<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Couple of things. 

This is the opposite of the Ravens in some ways. Brisset  is the polar opposite  of Jackson. He isn't a threat to run and the WR's aren't starting on anyone's fantasy team ( I actually benched Cooper this week not because he playing us, because he sucked last week). This will allow us to play man in the secondary and drop the S's. This is a show me game for the LB's. The Browns are going to run it all day. 

On O. I hope to God Flacco was practicing  2 step drops and throw. Garrett  gets back there so fast the QB has so little time. One thing I noticed is the Browns don't  crowd the line, they take wide angles. This allows TEs and Slot receivers to be open on short crosses. The trick is getting the pass off before the pressure gets there. If Flacco holds the ball waiting for a reciever to get open down field, it is going to be a long day. 

Need to get breece hall more carries this week.  If the jets are going to be successful on the ground, they need to attack the middle of this defense.

Also, look for corey davis to have a big day.  He was fantastic last week snd provides a big target for Flaccid.  He should have 100 yards receiving today.

Im not expected a Flaccid led team to win, but any given Sunday….

Go Jets!!!

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

We’re on the same page here.

I said 31-10 earlier this week. I don’t see us putting up 17 too often this year, and the Browns D is better than most.

Meh,  I think we'll be alright putting up points.  I think it's just a matter of the O gel'ing.

I was Ravens last week... this week I think 24 - 16 ... J E T S

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Need to get breece hall more carries this week.  If the jets are going to be successful on the ground, they need to attack the middle of this defense.

Also, look for corey davis to have a big day.  He was fantastic last week snd provides a big target for Flaccid.  He should have 100 yards receiving today.

Go Jets!!!

I was interested  in your analysis  until I read Flaccid. We understand you like Zach better. I think we all do but Flacco is our QB and you should be supporting  him, not acting like a Browns fan. 

35 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Couple of things. 

This is the opposite of the Ravens in some ways. Brisset  is the polar opposite  of Jackson. He isn't a threat to run and the WR's aren't starting on anyone's fantasy team ( I actually benched Cooper this week not because he playing us, because he sucked last week). This will allow us to play man in the secondary and drop the S's. This is a show me game for the LB's. The Browns are going to run it all day. 

On O. I hope to God Flacco was practicing  2 step drops and throw. Garrett  gets back there so fast the QB has so little time. One thing I noticed is the Browns don't  crowd the line, they take wide angles. This allows TEs and Slot receivers to be open on short crosses. The trick is getting the pass off before the pressure gets there. If Flacco holds the ball waiting for a reciever to get open down field, it is going to be a long day. 

33 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

not to mention their criminal misuse of Mike White

It certainly seems like it’s the perfect game fir Mike White.

1. Quick drop

2. Quick pass

3. Profit 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Go Jets!!!

I agree with breece hall.

he is +430 anytime td so I am going there.

don’t trust Davis.

mims is no even listed as an option so I guess we don’t have to wait for the inActive list

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If/when Joe Flacco goes out there and stinks today, remember that the only reason Joe Flacco is playing is because the organization is consciously choosing to hide Zach Wilson away from a tough defense.

So your theory is the jets are hiding Zach Wilson from the browns defense only to bring him back in Pittsburgh? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If/when Joe Flacco goes out there and stinks today, remember that the only reason Joe Flacco is playing is because the organization is consciously choosing to hide Zach Wilson away from a tough defense.

It's truly undefendable but then again, I'm positive we see Mike White today.  This just screams like a game where the corpse of Flacco waves the white flag and suddenly feels pain in his throwing shoulder. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This was a very 'winable' game with a healthy roster. With Flacco starting and Whitehead probably out I'm a lot more concerned. Especially with how bad Flacco looked last week. 

Luckily this is a Browns team without Watson. 

We should be looking at a low scoring game EARLY on. Both teams will try to establish the run, with limited success. Both defenses will be on high alert early on. But I just don't have ANY faith in Flacco to make plays to move the chains and put points on the board which will eventually be necessary to win this game. 

As much as I want the Jets to win this game, as much as I think they need to win this game...I just think we will see a repeat of last week. The defense will play solid early, Flacco will lay an egg, and eventually the defense will break down. 

Jets- 13

Browns- 24

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I just get the feeling our coaches are not that good. Look at just the Garret situation. They basically said well we wanted to use the TE sets to attack the ravens D.

Well excuse me for wanting to see the number 10 pick have more than 6 or 7 snaps. It just doesn't make sense you took a whole game to just get one TD from a Te in garbat time. You have the game run through flacco athletic ism. It's just silly. 

No self awareness to see A the plan sucked, b wasn't working and C that in spite of your efforts as a coaching staff preventing your best player from having a lions share of participation while the offense struggled, a few players talent was shining brighter than the sun. Garret looked amazing, Carter was running great in space. But you would not commit to the run game to set up the pass. It was just more silly gimmicky plays and flacco throwing the to run in unscripted dump passes hoping to to get knocked down.

Every game Saleh has shown no ability to coach this team effectively. I like the guy but it's just pathetic. We should stomp the browns. They are a worse team but better run? God did I say that. And the worse part is we literally just have to do common sense plays and game plan of get ball to most talented players to win. That is basically the most basic of coaching and here we got Saleh ignoring or ignorant of it.

I mean he is the guy in charge what do you mean you have to come up with a. Way to get your stud the ball? Why the f is that not already part of your game plan? Why the f is flacco your starting QB over Mike white? Why the f are we not ground and point to take some pressure off the QB . It's just crazy.

Look the ravens were not that much better and a decent coach would have made us at least competitive. We were not competitive week 1 and I am worried we are going to see the same thing here in week 2. A coach lying to himself like gsse did to rationalize what happened is the worst and it seems that is exactly what saleh thinks. He was proud of week one? They looked like trash all game. 

Oh but the def played good? Did they? You mean for like a quarter or two? Cause we got our asses handed to us. Anyway rant over but we better have a fing game plan today.

Need to worry about Garrett . TE sets, even 2 TEs, make a lot of sense. Not someone who believes in "establishing the run", but against an agressive pass rush facing the statutesque Joe Flacco, you need to make Garrett less of a factor by running alot . 

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Rich conveniently left out the fact that we are 2-2 in those 4 games.  I wish I was more confident that we would make it 3-2 today, but no matter how much I want to believe we will win, the SOJ in me needs to see us perform well on the field before I will believe that we can,

Go Jets?!?!?!

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Rich conveniently left out the fact that we are 2-2 in those 4 games.  I wish I was more confident that we would make it 3-2 today, but no matter how much I want to believe we will win, the SOJ in me needs to see us perform well on the field before I will believe that we can,

Go Jets?!?!?!

I feel the same way. It feels like we should be able to win this game in an ugly fashion, but at the same time, I think the prevailing characteristic of the Saleh Jets is that they lack confidence going into every game and seems legitimately surprised when they’re doing well. 

• Upvote 1

Young players keep getting better.  get on the same page and get some timing down.  

OLine Play today - at least the interior needs to show up  

Sauce against Cooper today please.  More sacks and play a good game on D longer regardless of what the offense does.

Anything can happen week to week. Show up and show out Jets! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

To recap; QBs have played with deep bruises, and Rothliseberger played half a season with a fully-torn mensicus. This  injury with have Wilson effecitvley out for 2 months. When does the Jets' front office and coaching staff rip off the band aid? Either throw Tiny Wilson into the deep end of the pool and see if he can swim. Because as the Giants are doing with Jones, there are some serious contract and cap issues that come due going forward with a 1st round pick QB. If he sucks, cut bait sooner, not later. If he can't play, there's no point to all this nonsense. This whole dance of pretending this guy is an NFL QB cannot go on indefinitely. Right now looks like a major draft cockup, again. 

Just one game, but thought Daboll reading Jones the riot act midgame is well over due here. Somebody needs to ask this kid, roughly, what the f___ are you doing here? Because doesn't look like this kid bleeds for it. If he wants to go back to Utah and do media work for BYU games and bang MILFs rather than do the hard work of a starting NFL QB, then be gone and soon. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I hate the person that this franchise has turned me into on Sundays, and after the last several months I don’t think there is a lower organization in sports than the Browns.

And yet, I’ll watch today. I kinda suck huh. 

Not really.

there are tens of thousands just like you - including me

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel the same way. It feels like we should be able to win this game in an ugly fashion, but at the same time, I think the prevailing characteristic of the Saleh Jets is that they lack confidence, quarterback play, offensive line, healthy players, accountability, and good uniforms going into every game and seems legitimately surprised when they’re doing well. 

I edited this section for accuracy. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Fair - still don’t buy the opponent theory. Saleh mentioned Pitt before watt got hurt.  Saleh’s word is meaningless, but hard to see why he wouldn’t mention an easier opponent if that were the main concern 

Saleh’s word On injuries is worthless, but the videos coming out of practice this week are pretty damning for anyone that wants to maintain that Zach Wilson is hurt right now. The Jets have botched this from the start, and it’s going to make the kid look like a mush.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Bugg said:

To recap; QBs have played with deep bruises, and Rothliseberger played half a season with a fully-torn mensicus. This  injury with have Wilson effecitvley out for 2 months. When does the Jets' front office and coaching staff rip off the band aid? Either throw Tiny Wilson into the deep end of the pool and see if he can swim. Because as the Giants are doing with Jones, there are some serious contract and cap issues that come due going forward with a 1st round pick QB. If he sucks, cut bait sooner, not later. If he can't play, there's no point to all this nonsense. This whole dance of pretending this guy is an NFL QB cannot go on indefinitely. Right now looks like a major draft cockup, again. 

Just one game, but thought Daboll reading Jones the riot act midgame is well over due here. Somebody needs to ask this kid, roughly, what the f___ are you doing here? Because doesn't look like this kid bleeds for it. If he wants to go back to Utah and do media work for BYU games and bang MILFs rather than do the hard work of a starting NFL QB, then be gone and soon. 

The only explanation is that the kid is being managed and protected from on high by his management team and Saleh—very publicly—ran Zack through the paces this week in practice so everyone sees that Wilson is a healthy scratch.

• Upvote 3