Speculation from video by sicscore: Zach torn ACL

thshadow

3 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

yeah but it seemed like such an instinctual thing to try and halfheartedly juke a guy. That was about as routine as a play can get, no one is at fault for a knee randomly blowing out without being touched. 

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. You are the starting QB and you have to be very concsious about when you should expose yourself to injury. Its a preseason game and you should know better than to try to juke out a defender and risk taking a shot. Its just not worth it. 

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm curious if the coaches never thought that was a thing they had they tell him. How does he think not sliding in a pre-season game is even in the realm of possibility? 

Because the only reason to slide is there’s a hit coming?  Hard to tell football players in the first game, after a horrid 1st series to stop playing. 

Just now, maury77 said:

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you. You are the starting QB and you have to be very concsious about when you should expose yourself to injury. Its a preseason game and you should know better than to try to juke out a defender and risk taking a shot. Its just not worth it. 

totally, but it wasn't a hard cut nor was there much of a chance of him taking a straight on hit. I generally would prefer to err on the side of caution in preseason, but that wasn't too much more than something he would pull in practice. He should have slid but unless you want to sit him all preseason (which you can't, he desperately needs the reps) there's always a risk of a freak incident. 

Just typical Jets luck imo

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If the kid has to think twice about juking a defender then maybe he's not the guy.

36 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

If the kid has to think twice about juking a defender then maybe he's not the guy.

Maybe, but I don't feel like beating that drum tonight. I feel bad for the kid, his teammates and the fanbase in general. A lot of people were high on Wilson and felt good about him going into this season. I don't feel like dumping on them. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Maybe, but I don't feel like beating that drum tonight. I feel bad for the kid, his teammates and the fanbase in general. A lot of people were high on Wilson and felt good about him going into this season. I don't feel like dumping on them. 

Last season after the Saints game the coaching staff asked Wilson to fight for more yardage on his runs. I think the kid got excited to be back on the field and didn’t process that it’s preseason game 1 in that moment. 

I feel like awkward turf and tension injuries happen early in the year. It could be because players are exerting more force than have for months and because teams have set new grass or updated their turf fields.

• Upvote 1