Stephen Ross offered Brian Flores $100,000 for each game he lost/ Flores also suing Giants for racism

Rhg1084

Just now, Tranquilo said:

Why can’t she be more qualified? Because he said that? So the best possible SC justice can’t be a black woman?

It's ok to want to choose a black supreme court nominee.  But to outright say that you're only going to consider a black woman and not include everyone qualified of all races and gender is just downright wrong.  

• Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

It's ok to want to choose a black supreme court nominee.  But to outright say that you're only going to consider a black woman and not include everyone qualified of all races and gender is just downright wrong.  

So he just said his intention as out loud. The horror. 95% have been white men but I’m sure all races and genders were considered. Yep. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Then you would agree that Reagan and Trump were wrong to say they were only going to appoint women?

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ah, the "2 wrongs make a right" solution.

Ah. The let’s ignore racist history and get mad at Biden solution. 

Im not even sure how it’s wrong. People are arguing that white owners should be allowed to hire their white friends. But Biden appoint a black friend? 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, IndianaJet said:

Then you would agree that Reagan and Trump were wrong to say they were only going to appoint women?

Absolutely if that happened.  I think everyone qualified should be considered and you choose the best person no matter skin color or gender.  

• Upvote 1

How the hell did this get to Reagen, Trump, MLK, etc. Stay on topic folks... it's ok to disagree, but keep it in the NFL. This thread gives us a golden opportunity to unpack possibly one of the most scandalous acts since Bountygate, might even be since the infamous Black Sox fiasco. Better even to a hated division rival! To have it devolve into racist trope and broad stroke statements, is doing this an injustice!  Many want to say the league is fixed and we have front row seats to possibly peeling back the onion.  I repeat STAY ON TOPIC!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

MLK believed you should be judged by the content of character, not the color of your skin. The modern day wokesters preach the opposite 

Jfc

Woke is a black word that was appropriated. 

And nothing is more annoying than conservatives picking out mainstream MLK quotes to prove their bullsh*t points. 

• Thumb Down 1

Says a lot that you know what Biden said but have no clue on Reagan and Trump. 

I didn't know what either of them said.  I'm going by what was said here from Peace Frog.  I'm not super into politics.  Don't make assumptions.

1 minute ago, DoubleDecker said:

How the hell did this get to Reagen, Trump, MLK, etc. Stay on topic folks... it's ok to disagree, but keep it in the NFL. This thread gives us a golden opportunity to unpack possibly one of the most scandalous acts since Bountygate, might even be since the infamous Black Sox fiasco.  To have it devolve into racist trope and broad stroke statements, is doing this an injustice!  Many want to say the league is fixed and we have front row seat to possibly peeling back the onion.  I repeat STAY ON TOPIC!

Second this. I’m interested what kind of evidence he has on Ross and Miami.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

There will never be an even playing field. There really is no such thing. So we have to get past that as a society 

I’m glad people didn't have this attitude during the civil rights era and the years that followed. Significant barriers to wealth accumulation were put in place that have been brought down over the last half century. There are still significant redlining settlements as late as 2015.

We are closer to a level playing field than we ever have been and probably need to focus on other issues like fatherless among other things. But just saying life is not fair deal with it doesn’t seem like the right approach either. With that said, Affirmative Action is probably at the end of its useful life and is actually illegal in many states. 

You’re taking the word of Peace Frog? I’ll keep making my assumptions. 

Sure I was.  Why am I to assume he was lying?  Could've possibly been an oversight on his part.  

Either way it was corrected and I updated my take.  The fact that you would think that says a lot about me says more about you.  

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

We get past that by ignoring it? Lol

No, we get past it, by growing up and realizing that fairy tales aren't reality. The field isn't level for anyone regardless of superficial traits. Define a level playing field.... Is it one where we are all judged by our experience, qualifications, and ability to connect with others? Because that would be great. You make it as level as you can by bettering yourself and making yourself valuable. I would love for nepotism to disappear, but whining about it doesn't get me anywhere. 

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

There are still significant redlining settlements as late as 2015.

I’ve always found it interesting that the most redlined and segregated places are in the wealthy progressive enclaves of the northeast.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you honestly believe that a guy who has a net worth of $8,000,000,000 is not a powerful person and doesn't have an "impact on the larger world outside the of the US?" He owns a GLOBAL real estate firm. Even if it was only New York real estate, he would still be one of the most powerful people in the world. 

I cannot believe that this is even a conversation.

image.png.10fab8cd9d8c2136783cbbc261dd5e00.png

Yes I do. 

Being rich and having a bunch or real estate does not necessarily make you a powerful world moving person. 

Governments are not making decisions based around Stephen Ross. 

Governments make decisions off the Bezos, Gates, and Musks of the world. Those men are powerful. 

2 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I’m glad people didn't have this attitude during the civil rights era and the years that followed. Significant barriers to wealth accumulation were put in place that have been brought down over the last half century. There are still significant redlining settlements as late as 2015.

We are closer to a level playing field than we ever have been and probably need to focus on other issues like fatherless among other things. But just saying life is not fair deal with it doesn’t seem like the right approach either. With that said, Affirmative Action is probably at the end of its useful life and is actually illegal in many states. 

This does not have to be a statement about race. Just no such thing  as a level playing field.  

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I thought we are talking about management and coaching staffs. In the NBA almost all owners are white majority of coaches and GMs too.

I think in the NBA at least 50% of the coaches are black or at least close to it.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  

Just so everybody remembers this is Jetnation and we still don't allow politics, racism, hate speech and religion? Yeah, those. I do appreciate everyone staying relatively civil and not getting too out of hand but just try and keep in mind of the rules. Thanks. I only read this page so please don't mistake me for someone that knows what's happening here. Thanks.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

This does not have to be a statement about race. Just no such thing  as a level playing field.  

“A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, in order to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis.”

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

The playing field is based off how much your family has.  A well off kid no matter the color is going to miles ahead to their poor or middle class counterpart.  

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

“A society that has done something special against the Negro for hundreds of years must now do something special for him, in order to equip him to compete on a just and equal basis.”

Blacks achieve more wealth in America than any other place on the face of the planet, and it’s not even close.  Some of us take advantage of that.  Others don’t 

• Post of the Week 3