Top 8

We know sauce was #1 on the board... And that they were all top 8.. So we know that if Wilson wasn't picked they next would have selected JJ meaning he was definitely 8... So who were the 2 top 10 not on their board... Stingley and London just interesting that they had the others above jj

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

We know sauce was #1 on the board... And that they were all top 8.. So we know that if Wilson wasn't picked they next would have selected JJ meaning he was definitely 8... So who were the 2 top 10 not on their board... Stingley and London just interesting that they had the others above jj

Seems like Sauce was #1, Ickey may have been #2.  Wilson was at least #7, possibly even higher on their board than that.  JJ was definitely #8 simply by way of how the math works and that he was the third player they took in the Round.

My guess is the Jets Board went Sauce, Ickey, Hutch, Thibodeux, Walker, Charles Cross, Wilson, J. Johnson.

I think they may have had guys with injury histories lower like Stingley.  And, they obviously had Garrett Wilson ahead of Jameson Williams on their Board even though most people would say that without the injury Williams was a clearcut Top 5 or Top 7 pick.

The guy I haven't mentioned in Evan Neal.  Just don't know where they had him in relation to Ickey and Cross.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

They wouldn’t really have picked Johnson if Wilson had gone to Atlanta.

If they would have it would have been incredibly stupid, as evidenced by Johnson’s fall. 

you have no idea if what you're saying is true.....many players have fallen who obviously shouldn't have

4 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i would guess thibodeaux could easily have been one of their top 8

Probably true.  I wonder what would have happened if the Giants didn't take him and he was there at #10.  KT vs. Wilson?   

22 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

you have no idea if what you're saying is true.....many players have fallen who obviously shouldn't have

He went 16 picks later.

If he’s the greatest player ever then it still wouldn’t have been value relative to what other teams were going to do. If we’d have wanted a reciever as I’m sure we did the good ones would have been gone. 

• Thumb Down 2

15 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Have they said Sauce was #1? 

i think it was more like this: 

1)Hutch - but knew he’d be gone 

2) Sauce 

3-7) G Wilson 

? JJ.  

40 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

@football guyreported sauce & Ekwonu were 2-3 on their board. Got to assume Hutchinson was 1, and that Walker & Neal were in that mix, too. Counting Wilson & Jones, that's 7 players, leaving one mystery

Combined with football guy speculation s best guess at the top 8: 

1) Hutch 

2) Sauce 

3) Icky 

4-7: Walker, Wilson, Neal, ? (Maybe Thibs) order unknown - 

8- JJ 

20) Hall 

Picks that went top 10 that were not top 8 to the Jets:

3)Stingly 

8- London

9) Cross

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He went 16 picks later.

If he’s the greatest player ever then it still wouldn’t have been value relative to what other teams were going to do. If we’d have wanted a reciever as I’m sure we did the good ones would have been gone. 

this is all easy to say in hindsight. no one knew what was going to happen until it happened. they were obviously high on him if they were so surprised to still see him at 15 that they tried trading up starting then

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Nah. You just joined the site last July. He's proven his bona fide and very clearly has access to valid info

I’ve been here for years.

He talks a good game, but imo is just repeating things that other pundits put out there. It’s not that hard to do.

Whatever, though… if it makes you feel better thinking he’s an insider with nothing better to do at draft time than post here,  believe what you want. 

20 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

@football guyreported sauce & Ekwonu were 2-3 on their board. Got to assume Hutchinson was 1, and that Walker & Neal were in that mix, too. Counting Wilson & Jones, that's 7 players, leaving one mystery

Yeah I don’t know the exact order but I will find out eventually. One thing I should point out: one of my sources either had it wrong or Saleh is lying re: Wilson being WR1. She did say we “loved” Drake London and when I followed up on FT suggested he probably be our WR1 when all is said and done 

F6436738-7957-4F52-9096-75CDA5397545.thumb.jpeg.a30c7b449136d6f782225e4cbb1a98ed.jpeg

I’m not sure Saleh is telling the whole truth when he said “if Wilson wasn’t there we were taking Johnson” because something doesn’t add up… by admitting they selected 3 players in their top 8, that would suggest one of them (likely Johnson) was 8th. 

I know Hutchinson-Gardner-Ekwonu was the top 3. We know Wilson and Johnson were among the top 8. Walker was in there. Then the final 2 spots had to be 2-of-3 among Stingley, London, Neal. 

My guess is that London was ahead of Johnson on their board and below Wilson

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He went 16 picks later.

Complete nonsense. And any NFL fan knows that.  You act like this is the first NFL draft you've ever watched. You are so consistently miserable here that it has become ridiculous.  Plus your arguments rarely make any sense anyway. 

• Post of the Week 1

20 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Combined with football guy speculation s best guess at the top 8: 

1) Hutch 

2) Sauce 

3) Icky 

4-7: Walker, Wilson, Neal, ? (Maybe Thibs) order unknown - 

8- JJ 

20) Hall 

Picks that went top 10 that were not top 8 to the Jets:

3)Stingly 

8- London

9) Cross

I think I read somewhere they had London ahead of Wilson

• Upvote 1

On 5/1/2022 at 9:10 AM, neckdemon said:

Yea but it doesn't matter who this fallen player is, it's going to be better if you spent a 26 on them instead of a 10 or something

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I think I read somewhere they had London ahead of Wilson

I'd be curious to know where, because it doesn't sound like that and Wilson fits their system and MO a lot better than London does. 

They have drafted 3 sub 4.4 WRs since Joe Douglas has been there. I think the London stuff was very likely smoke.