What’s with the national media “feeling sorry” for Buffalo?

Jetlife33

3 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Here’s another thing I keep seeing, a missed taunting penalty? Yeah that’s why they lost. Give me a break. 

You can probably put together a 5 minute highlight film of the 2022 season of players around the league doing the same thing. I can't recall ever seeing anyone get flagged for that. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Rightfully so, I meant to say the team/they. Said it a few times now. Unless you don’t think the team choked either and were robbed. He did choke the coin toss, Allen should’ve called heads obviously. 
I feel the need to say that was sarcasm. 

Are those the pronouns?  lol

It's funny, no one in the media cried about Matt Ryan not getting a chance in OT a few years ago in the Super Bowl.

I think the media loves the Bills because they're a good "long time loser" story, kinda like the Cubs always were.

On top of that, they have idiot fans who do stupid sh*t....which also plays well on TV.

I would imagine if the Bills won the super bowl half of their fans would end up dead, either by alcohol consumption alone or doing something stupid while overly intoxicated and celebrating. 

Probably a blessing in disguise that they lost.

• Upvote 3

The narrative that media loves to toss out is that these two great qbs will be dueling it out for the chance to go to the super bowl for years.

Loses like the Bills just had should be terrible and heart breaking because in reality you never know if you actually will get another chance.

Ask guys like Marino and Fouts...oh they will get there or get back for sure they are too good......nope.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's funny, no one in the media cried about Matt Ryan not getting a chance in OT a few years ago in the Super Bowl.

I think the media loves the Bills because they're a good "long time loser" story, kinda like the Cubs always were.

On top of that, they have idiot fans who do stupid sh*t....which also plays well on TV.

I would imagine if the Bills won the super bowl half of their fans would end up dead, either by alcohol consumption alone or doing something stupid while overly intoxicated and celebrating. 

Probably a blessing in disguise that they lost.

It happened with Mahomes against Brady a few years ago, nobody in the media cared because it was Brady who won. Similar to your Ryan example. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

The bills are not the jets 

they won’t be treated the same way by the media 

this is not difficult to understand 

Also true. Both in “New York”, both in the same division, both with losing histories. Just don’t get the double standard at times. Let’s celebrate and feel bad they shot themselves in the foot in a playoff game. Like I said it’s just odd that’s all. Couldn’t help but notice it watching tv these last few days. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

The jets would be crucified, made fun of and and the fans would go through hell because of it. Instead buffalo is getting lauded and sympathized with.  I know it doesn’t make a difference to us either way but what gives? 

Also true. Both in “New York”, both in the same division, both with losing histories. Just don’t get the double standard at times. Let’s celebrate and feel bad they shot themselves in the foot in a playoff game. Like I said it’s just odd that’s all. Couldn’t help but notice it watching tv these last few days. 

When the Jets won under Parcells and Rex, got to AFCCGs we were loved and were treated the same way.  No one crucified us for leads we let get away from us in Denver of Indy.  The idea that when we were contenders we were treated differently is wrong 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Here’s another thing I keep seeing, a missed taunting penalty? Yeah that’s why they lost. Give me a break. 

Don't like the taunting rule - but if that wasn't taunting, I don't know what is?

But there's no way any ref would call a flag on that. This is one of the reasons over-legislating the game is such a problem - if it happens in the second quarter, it might negate a touchdown drive, but in the final two minutes, the rule is left unenforced. 

That's a problem. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The narrative that media loves to toss out is that these two great qbs will be dueling it out for the chance to go to the super bowl for years.

Loses like the Bills just had should be terrible and heart breaking because in reality you never know if you actually will get another chance.

Ask guys like Marino and Fouts...oh thy will get there or get back for sure they are too good......nope.

This 

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When the Jets won under Parcells and Rex, got to AFCCGs we were loved and were treated the same way.  No one crucified us for leads we let get away from us in Denver of Indy.  The idea that when we were contenders we were treated differently is wrong 

I do not remember the jets being loved nationally under Rex those years. They were just waiting on his downfall. Once he did and we weren’t winning we were crowned the circus. Buffalo gets pity when they suck lol 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ask guys like Marino and Fouts...oh thy will get there or get back for sure they are too good......nope.

great post

1 hour ago, Jetlife33 said:

What’s with the national media “feeling sorry” for Buffalo?

I presume it's because they have been bad for so long, lost 4 Super Bowls way back when, and were (for many) an easy to root for team that hadn't had much success in quite some time.

Alot of unaligned folks root for teams like that if their own team is out.  Hell, rival or not, I'd rather see Buffalo in the big game than say, the 49'er, Steelers, Cowboys or some other that already has multiple Lombardi's in their Building.  Once we're out of it and the postseason starts, I generally softly, passively, root for whatever teams have gone the longest since winner or getting to a Super Bowl.  

Probably the catastrophic way they lost at the end plays a part too.

13 seconds left and they blew their lead. I am not feeling sorry at all. I am laughing at them. They blew the game. The NFL is not changing OT rules because of the Bills gross negligence with 13 seconds left. Allow me to digress....Also there are no guarantees the 11 win Bills, who won the AFC East by the hair of their chinny chin chins are now a "dynasty" or that Josh Allen is now the "GOAT in Progress". The Chiefs secondary after losing the Honey Badger was horrendous that night, and made it look easy for Josh. Think about this, the Bills receiver Gabriel Davis had 201 yards receiving and 4 touchdows that night at Arrowhead, and he had for the entire 2021 season 549 yards and 6 touchdowns. Is he the "GOAT" receiver now? He's good but that was an outlier game.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You realize they’re going to kick our a** for another 10-15 years, right?

Starting a thread like this and wondering why people find Jet fans unlikeable is pretty funny.

You’re right. Buffalos great, it’s a shame they didn’t get the ball in OT, they should change the rules. Buffalos going to own us for 10-15 years so why does any of it matter anyway? I’ll just feel indifferent about it all, it’s not like they’re a division rival. 

not sure why you brought up jets fans being unlikable. I didn’t call out their fan base even though I could have. I’m just trying to point out the media coverage over what happened seems off. 

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I’ll add one other thing that I think is a bit off in the National narrative with Buffalo.  Everyone is all on board with them being a perennial powerhouse moving forward.  That’s mostly based off Allen, and no disputing he’s worthy of that praise.

That said, this was basically their last chance at a season where his contract wasn’t a major factor.  Add in that Diggs contract basically triples the next two years from what it was this year, they are going to have some serious roster makeover. They have drafted well, but not great, and don’t have a lot of money available without cutting ties with some key contributors.  They should be able to keep the roster pretty close to the same next year, but there some large change coming within the next year or 2.

I’d imagine losing Daboll has to sting a little bit as well. Their continuity the past few years between HC, OC, DC, the oline, etc has been tough to deal with. 

• Upvote 2