Oof

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This photo is amazing on so many levels.

Do people understand that this was only a few years ago? And you wonder why this team needs a complete tear down and rebuild from the ground up. Jesus.

3628D189-DC64-4CA8-89A6-B9C3E0CD74B1.jpeg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

This photo is amazing on so many levels.

Do people understand that this was only a few years ago? And you wonder why this team needs a complete tear down and rebuild from the ground up. Jesus.

I remember watching that jersey reveal event wondering WTF was going on and why the F I was watching it. It was the most cringeworthy BS I think  I ever saw. Woody Johnson should have been imprisoned for allowing it to go down.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The pass is awful and the footwork is almost as bad. 

Not to defend the kid, because he is toast. But you do wonder what happens to a kid like Darnold if he gets drafted by the Patriots or the Rams or the Niners and gets proper coaching with a good supporting cast.

What do we think Mac Jones would be if the Jets drafted him under Gase and he had 2 years of that situation to deal with. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The pass is awful and the footwork is almost as bad. 

Not to defend the kid, because he is toast. But you do wonder what happens to a kid like Darnold if he gets drafted by the Patriots or the Rams or the Niners and gets proper coaching with a good supporting cast.

What do we think Mac Jones would be if the Jets drafted him under Gase and he had 2 years of that situation to deal with. 

Two QB needy teams passed on him.  He was a turnover machine in college.  We got swindled by the Rose Bowl.

This wasn't the Jets fault.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Bummer to see his fall from grace go down like this. I remember after the Cowboys game I told anyone that would listen that Darnold was about to shock the world on MNF vs the Pats. Boy, was I left with egg on my face after that game. That was the beginning of the end for his career imo. He was never the same.

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Two QB needy teams passed on him.  He was a turnover machine in college.  We got swindled by the Rose Bowl.

This wasn't the Jets fault.

The teams that passed over him, also passed over Josh Allen. They also took Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley and their GMs are either fired or about to be fired. 

We likely took the wrong guy but also had an infrastructure that would have broken Josh Allen. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The teams that passed over him, also passed over Josh Allen. They also took Baker Mayfield and Saquon Barkley and their GMs are either fired or about to be fired. 

We likely took the wrong guy but also had an infrastructure that would have broken Josh Allen. 

Baker and Saquon are both much better players.  The point isn't that we should have drafted Allen.  The point is that Darnold busting is because he wasn't good.  I fell for the Rose Bowl too.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1