So, can we reopen the discussion about our Uniforms?

8 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Lol fair but you're talking to a lifelong comic book collector/dealer. Marvel has done a solid A- in bringing their properties to life since Blade. 

Avatar is just a Fern Gully ripoff with 3D.

Agreed, didn't like Avatar either. But it's the last movie I recall the world going insane over. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There were some good teams and a lot of talent that wore those 1980s era Unis....but going back to the classics in 1998 was the right move. 

Changing them for these USFL level rags is a crime. 

Thats a slanderous slur against the USFL.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

For years, I've been petitioning Max to finally agree to a Sartorialist Forum to no avail.  I mean, who on JN wouldn't appreciate guidance on cravats or sock garters?

I'd like to laugh at this, but I'm not sophisticated enough. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When the JETS were in the process of choosing a new uniform to replace their classic, perfect uniform for absolutely no reason, many of us expressed interest in going to a "Fighter Plane" type motif, maybe a Fighter Jet logo, or addition of gray/chrome accents or helmet.

Many people here (and presumably in the Jets FO) are clearly a bit high in estrogen and wailed against "militaristic" themes, and said Fighter Planes are "scary". 

Well, now that Top Gun is on its way to about a Billion dollars total, and is the biggest movie globally since Avatar, can we maybe reevaluate this and get a uniform and logo scheme that doesn't look like something a 3 year old drew? 

? 

military GIF

im willing to bet those people who think the "Militaristic themes" and that "fighter jets are scary didn't go watch the movie. it the guys like us who watched the first one who are responsible for the billion dollars. i bet the avg age going to see the movie is 40 and over and it wont even be close.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

im willing to bet those people who think the "Militaristic themes" and that "fighter jets are scary didn't go watch the movie. it the guys like us who watched the first one who are responsible for the billion dollars. i bet the avg age going to see the movie is 40 and over and it wont even be close.

? 

Humor Boomer GIF

15 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For years, I've been petitioning Max to finally agree to a Sartorialist Forum to no avail.  I mean, who on JN wouldn't appreciate guidance on cravats or sock garters?

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

NY Scientologists.

MOAR threads about clothes please

I think people who say they don't care about the uniform their "favorite team" wears aren't actually fans....

200.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When the JETS were in the process of choosing a new uniform to replace their classic, perfect uniform for absolutely no reason, 

I'm not a huge fan of the current uniforms, but it's not like there was absolutely no reason for a change.  Nike ruined the classic uniforms, by changing to multiple non-matching shades of an olive green color with sleeve seams that no longer lined up properly.  The early 2000's version of the uni were nice.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Agreed, didn't like Avatar either. But it's the last movie I recall the world going insane over. 

What no love for Fast and Furious franchise? Lol. 

Its absolutely amazing what they have been able to turn that into. It does very well globally. 

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

When the JETS were in the process of choosing a new uniform to replace their classic, perfect uniform for absolutely no reason, many of us expressed interest in going to a "Fighter Plane" type motif, maybe a Fighter Jet logo, or addition of gray/chrome accents or helmet.

Many people here (and presumably in the Jets FO) are clearly a bit high in estrogen and wailed against "militaristic" themes, and said Fighter Planes are "scary". 

Well, now that Top Gun is on its way to about a Billion dollars total, and is the biggest movie globally since Avatar, can we maybe reevaluate this and get a uniform and logo scheme that doesn't look like something a 3 year old drew? 

? 

military GIF

No, just no. Uniforms are fine.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1