So, can we reopen the discussion about our Uniforms?

On 5/31/2022 at 9:11 AM, Morrissey said:

FGSSdVxXoAEeyGx.jpg:large

xr4co41af6151.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

As another poster noted there seems to be a uniform thread every few months….and there’s a reason for that.  
That being said, this mock-up tends to make its way into all those new uniform threads….and there’s a reason for that too.

That jersey is excellent, I wonder though if the sleeve stripes might not translate though with the way many players wear their jerseys and pads.

1 hour ago, STLuLu said:

I feel you. They are all terrible no matter what combination the team wears so I guess we are both right.

I love the all blacks but I know Im in the minority. Im going to get a Sauce all black this year. First jersey that Ill buy with my own money (I had some as gifts but my philosophy has been to buy tshirts and other stuff instead)

• Upvote 1

The Jets Arena League uniforms are beyond embarrassing! I would NEVER buy the current jersey. Remember, the same guy who picked Adam Gase as the Jets Offensive Genuis, I mean coach was the one who helped with the uniform change. He listened to our future core players like like Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, Quincy Enunwa. Do you remember the poster that came out with the uniforms? All those stiffs are gone. Chris Johnson is a total F-ing idiot. The guy is clueless. Please Woody get us back into NFL uniforms!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

The only team with black in the jersey should be the Raiders .

Feel like black was the original base home jersey color for the Steelers, Saints, Falcons, Panthers, and Bengals. Ravens and Jaguars have done it for a while too and it’s absolutely a key part of both color schemes - helmets for both.

On 5/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, JTJet said:

Lol fair but you're talking to a lifelong comic book collector/dealer. Marvel has done a solid A- in bringing their properties to life since Blade. 

Avatar is just a Fern Gully ripoff with 3D.

the recent installments from winter soldier to dr strange three have all been underwhelming at best and mind-numbing more accurately. 

On 5/31/2022 at 9:30 AM, Morrissey said:

Use the Colts as a template. Blue to green, replace horse shoe logo with 80's logo and be done with it.

1363014820.jpg

andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts_3324906.j

image.png.c4f74630bc0bc2ca7bdaf493ddd2a74c.png

I have only been involved int he uniform threads on Jets nation for a decade or so, but i have most recently during the last exchange come to your conclusion. Literally it would be great to change blue to green. Im ok with not fighter jets logo but that would be a nice things to do. Spelling our name out as a logo is stupid. Get a dame logo. Make it a jet, very simple. Use grey. 

christ almight how they keep screwing it up is beyond me.

On 5/30/2022 at 4:10 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

They could wear actual, smeared dogsh*t as their uniforms, and as long as they won, I wouldn't care.

Threads about clothes are only popular because the product on the field is dogsh*t, and people think fun jerseys will help somehow.  

they would help. it would look like a decent uniform and not like snot wiped on players shoulders. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Seems they're not really for you.

I the Wanda stuff sucked really dumbed down her chart to just angry mom stuff....winter soldier was too woke for me...would have been better to stick to the original content I think. But def marvel fan. Guess they can't all be winners

17 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I have only been involved int he uniform threads on Jets nation for a decade or so, but i have most recently during the last exchange come to your conclusion. Literally it would be great to change blue to green. Im ok with not fighter jets logo but that would be a nice things to do. Spelling our name out as a logo is stupid. Get a dame logo. Make it a jet, very simple. Use grey. 

christ almight how they keep screwing it up is beyond me.

my opinion but 99% of all logos that include a jet/fighter jet are dopey. I think 80's logo did as good of a job as possible including it, and I personally have no issues with a wordmark logo.  Also not a fan of including grey (not a team color) in any logo.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Morrissey said:

my opinion but 99% of all logos that include a jet/fighter jet are dopey. I think 80's logo did as good of a job as possible including it, and I personally have no issues with a wordmark logo.  Also not a fan of including grey (not a team color) in any logo.

Morrissey not a fan of grey?

is it grey or gray? 

While not my favorite logo, I do like this mock-up.  I like the white helmet gray face mask combo.  I’d rather the classic look be brought back and done correctly but I wouldn’t be upset with something like this.

321F945D-582E-48DF-9B35-A41D0E0A424F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

On 5/31/2022 at 5:11 PM, bitonti said:

this is the correct answer

OP asks "Can we reopen the discussion?" 

the answer is NO 

Chris Johnson aka "the genius" made this call in 2019 or whatever and the league has a 5 year limit in between uniform changes

they could add an alt-uniform but the main uniforms cannot be changed more frequently than every 5 years

I know it was you Chris

you broke my heart

the godfather GIF

I think the 5 year ban on a change isnt a thing anymore

10 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I'm not a fan of the current uniforms, but would be fine if they just used the helmet in my avatar instead of the green ones. 

The new Redskins/Commies are a total disaster and Atlantas are too(luckily they have the sweet sweet throwbacks) but the Jets are in the bottom 5 terrible.

On 5/31/2022 at 8:59 PM, JTJet said:

Lmao

Alright, last one I'll share! So we stop bombarding the Jets board with sh*t they dont care about. 

Picked this bad boy up last week. 20220531_192908.thumb.jpg.60c1c9f3a6ce16ea66505cd88a524dbc.jpg

I own this one. Bought it was a kid in a garage sale, with about 200 other books, for $1.

image.png.9eb2522407a4c505cde3b87e4a798560.png

• Upvote 3

Jets announced the uniform change for 2019 in the summer of 2018. Assuming the five year rule is in place, an announcement that change to be effective for 2024 will happen could come out roughly a year from now. 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Got a few gems out if that milk crate. A ton of X-Men, GI Joe and Ghost Rider.

I had GI Joe #1 from 1982 or so. Read it so much, especially the design diagram of their base "The Pit", it fell apart. ? 

GI Joe, Star Wars and Sgt Rock were the only Comic Books I ever had or read.

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2022 at 3:15 PM, Beerfish said:

The Winnipeg Jets did a nice job with this for one of their jerseys.  They used the symbol for the royal Canadian air force and added a jet to it.

royal-canadian-air-force-military-rounde

Winnipeg-Jets-emblem.jpg

Thats terrifying!! The Fallujah Winnipeg Jets fan club all have PTSD now.

36 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I had GI Joe #1 from 1982 or so. Read it so much, especially the design diagram of their base "The Pit", it fell apart. ? 

GI Joe, Star Wars and Sgt Rock were the only Comic Books I ever had or read.

I read a lot, but my most loyal books were:

Uncanny X-Men

Spiderman

Amazing Spiderman

Punisher

Punisher War Journal

Wolverine 

Ghost Rider

Groo

GI Joe

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Integrity28 said: