Report: Jets working to bring back Joe Flacco

Bronx

6 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

They get 2 more years if that’s how it goes without a QB conterversy this year.  Plus if they build the team well otherwise, they get a bonus plug in a Vet season 

Sadly your probably right. New GM, new HC abs new QB is 2-3 years. 

Personally I like the backup QB to have a similar style of play as the starter, but I wouldn't hate signing Flacco to a reasonable contract. He's a vet that can step in and compete for a game or two if necessary.

One of Douglas' biggest mistakes last year was going into the year with a QB room with zero NFL starts combined. That's not a good way to help develop a rookie QB from a small school. He learned his lesson quickly.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

One of Douglas' biggest mistakes last year was going into the year with a QB room with zero NFL starts combined. That's not a good way to help develop a rookie QB from a small school. He learned his lesson quickly.

@Mogglez mentioned or quoted the word idiot. I thought it was too harsh, but now that I think about it...

You get paid millones to ruin an organization by having another bust James Morgan and a one day twink HOF as mentors to a rookie. Genius GM!

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Worried for good reason to be fair.  

From Pop Warner Football to the NFL, QB controversies are terrible for teams.  You need on the field leadership and a divided locker room can kill a team.  

Incidentally, this is why they martyred Mike White the first opportunity they had.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

So we don't all agree it seems.

I do think, though, on this one there's no point in belaboring an argument.  I don't buy into conspiracy theories, that Woody or marketing or Wilsons feelings - whatever it is is a reason for not spending big money on a back up QB.

I believe it's simply a team building and resource allocation decision. 

Your argument falls on its face because the jets haven’t been allocating all of their resources.

• Post of the Week 1

This will be a big year for Zach. It’s expected that he will have a better team to work with. Teams no longer are willing to struggle for years developing a  Qb they expect results early and are willing to go in a different direction. I’d say if Zach struggles in year two the Jets could go in a different direction like they did with Sam after year 3. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rangers9 said:

This will be a big year for Zach. It’s expected that he will have a better team to work with. Teams no longer are willing to struggle for years developing a  Qb they expect results early and are willing to go in a different direction. I’d say if Zach struggles in year two the Jets could go in a different direction like the did with Sam after year 3. 

Yup. Zach doesn't need to be amazing yet but he needs to show definitive improvement. His cutting down TO's and bad decisions to end the season showed that he can in fact learn, grow, and adapt to the speed of the game. However next year he must be head and shoulders better in comparison to his rookie year, as you should expect from a high pick QB.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Probably because he is under contract to the Eagles.

The market for QBs is high because a number of teams w/o a starting Qb. I could see a team like the Colts now being interested in him or even Seattle. Minshew played at Wash State and was a big deal for the time he played there. They got a load of picks and could bid high with a 2nd rounder for him. 

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Heres the cold harsh reality

Zach didnt show anything to prove hes a franchise QB

We are basically rolling the dice in season 2. I would of liked to see some competition brought in who can learn the system and possibly step in year 3 if Zach busts out. 

Such as?

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

We are basically rolling the dice in season 2. I would of liked to see some competition brought in who can learn the system and possibly step in year 3 if Zach busts out. 

There is absolutely no one out there like that. This training camp should be a competition between White and Wilson. Even if White is not the guy the competition should happen and nothing should be handed to Zach

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Incidentally, this is why they martyred Mike White the first opportunity they had.

Things have changed for me - I’d be thrilled if Mike White was the next Tom Brady.  You deal Zach for some picks and you roll.

White played exceptionally well in the short game.   Everything else was not good at all.  Watch the every throw videos if you don’t believe me and want to see if I’m crazy.  

That said, he’s a former baseball player so he’s gotta have an arm.  He could develop.  A little better and he’s a great backup.  A lot better on the longer throws and he’ll be a good starter.  

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

wha?!?  Are you one of those posters who can’t admit a single positive thing about Zach? 

He showed he can be a FQB.

He needs to improve to get there, but he showed some great attributes.  We watched different seasons lol.  

33 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Just stop ! They can't handle the truth

The “truth” 

30 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

There is absolutely no one out there like that. This training camp should be a competition between White and Wilson. Even if White is not the guy the competition should happen and nothing should be handed to Zach

White got his ass kicked by the rookie Wilson in camp last year and threw 5 TDs and 8 picks in the regular season.  This is Mike White homerism to call for an open competition to start.  If Wilson’s sucking and he’s doing well, start giving White some 1st team reps and go from there.  

Does anyone else feel like we’ve seen this show before? Iffy 2nd year guy about to get handed the job again while they overpay a sh*tty vet, the team has a ton of money to spend but likely isn’t gonna land any of the top guys, they’re selling the fanbase on this awesome draft they’re going to have, and Woody is off somewhere trying to buy a ******* soccer team. 

• Post of the Week 2

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Does anyone else feel like we’ve seen this show before? Iffy 2nd year guy about to get handed the job again while they overpay a sh*tty vet, the team has a ton of money to spend but likely isn’t gonna land any of the top guys, they’re selling the fanbase on this awesome draft they’re going to have, and Woody is off somewhere trying to buy a ******* soccer team. 

In some ways, it feels like the Jets brand is as bad as it’s ever been, and this wasn’t supposed to be the case when they hired Saleh—who was supposed to be some galvanizing star super-coach that everyone wanted to play for. 

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

In some ways, it feels like the Jets brand is as bad as it’s ever been, and this wasn’t supposed to be the case when they hired Saleh—who was supposed to be some galvanizing star super-coach that everyone wanted to play for. 

He was the same exact guy they’ve been hiring since Groh walked. The only thing left to do at this point is move the team into a Bed and Breakfast in Punxsutawney.  

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would anyone have their head this deep inside of MW for one game and a dream?  

It’s not like I think Mike White is or could be Tom Brady. The Mike White Problem for these Jets is that every Jets fan and seemingly every player in the Jets locker room wanted Mike White to start, and the Jets organization—in cowardly and embarrassing fashion—flagrantly kneecapped him to preserve Zach Wilson’s brittle feelings. The fact that Saleh—who is allegedly building a culture of accountability—stood in front of a microphone and said White was being benched because the Miami defense was just too gosh-darn tough for an inexperienced player, only to stick Zach Wilson out there against that defense a few weeks later, exposed Saleh as nothing more than an empty suit who was legitimately awful in Year One of his NFL career. No one is saying that Mike White was or is destined to be great; the issue is that the Jets handled the Mike White situation as poorly and pathetically as it could be handled, and that bodes poorly for this current sh*tty regime moving forward.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It’s not like I think Mike White is or could be Tom Brady. The Mike White Problem for these Jets is that every Jets fan and seemingly every player in the Jets locker room wanted Mike White to start, and the Jets organization—in cowardly and embarrassing fashion—flagrantly kneecapped him to preserve Zach Wilson’s brittle feelings. The fact that Saleh—who is allegedly building a culture of accountability—stood in front of a microphone and said White was being benched because the Miami defense was just too gosh-darn tough for an inexperienced player, only to stick Zach Wilson out there against that defense a few weeks later, exposed Saleh as nothing more than an empty suit who was legitimately awful in Year One of his NFL career. No one is saying that Mike White was or is destined to be great; the issue is that the Jets handled the Mike White situation as poorly and pathetically as it could be handled, and that bodes poorly for this current sh*tty regime moving forward.

You have no idea if a single player thought White was a starter or wanted him to start over Wilson.  They broke his balls, pumping him up and clowning but somehow you missed that.  They were laughing as they were chanting his name.  Just as you missed every WR praising the talents they see in ZWs game.  Every one on the OL.   
Zach Wilson plays over White because he’s more talented and makes throws that MW can only dream about.  And that’s with White having 4 more years of experience over Zach.  
No one handled MW poorly or pathetically.  He played a great game got other starts and either shlt the bed or got injured.  But you dream of Romo whoever.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Políticas.

• Upvote 1