Jets offensive line coach John Benton arrested for DUI in New Jersey

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yea, Britt Reid was just unfortunate that other vehicle got in his way. It was just a little mistake and ya know, well, you do stupid things when you're drunk. How sad he had to lose his job just because that other car happened to be in front of his when he driving full speed. So many people drive drunk and we shouldn't punish the poor souls who just happen to get caught. 

The article said he was pulled over for a motor vehicle  violation. That means he had a tail light out or something and the officer felt he was drunk after the stop. You people need to consider what losing your job means. Oh, I had a drink and figured I could drive home so he should be fired. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It isn’t hard to make the decision to not drink and drive, especially when you’re a coach or player for an NFL team.  My mother was almost killed by a drunk driver.  Literally the brink of death.  He’s not going to find any sympathy from me.

What happened to your mother is horrible and had he been involved to something similar,  I would agree he should be fired but you do realize he wasn't  pulled over for erratically driving, right. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Bronx said:

This is stupid as hell. How many people need to lose their lives to fking intoxicated ass holes?

This same dude said the woman that Watson flew out and assaulted are fatherless sex-workers who knew what they were getting into a few threads back.  He’s the lowest of the low.  Don’t bother.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh, I had a drink . 

Very subjective. 

His breath was probably reeking from alcohol or maybe the cop was a Patriots fan? This man was obviously intoxicated, but he is probably a savvy driver under the influence. The good thing is that he ran out of luck. 

I say F him!

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

What happened to your mother is horrible and had he been involved to something similar,  I would agree he should be fired but you do realize he wasn't  pulled over for erratically driving, right. 

I appreciate the words.

Regardless…he, apparently, blew high enough to score a DUI and that, in my eyes, makes him no different than the guy who got loaded enough to hit my mother head on at 75mph while driving on the wrong side of the road.  Drinking and driving is still drinking and driving.  Benton has access to all the resources in the world to not have to do something like that and he still chose to do so.

• Upvote 1

I imagine in most jobs, a private matter involving a DUI, wouldn’t affect someone’s employment, even if the employer found out about it.

Is it because of the public nature of an NFL job that makes people believe this private matter is a firing offence? Would the range of how far over the limit someone is make a difference?

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I appreciate the words.

Regardless, he apparently blew high enough to score a DUI and that, in my eyes, makes him no different than the guy who got loaded enough to hit my mother head on at 75mph while driving the opposite direction.  Drinking and driving is still drinking and driving.  Benton has access to all the resources in the world to not have to do something like that.

I hope Joe Douglas reads this to the entire team. Well said!

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, neweypie said:

I imagine in most jobs, a private matter involving a DUI, wouldn’t affect someone’s employment, even if the employer found out about it.

Is it because of the public nature of an NFL job that makes people believe this private matter is a firing offence? Would the range of how far over the limit someone is make a difference?

Coaches literally have morality clauses in their contracts. Teams provide them with free transportation to make sure they don't do this.. 

He's not working at McDonalds. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Coaches literally have morality clauses in their contracts. Teams provide them with free transportation to make sure they don't do this.. 

He's not working at McDonalds. 

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t realise they had morality clauses.

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This same dude said the woman that Watson flew out and assaulted are fatherless sex-workers who knew what they were getting into a few threads back.  He’s the lowest of the low.  Don’t bother.

It was impressive how quickly you were embarrassed by yer melting in the other thread and edited your post, but the continuation of it here is spectacular.

3 words I say at least 5 times a day- can’t fix stupid.

I would terminate him because it is a mistake he simply can’t make.

guy is probably 50 something and has to know better - no excuse.

by nature if his job he is a mentor to every player on that team. 

we crush players and rightfully so when they do it however. They have to see accountability of the action especially when it is a person of authority/education.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

It was impressive how quickly you were embarrassed by yer melting in the other thread and edited your post, but the continuation of it here is spectacular.

Buddy, I’m not melting down.  I’m just making sure the pathetic loser that says sh*t like this:

1E5BE27D-0CA6-49B4-BCDA-2E45F9EA82EA.jpeg.7332e3a039c7d5f41df0968dbcbed816.jpeg1FB8FE82-47CB-4D52-8E80-73A12D0DA01C.thumb.jpeg.220ee5414bab5305506249c0f9f31679.jpeg

…gets exposed because the last thread was locked before I could respond or edit these screenshots into my post.  You have to PAY woman on the internet to f*ck you.  What you think about anyone, or anything, is not on my mind very long.  Somehow, you being a loser who drinks and drives is the least shocking revelation here.  The only surprise is that you’ve skirted by the mods long enough to continuously post this trash.

• Upvote 3

Why? He didn't wreck, he didn't  kill anyone. People make mistakes. 
I agree w/ this he was lucky ... but there has to be accountability with some kind of punishment from the team for tarnishing its brand.

He is very lucky no injuries were involved.
  • Upvote 1

Buddy, I’m not melting down.  I’m just making sure the pathetic loser that says sh*t like this:
1E5BE27D-0CA6-49B4-BCDA-2E45F9EA82EA.jpeg.7332e3a039c7d5f41df0968dbcbed816.jpeg1FB8FE82-47CB-4D52-8E80-73A12D0DA01C.thumb.jpeg.220ee5414bab5305506249c0f9f31679.jpeg
…gets exposed because the last thread was locked before I could respond or edit these screenshots into my post.  You have to PAY woman on the internet to f*ck you.  What you think about anyone, or anything, is not on my mind very long.  Somehow, you being a loser who drinks and drives is the least shocking revelation here.  The only surprise is that you’ve skirted by the mods long enough to continuously post this trash.
I really think there is no place in a forum like this for this kind if ongoing discussion ... when I encounter hostility like this I just ignore it ... or respond pragmatically.

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I really think there is no place in a forum like this for this kind if ongoing discussion ... when I encounter hostility like this I just ignore it ... or respond pragmatically.

I don’t think there’s a place on this forum for calling massage therapists who are victims of sexual assault “fatherless sex workers” or defenses of drinking and driving like it’s no big deal, but here we are.  Unfortunately, I know victims of both offenses and I’ll be damned if I won’t speak up on their behalf.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

…gets exposed because the last thread was locked before I could respond.  You have to PAY woman on the internet to f*ck you, what you think about anyone or anything is not on my mind.

1)  that first post is completely factual.  It is silly to even dispute it.

2)  i dont pay for sex.  I pay so i dont have to pretend to care or waste time with the first couple dates.

3) what i say & think is completely embedded in yer mind.  Yer still completely melting, in a different thread, and showing ZERO self control, same as when you posted this:

2065103662_Screenshot_20220318-211232_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c962e1760ceec8e19c209731c38ab3ae.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:
16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I agree.  It is disturbing that person didnt get the hint that the thread was locked and just move on.  Now they are cluttering up a separate thread with nonsense.

I don’t think there’s a place on this forum for calling massage therapists who are victims of sexual assault “fatherless sex workers” or defenses of drinking and driving like it’s no big deal, but here we are.  Unfortunately, I know victims of both offenses and I’ll be damned if I won’t speak up on their behalf.
I guess .... for me its whether i want to give air to such obvious rediculous statements ... no question which side is more valid.
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

1)  that first post is completely factual.  It is silly to even dispute it.

2)  i dont pay for sex.  I pay so i dont have to pretend to care or waste time with the first couple dates.

3) what i say & think is completely embedded in yer mind.  Yer still completely melting, in a different thread, and showing ZERO self control, same as when you posted this:

2065103662_Screenshot_20220318-211232_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c962e1760ceec8e19c209731c38ab3ae.jpg

1.) you’re scum.

2.) whatever you tell yourself to keep the depression of being lonely and undesirable away.

3.) I slept pretty great last night actually.

4 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

I agree.  It is disturbing that person didnt get the hint that the thread was locked and just move on.  Now they are cluttering up a separate thread with nonsense.

I made my point responding to someone else about your sh*tty opinions on drinking and driving.  If you weren’t ashamed of it, you wouldn’t have cared enough to respond back, yet here we are.  Get bent.

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Amusing that you put words in quotes to justify your melt down that are in fact not a quote of mine.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.) you’re scum.

2.) whatever you tell yourself to keep the depression of being lonely and undesirable away.

3.) I slept pretty great last night actually.

I made my point responding to someone else about your sh*tty opinions on drinking and driving.  If you weren’t ashamed of it, you wouldn’t have cared enough to respond back, yet here we are.  Get bent.

LOL.

I am sorry that facts enrage you.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I guess .... for me its whether i want to give air to such obvious rediculous statements ... no question which side is more valid.

Fair.  At this point, I’ve said my piece and hopefully showed everyone the content of their character.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Amusing that you put words in quotes to justify your melt down that are in fact not a quote of mine.

5 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

LOL.

I am sorry that facts enrage you.

They are your words, and I made sure to screenshot all of the posts where you referred to Watson’s victims as fatherless sex workers instead of massage therapists so you can be exposed for being who you are.

Good luck winning enough scratch offs today, hungover in a corner store, so you can pay for your next lady of the night bud!