Why Ekwonu or Gardner makes the most sense at 4

That’s pretty much how I’m seeing it.
I’m getting more and more on board with taking Ekwonu and shipping away Becton. Then depending on what happens with Deebo, take your top WR or EDGE at #10.

why do you think drafting ekwonu means becton gets shipped out? we had three starting caliber ot’s to start last season and thank goodness we did - could see the same this year although i’d prefer gardner or thibs at 4 with a ot in later rounds

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Pass on Ickey. Prior to the Tomlinson signing I still didn’t like it, but at least he could start at guard. Now he won’t start anywhere. 

Trade becton because the sh*tty beat reporters cimini and Hughes told you he’s fat and lazy? Dude missed a season, big deal it happens all the time. 

Gimme KT at 4 and Stingley/London at 10

For the moment, our biggest needs line up with premium value positions.  Edge and WR.  I think those needs are greater than OT and CB at the moment but I'm open to debate on that depending on what the coaching staff actually knows and feels about Becton.  But since I do NOT have that knowledge, I have to trust their judgment.  If they plan to play Becton (and if he's healthy, I think he'll be a very good RT this year), then Edge and WR are the best fits and you would need to draft one of them at 4 and the other at 10.  

I've seen all sorts of comps for all of these players.  Picking two at random, if we draft Thibs - who I have seen upside comps to Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack - and London - who I've seen tons of comps but the ones I think best fit are Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, and maybe Keyshawn - that would be a stellar outcome.  Come out of this draft with an effective edge rusher and a solid WR1, and I honestly give no turds about whether we overdrafted one of them at 4 slightly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

For the moment, our biggest needs line up with premium value positions.  Edge and WR.  I think those needs are greater than OT and CB at the moment but I'm open to debate on that depending on what the coaching staff actually knows and feels about Becton.  But since I do NOT have that knowledge, I have to trust their judgment.  If they plan to play Becton (and if he's healthy, I think he'll be a very good RT this year), then Edge and WR are the best fits and you would need to draft one of them at 4 and the other at 10.  

I've seen all sorts of comps for all of these players.  Picking two at random, if we draft Thibs - who I have seen upside comps to Demarcus Ware and Khalil Mack - and London - who I've seen tons of comps but the ones I think best fit are Brandon Marshall, Keenan Allen, and maybe Keyshawn - that would be a stellar outcome.  Come out of this draft with an effective edge rusher and a solid WR1, and I honestly give no turds about whether we overdrafted one of them at 4 slightly.  

You are totally right. 10 for be is for Deebo but if the 9ers want more than I'm totally cool with WR in the 2nd or a trade back into the first. I do expect Johnson + Deebo but if we sit pat I want Sauce + Johnson

Love(d) everything about Gardner from his productivity, to his measurables, to his high level character on and off the field. I, along with many debated if we take Gardner at 4 what becomes of Bryce Hall especially after addressing CB need in FA? Then I listened to this recent YouTube of a former GM speak of how Gardner almost specifically player man to man at Cinn. Almost none in zone and other. Would you be willing to use the #4 pick on a player that you are unsure can play parts of what could be asked of him? Worth a listen.

https://youtu.be/jgqSb87tm8Q

Taking Sauce would.be the ultimate Jetsy move ... especially over Hutch.

He better a clone of Deion Sanders (5th) Darrelle Revis (14th), Richard Sherman (154), Ty Law (23rd), or Charles Woodson (4th).. else ... epic fail.

As you can see only Woodson was drafted that high.