Jets Raise Ticket Prices

43 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They can charge what they want but pretending the NFL is a business model based on capitalism and competition is still pretend.    

Don't think I'd agree with you.  We've had a number of other well-funded attempts at Pro Football over the years (unlike Baseball), and there is no legal bar to entry for Football Leagues to keep trying.  Think we still have two new ones coming this year, don't we?

If consumers wanted a different, better Pro Football league, they have an odd way of showing it.

25 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

25 bucks per game across multiple tickets - Isn't it?  Especially after so long w/o an increase?

My ticket prices are $2.50 per ticket. My parking pass (I have two) went up $10 each. It is minimal and I agree with what you wrote earlier. This is in no way a tipping point for me.  I will renew.

It is just frustrating sitting around visiting fans all year who pay $50 for some of the games. For such a small increase I think they should have done a better Marketing job. No ticket price increase for PSL holders. No increase for season ticket holders. Something.

Just a bad look. But the price is small so that part isn't bad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Woody doesn't care one iota about Jets fans. Anyone who believes he does is just a fool.

Just like Robert Kraft and Wellington Mara or even Jerry Jones care about their fans. They are business men and they are looking to making a profit pure and simple. 

32 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah it is the parking that went up much more.

It's because of the secondary market.  Parking passes are the money maker and the jets want their hands in the cookie jar. You can sell parking passes for over 100 percent more than face value.

I have two parking passes most of the games I sold them for 50 to 60 dollars and the pats game I sold them for 110 each.  

The Jets see what people are paying for parking passes and want some of that profit.  It's a business and there is profit to be made. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets are usually in the top five of the league attendance wise.  They were 7th after COVID in NY/NJ with their issues.  2019, 2018 pre COVID they were 2nd in attendance.   2017 3rd.  The sky isn’t falling.  Jet fans support this team.

Have you actually taken a look at who is attending these games? Not sure it's "Jets fans."

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

Any team that is a playoff team their tickets are expensive . Supply and demand.  Don't forget we have a big stadium so that really drives down ticket prices when they are bad. 

My friends are Giants fans and I go to one game a year with them.   The worst seat in the house were over 100 vs a mediocre team when they were good. They still are kind of up their in price at the beginning of the season.   8 out of 10 Jet games you can get for below face value. 

Tickets to the Giants finale were selling for $8.... I assure you they are not immune.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

My ticket prices are $2.50 per ticket. My parking pass (I have two) went up $10 each. It is minimal and I agree with what you wrote earlier. This is in no way a tipping point for me.  I will renew.

It is just frustrating sitting around visiting fans all year who pay $50 for some of the games. For such a small increase I think they should have done a better Marketing job. No ticket price increase for PSL holders. No increase for season ticket holders. Something.

Just a bad look. But the price is small so that part isn't bad.

I hear you on bad look, but everything goes up in price, and as I've said, and you as a die-hard loyalist know, you're not paying for the quality of the product, you're just paying for the seat.

As for visiting fans - sign of the times.  Every road trip I've ever been on there has been tons of green, and I've gotten tickets within 48 hours of the game, great seats, at a reasonable price.  The ease of tickets online means that this is here to stay, and by my estimation, the die-hard in-person loyalist, like yourself, is a thing of the past.  I wouldn't be here if I didn't love the Jets.  I wouldn't travel every year to games if I didn't love the Jets.  I love going to games and your tailgate, and then sitting with @Jet Nut and @Mogglez, is a memory I'm so grateful to have.  But, there's no way I could be a season ticket holder who goes every week.  The cost, not in terms of money at all, but in terms of time, is just something I can't afford.  Maybe I've digressed a bit, but the point is, I just don't think visiting fans are going away.  Hopefully the team gets better so the visiting fans pay more?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I hear you on bad look, but everything goes up in price, and as I've said, and you as a die-hard loyalist know, you're not paying for the quality of the product, you're just paying for the seat.

As for visiting fans - sign of the times.  Every road trip I've ever been on there has been tons of green, and I've gotten tickets within 48 hours of the game, great seats, at a reasonable price.  The ease of tickets online means that this is here to stay, and by my estimation, the die-hard in-person loyalist, like yourself, is a thing of the past.  I wouldn't be here if I didn't love the Jets.  I wouldn't travel every year to games if I didn't love the Jets.  I love going to games and your tailgate, and then sitting with @Jet Nut and @Mogglez, is a memory I'm so grateful to have.  But, there's no way I could be a season ticket holder who goes every week.  The cost, not in terms of money at all, but in terms of time, is just something I can't afford.  Maybe I've digressed a bit, but the point is, I just don't think visiting fans are going away.  Hopefully the team gets better so the visiting fans pay more?

I agree with this but it does ruin the experience for me personally.

If I'm going to watch the Jets get their asses kicked or choke away a win I don't want to do it next to drunk Dolphins fans.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree with this but it does ruin the experience for me personally.

If I'm going to watch the Jets get their asses kicked or choke away a win I don't want to do it next to drunk Dolphins fans.

Then you've got to do it at home.  It's simply not an option to watch the game in-person with only Jets fans.

It may be better if the team were better, but it's not going away.

Plus, visiting fans don't hold a monopoly on being obnoxious drunks.  Most games I've been to the Jets fans have been more obnoxious than the interlopers.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Have you actually taken a look at who is attending these games? Not sure it's "Jets fans."

We’re talking about people buying the tickets, not rebuying the tickets.  Most were bought by Jets fans and because the team is down they’ve been resold to opponents fans.  Yes during the Sack Exchange or Parcells era, early Rex, Mangini, Michaels years few visiting fans were in the stadium and the Kotite, Bowles years the worse we played the more tickets are sold to whoever.  I had 3 tickets since Shea.  Some years I could sell an unused tix in a second.  Other years?  No

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just received my invoice.  Jets raised tickets from $50 to $55 and parking from $25 to $35 at least for me.  What nerve!!  

Nobody really cares.

They know guys like you will keep showing up no matter how bad the product is.

Just them a thank you note. I would’ve raised the price even more.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Woody doesn't care one iota about Jets fans. Anyone who believes he does is just a fool.

The Jets could’ve raised the prices $20 across the board and it would still be a bargain. 
STH’s love to whine, and it’s nauseating.

I had tickets for over 20 years, I enjoyed every minute, and made a lot of friends I still stay in contact with almost 15 years later.
Guess what? When it stopped being fun, I canceled my seats. 

10 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah it is the parking that went up much more.

Sorry Max, I wasn’t trying to trivialize any price increase, i was just looking at the per tix increase.  I get that if you have a few tix and with the parking increase it’s an extra burden no one wants.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ZachEY said:

And that exactly why I was a STH for so many years.  I’ve had so many memories at games or tailgates that I never would have had at home so for me it was money well spent.  But my justification for the price of attending games didn’t come with an expectation of a win total.  It was to spend a day out meeting up with family initially, good friends for awhile and then with a 6 year old version of @Mogglez and now the 28 year old version.  The time spent with him and others, the people I met along the way, like sitting and tailgating with @ZachEY, @Maxman and the rest of the JN crew was money well spent.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Jets are usually in the top five of the league attendance wise.  They were 7th after COVID in NY/NJ with their issues.  2019, 2018 pre COVID they were 2nd in attendance.   2017 3rd.  The sky isn’t falling.  Jet fans support this team.

right.  A stadium with over 1/3 fans from visiting teams.  You are delusional and have been away from here for a very long time.  It is way different.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Tickets to the Giants finale were selling for $8.... I assure you they are not immune.

Exactly they are a 4 win team. When they were in the hunt for the playoffs every year they sold for a premium. 

I said giants tickets WERE  over 100 for the worst seat...

28 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Clowns

05B74A7C-D7DB-4079-826B-710682D215F1.jpeg

At least we have won a playoff game this century. The Bengals and Dolphins haven't won a playoff game since the '90s, and the Raiders last won a playoff game in '01 (I think).

Still really embarrassing as a Jets fan 

54 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Then you've got to do it at home.  It's simply not an option to watch the game in-person with only Jets fans.

It may be better if the team were better, but it's not going away.

Plus, visiting fans don't hold a monopoly on being obnoxious drunks.  Most games I've been to the Jets fans have been more obnoxious than the interlopers.

Well yeah. That's why I haven't been to a game since 2018. I do suspect it'll get better if the team is more competitive. Right now it's often 50/50 which honestly makes sense -- the "draw" to go to Jets/Saints in December is greater for a Saints fan who lives in the tri-state area and rarely sees his team than it is for the disillusioned Jets fan who doesn't want to sit in the cold and watch his team get their ass kicked in a meaningless game.

Don't really mind most drunk Jets fans anyway. They can be amusing. I just don't want to watch a game around people who are cheering and getting excited when things that annoy me happen Natural human reaction I suppose.

9 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Exactly they are a 4 win team. When they were in the hunt for the playoffs every year they sold for a premium. 

I said giants tickets WERE  over 100 for the worst seat...

Same for us.

EDIT: I re-read your post and don't think we're disagreeing. I thought you were comparing our fanbase unfavorably to the Giants, but I agree. Hard to sell tickets to any bad team.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

right.  A stadium with over 1/3 fans from visiting teams.  You are delusional and have been away from here for a very long time.  It is way different.

I’m delusional?  This is the new world, the internet age.  The stadium is nearly sold out, which is why their attendance #s look so good.  Problem is the team is bad so fans with the help of the internet and electronic ticketing can easily sell their tickets, rush free.  If you don’t get the why or that it’s like;y to change with a winning product on the field then you’re totally delusional.  I go to games, don’t know what has changed that isn’t self evident or that makes you call me delusional.  Shocking, fans buy tickets and if the team sucks tickets fall into the hands of visiting fans.  It’s the same way at other venues.  I still go, you don’t have too if you have a problem with it.  

• Thumb Down 1