Hue Jackson: Browns paid me to lose games during 2016, 2017 seasons

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, certainly not with the race stuff. No argument there. 

But I'm talking about organizational tanking. You don't want your ownership group attached to that stuff. The Dolphins are in hot water. That will effect their coaching hire, free agents, everything. 

There is nothing hard out there regarding the Jets tanking for Trevor.  All the talking heads were saying how foolish the Jets were for winning the Rams and Cleveland games during the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  They are off the hook with change to spare.  And if it was Williams who was the one out there chatting about it, there is no chance you'll see GW join this class action suit. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

There is nothing hard out there regarding the Jets tanking for Trevor.  All the talking heads were saying how foolish the Jets were for winning the Rams and Cleveland games during the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.  They are off the hook with change to spare.  And if it was Williams who was the one out there chatting about it, there is no chance you'll see GW join this class action suit. 

I never said there was? 

shocking
Just evidence that there won't be any real punishment for Ross because if Goodell has to punish him, then he'll have to punish half the league owners, and they won't let that happen. They all know what each other does, and probably don't give a f*ck.

Why not? Punish all of them, whoever is culpable. Evidently this has been a problem and should be cleaned up.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

The very sad truth that's starting to emerge is that all the losing the Jets were doing in these years was not on purpose, nor was it incentivized... even if it looked that way.

Flores is paid to lose and still wins more games in one season than Gase/Saleh did combined in 2 seasons. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The very sad truth that's starting to emerge is that all the losing the Jets were doing in these years was not on purpose, nor was it incentivized... even if it looked that way.

Woody was so cheap he wouldn’t even pay his losing coaches to lose.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For years I have been told that teams don’t actively tank in the NFL. I feel vindicated today.

Notice the teams that tanked on purpose suck perpetually.

If you believe moving up one or two spots makes a difference ,that’s why you suck. Player development is as important.  

Imagine tanking for the 1 pick and you take Ryan Leif, or Sam Darnold… Gholsten etc.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

If these allegations are true, this is going to be devastating to the NFL. Teams were throwing games. Think about how that is going to effect gambling moving forward? Also, are we going to see a draft lottery as a result. 

IMHO, this is an even bigger deal than the race issues raised by the Flores suit. 

Love it. Brady’s retirement not even headlines. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Hue is obviously on a kamikaze mission because he not only implicated himself, but many other people! I really really hope this isn't some widespread thing and we come to find out teams have been throwing games for years. Again, I can't help but look back on the Colts the year before Luck was drafted and just wondering how could a team seem to be blatantly throwing games and no one say anything??

To be fair, Manning was fully injured and out and Curtis Painter was their QB. Could they have found a better QB? Who was available what was their cap space did it make sense to put on a full court press to win a game or 2? 

Tank or slight tank. Can you blame them? 

In the long run, how did that work out for them? 

1 hour ago, dcJet said:

He loyally tanked for cash and then was fired for losing.  What a betrayal.  He must be so pissed off and looking for revenge.

Now, he's seen as a loser and can't sniff a HC job.  Serves him right to play along.

On the flip side, Flores didn’t play along and got fired for it.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Hue is obviously on a kamikaze mission because he not only implicated himself, but many other people! I really really hope this isn't some widespread thing and we come to find out teams have been throwing games for years. Again, I can't help but look back on the Colts the year before Luck was drafted and just wondering how could a team seem to be blatantly throwing games and no one say anything??

Cincinnati tanked that game against Miami in the “Burrow Bowl” go back and look at that overtime, a dolphin beat confirmed it today on his show.

This is the tip of the iceberg imo 

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

I don’t mean to single you out, but how can a fan base like ours which was all in on “sucking for Sam” and openly roots for and gets upset about a lack of losses at the end of losing seasons not believe other bad teams try to improve their draft position?

We kill the Jets for screwing up with meaningless wins and then act surprised at the thought of tanking? I don’t get it.

• Upvote 1

There needs to be evidence Hue Jackson Would have that, showing the payments made In that time frame.

Even if it was cash It would eventually wind up in the bank.

Otherwise I would want to see lawsuits  for defamation. Even in this political correct times.

Otherwise the teams look guilty and should be proceeding to shut these people up or guilty as charge!

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, Corn said:

There needs to be evidence Hue Jackson Would have that, showing the payments made In that time frame.

Even if it was cash It would eventually wind up in the bank.

Otherwise I would want to see lawsuits  for defamation. Even in this political correct times.

Otherwise the teams look guilty and should be proceeding to shut these people up or guilty as charge!

This is it, like people need to use common sense. 

Hue and Flores are not going to come forward with such strong accusations without having proof.

Come on these are some of the most powerful people in the world, apart of the most powerful sport in America. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Notice the teams that tanked on purpose suck perpetually.

If you believe moving up one or two spots makes a difference ,that’s why you suck. Player development is as important.  

Imagine tanking for the 1 pick and you take Ryan Leif, or Sam Darnold… Gholsten etc.  

Now imagine doing it and getting Joe Burrow or Luck.

Sure you’ll get the occasional Mayfield or Lawrence, but why wouldn’t you want to lose one or two more meaningless games to get the pick of the litter?

• Upvote 1

Just now, undertow said:

So he was a coach of a rebuilding team gotcha.  What I've learned so far is rebuilding means tanking and having interviews after you have already made your choice is racist. 

I'm not really sure what's happening anymore. A lot of stuff getting thrown around. 

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I actually do not believe Hue. He is a scumbag and trying to explain away how big of a loser he is.

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Hue Jackson just implicated himself. What an idiot!

2 hours ago, Drums said:

So he took the money for two years and decided now is the time to come out with it?

46 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hue Jackson is one of the least credible folks in this whole story. 

There seems to be some talk that Hue may have gotten caught somehow, either by the charity looking into things or simply because someone started chirping after Flores dropped the news yesterday.  Basically he's trying to look like a good guy and pointing the finger at the Browns meanwhile he was complicit, took the money and didn't say a peep for several years until today???

Something isn't adding up here.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

There seems to be some talk that Hue may have gotten caught somehow, either by the charity looking into things or simply because someone started chirping after Flores dropped the news yesterday.  Basically he's trying to look like a good guy and pointing the finger at the Browns meanwhile he was complicit, took the money and didn't say a peep for several years until today???

Right, if Hue Jackson is saying he accepted money to purposefully lose games, then he’s getting thrown into the fire before anyone else 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Hue running a fugazi foundation?