. sorry if i took your excuse away before you can use it. im sure you will think of another one

You should be ashamed to call any of the above good garbage time play.

Josh Johnson put up 317 yards and 3 TDs against the Colts in mostly garbage time, in this same offense.  Wilson hasn’t even had a 300-yard game yet. 

5 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Plus we don’t know that Zach Wilson isn’t done growing into his 6’4”, 240 lb frame

• Haha 3