Jermaine Johnson to the Jets at 4 buzz

Matt39

11 hours ago, Grandy said:

Damien Woody is gushing over how much he loves JJ and thinks he has the best moves. Says we should all be excited if he's the pick at 4. 

On Twitter Spaces, Damien Woody was gushing about how the Jets spent a week with him at the senior bowl and he was the best player there. Mentioned a few times that getting to evaluate him during that process is a big factor 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 4/25/2022 at 4:29 PM, football guy said:

I think the decision will come down to Gardner or Ekwonu at #4, but what this tells us is that the Jets are expected to have Johnson rated higher than Thibodeaux on their final draft board. This isn't a huge shock to me. It's been rumored since the combine that Hutch, Walker, and Johnson would be ahead of Thibodeaux on their final draft board 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

On Twitter Spaces, Damien Woody was gushing about how the Jets spent a week with him at the senior bowl and he was the best player there. Mentioned a few times that getting to evaluate him during that process is a big factor 

The senior bowl is made up of what exactly? Seniors! Guys that weren't good enought to be drafted as juniors. These aren't elite talent always. Be careful falling in love at the senior bowl.

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

The senior bowl is made up of what exactly? Seniors! Guys that weren't good enought to be drafted as juniors. These aren't elite talent always. Be careful falling in love at the senior bowl.

Exactly!  This isn't the Snoopy Bowl we're talking about here.

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m now ready to weigh in on this… 

i think the Jets should not take JJ at 4 because he will be available around #26 if the the Jets are patient.  

You have any stock tips??? preferably before they jump 150%

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Its 2:06am and I am still trying to figure out how we got this kid in the 1st round along with Gardner and Wilson.  It was a magic trick that Joe Douglas pulled.

Even more amazing teams 15-25 turned down the trade offer and he still made it through.   

The only reason I didn’t want Sauce was because there would be “no way” to get a premium WR and EDGE as well.  

The team got way better tonight.   Lawson and JJ with 2 premium CBs and 2 good extra CBs is going to be a problem.  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Even more amazing teams 15-25 turned down the trade offer and he still made it through.   

The only reason I didn’t want Sauce was because there would be “no way” to get a premium WR and EDGE as well.  

The team got way better tonight.   Lawson and JJ with 2 premium CBs and 2 good extra CBs is going to be a problem.  

I agree.  I hated the Sauce pick at the time.  Not the player, I just didnt think corner was a position of need and taking a corner means we will miss out on a top wr and pass rusher.

After getting Wilson and Johnson, the Sauce pick is now a homerun.

Amazing how it all turned out.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I agree.  I hated the Sauce pick at the time.  Not the player, I just didnt think corner was a position of need and taking a corner means we will out on a top wr and pass rusher.

After getting Wilson and Johnson, the Sauce pick is now a homerun.

Amazing how it all turned out.

Same. I was unenthusiastic about Sauce, and then when Thibodeaux went one pick later to the Giants I went nuclear. Loved the Garrett Wilson pick and I can’t believe we got one of the top edge guys at 26. Home run indeed. 

• Upvote 2

My Giant fan neighbor was over.   He was ecstatic with their draft - for good reason.   

I expected JJ at 10, but was kind of happy but disappointed Garrett Wilson could have been the pick if they took Thibs at 4.

Hahahahahha.   I didn’t think the first round could go better for anyone than it did for the Giants.   What a day!  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Same. I was unenthusiastic about Sauce, and then when Thibodeaux went one pick later to the Giants I went nuclear. Loved the Garrett Wilson pick and I can’t believe we got one of the top edge guys at 26. Home run indeed. 

There is a reason Thibs wasnt even on the Jets board.  Frankly, he wasnt on a lot of teams boards.  There will be 0 regret looking back in a few years regarding thibs.  We got the pass rusher we had #1 on our board!

All through the draft build up I had wanted an Edge and a WR. Getting both of those AND a top talent at CB too is simply amazing. 

I must admit I'm not 100% sold on JJ but I'm sure I'll come round - he seems like a well rounded DE that will be able to stay on the field in all situations rather than a blow-your-socks-off DPR, but with the guys we now have up front (plus a bit of depth) we should have our front 4 impacting games a lot more in 2022.

Really curious now to see what we do in Round 2 ... Dean or Hall would be the cherry on top for me.

TY JD TY!!!

• Upvote 1