<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

image.thumb.png.515409e12fe71d132f6642a81c54a538.png

Gentlemen; if you raise these issues, we need a visual aide. 

Recall she starred as Roy Scheider's wife in the mid-1970s in a movie called "52 Pickup". Basic idea, Scheider cheats on her, and is being blackmailed and the ensuing hijinks. But even then, wasn't very plausible, because what idiot would cheat on Ann Margret? 

• Post of the Week 4

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm not upset with him for running the stairs.  I'm just saying that, if we keep losing, it's going to turn into an embarrassing meme.

I got no problem with it.  Working out helps keep the mind firing better than if you don’t.

I do have problems with other things he does as a Coach.  Hopefully he learns from his mistakes.  Although these newbie HC’s have about the same “Win-Rate” as QBs drafted in the First Round, not good.  Just hope for the best, the odds are against him.

Just now, Bugg said:

Recall she starred as Roy Scheider's wife in the mid-1970s in a movie called "52 Pickup". Baisce idea, Scheider cheats on her, and is being blackmailed. But even then, wasn't very plausible, because what idiot would cheat on Ann Margret? 

Thank you.

just what the gameday thread needed.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Recall she starred as Roy Scheider's wife in the mid-1970s in a movie called "52 Pickup". Basic idea, Scheider cheats on her, and is being blackmailed and the ensuing hijinks. But even then, wasn't very plausible, because what idiot would cheat on Ann Margret? 

Ann Marg-Rock.  What a piece.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

So hard to get excited about watching the corpse of Flacco but if the Jets can just shut down the run and force Jacoby Brissett to win the game, they have a chance.  I know the Jets have all these sexy talented WR's but we need to see a ton of 12 personnel from Lil Mikey, get the TE's involved, keep them home to protect the corpse of Flacco and get them involved in the running game, taking on 2nd level defenders.

I just don't agree with this at all. Teams stack the box against the Jets and if you do 12 personnel you just allow the opposing defense to have another run stuffer in the lineup and formations are very limited in 12.  Green Bay can run a lot of 12 because they fear the QB. Until we can get 8 or 9 out of the box, going run heavy 12 is just leading to a ton of 3 and outs. Come out in 11 and force the other team to play nickel and be balanced on 1st down and take some shots downfield. Once they get out of stuffing the box you can run more.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is THE game of Robert Saleh’s career. Both the national and local media are ready to kick the living sh*t out of him over the “receipts” callout, and if he gets blown out by Jacoby Brissett, he is going to get mercilessly clowned from coast to coast, and Woody is going to hear all of it. He has zero excuses—he hand-picked the QB, he got all of the pieces he wanted on defense, and they have enough pieces on offense to win some games, yet he’s a 6.5-point dog going into this game. Unacceptable. If they get smacked around this week, they’ll get crushed next week at home vs the Bengals in Zach’s return, and Saleh is going to hit #1 with a bullet on every “coaches on the hot seat” graphic. This dude is on a downward spiral with no one to blame but himself. Stay off the stairs and win a game, Bob. 

Saleh's hand picked QB

image.thumb.png.99fe321820f58dce65bbea21e11fe90e.png

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Beauty only matched by her talent.  She could mesmerize anyone, including Elvis.  

e80720d16a671e7ce0348d3f2bc8df1790d86a9b

56e7eb1e23691d58449e35b5998407d8.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I just don't agree with this at all. Teams stack the box against the Jets and if you do 12 personnel you just allow the opposing defense to have another run stuffer in the lineup and formations are very limited in 12.  Green Bay can run a lot of 12 because they fear the QB. Until we can get 8 or 9 out of the box, going run heavy 12 is just leading to a ton of 3 and outs. Come out in 11 and force the other team to play nickel and be balanced on 1st down and take some shots downfield. Once they get out of stuffing the box you can run more.

Nobody is scared of Joe Flacco.  This strategy is suicide. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

Id love to see what our pass rush could do if we have a lead in this game

Have the Jets ever taken a lead to start a game during mr positives coaching career? I don’t think I ever remember them starting out playing well last year at all.