<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

If this former DC now NYJHC has 1/2 a brain, he’ll call this game like his predecessors: Herm, Mangini, Bowles, expect a HEAVY dose of Hall & Carter and forcing the run game to grind out an ugly win and to reward his defense and keep them rested. Will LaFleur capitulate and not go pass happy again? Will Saleh have the balls to override him and force his OC to stick to the run game?

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

If this former DC now NYJHC has 1/2 a brain, he’ll call this game like his predecessors: Herm, Mangini, Bowles, expect a HEAVY dose of Hall & Carter and forcing the run game to grind out an ugly win and to reward his defense and keep them rested. Will LaFleur capitulate and not go pass happy again? Will Saleh have the balls to override him and force his OC to stick to the run game?

Two problems.
1. The Browns like to run the ball, and they do it better than we do. 

2. They have a better defense also. If we fall behind, it’s over.

If we were home, I’d give us a slight chance to cover the spread. On the road? This one is going to get ugly.

• Upvote 1

I just get the feeling our coaches are not that good. Look at just the Garret situation. They basically said well we wanted to use the TE sets to attack the ravens D.

Well excuse me for wanting to see the number 10 pick have more than 6 or 7 snaps. It just doesn't make sense you took a whole game to just get one TD from a Te in garbat time. You have the game run through flacco athletic ism. It's just silly. 

No self awareness to see A the plan sucked, b wasn't working and C that in spite of your efforts as a coaching staff preventing your best player from having a lions share of participation while the offense struggled, a few players talent was shining brighter than the sun. Garret looked amazing, Carter was running great in space. But you would not commit to the run game to set up the pass. It was just more silly gimmicky plays and flacco throwing the to run in unscripted dump passes hoping to to get knocked down.

Every game Saleh has shown no ability to coach this team effectively. I like the guy but it's just pathetic. We should stomp the browns. They are a worse team but better run? God did I say that. And the worse part is we literally just have to do common sense plays and game plan of get ball to most talented players to win. That is basically the most basic of coaching and here we got Saleh ignoring or ignorant of it.

I mean he is the guy in charge what do you mean you have to come up with a. Way to get your stud the ball? Why the f is that not already part of your game plan? Why the f is flacco your starting QB over Mike white? Why the f are we not ground and point to take some pressure off the QB . It's just crazy.

Look the ravens were not that much better and a decent coach would have made us at least competitive. We were not competitive week 1 and I am worried we are going to see the same thing here in week 2. A coach lying to himself like gsse did to rationalize what happened is the worst and it seems that is exactly what saleh thinks. He was proud of week one? They looked like trash all game. 

Oh but the def played good? Did they? You mean for like a quarter or two? Cause we got our asses handed to us. Anyway rant over but we better have a fing game plan today.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I just get the feeling our coaches are not that good. Look at just the Garret situation. They basically said well we wanted to use the TE sets to attack the ravens D.

Well excuse me for wanting to see the number 10 pick have more than 6 or 7 snaps. It just doesn't make sense you took a whole game to just get one TD from a Te in garbat time. You have the game run through flacco athletic ism. It's just silly. 

No self awareness to see A the plan sucked, b wasn't working and C that in spite of your efforts as a coaching staff preventing your best player from having a lions share of participation while the offense struggled, a few players talent was shining brighter than the sun. Garret looked amazing, Carter was running great in space. But you would not commit to the run game to set up the pass. It was just more silly gimmicky plays and flacco throwing the to run in unscripted dump passes hoping to to get knocked down.

Every game Saleh has shown no ability to coach this team effectively. I like the guy but it's just pathetic. We should stomp the browns. They are a worse team but better run? God did I say that. And the worse part is we literally just have to do common sense plays and game plan of get ball to most talented players to win. That is basically the most basic of coaching and here we got Saleh ignoring or ignorant of it.

I mean he is the guy in charge what do you mean you have to come up with a. Way to get your stud the ball? Why the f is that not already part of your game plan? Why the f is flacco your starting QB over Mike white? Why the f are we not ground and point to take some pressure off the QB . It's just crazy.

Look the ravens were not that much better and a decent coach would have made us at least competitive. We were not competitive week 1 and I am worried we are going to see the same thing here in week 2. A coach lying to himself like gsse did to rationalize what happened is the worst and it seems that is exactly what saleh thinks. He was proud of week one? They looked like trash all game. 

Oh but the def played good? Did they? You mean for like a quarter or two? Cause we got our asses handed to us. Anyway rant over but we better have a fing game plan today.

Well, other than all that, Mrs. Lincoln…..how was the play?

• Haha 1

LaFluer just run the dam ball right at Myles Garrett and don’t let up  no stupid gimmicky plays after you just ripped off 15 yard run which is what you constantly seem to do Get into a flow with the rush and Keep pounding that rock all dam game. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The #1 problem is Lafail and Saleh share the blamed for keeping him

Honestly truly in my heart of hearts feel like we basically lost our offensive HC when Mr,. Knapp died. You cannot convince me that things wouldn’t be drastically different with a legend like that on the offensive side of things. Instead we have lefail who is inexperienced and not very sharp. There is a reason Shanahan made McDaniel the OC…

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Want this

^^^ Will settle for this 

Positive vibes bruh!! Coach saleh will be floating out of the locker room with butterflies coming out of his ass. It’s the season of love and he’s the love doctor.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

So hard to get excited about watching the corpse of Flacco but if the Jets can just shut down the run and force Jacoby Brissett to win the game, they have a chance.  I know the Jets have all these sexy talented WR's but we need to see a ton of 12 personnel from Lil Mikey, get the TE's involved, keep them home to protect the corpse of Flacco and get them involved in the running game, taking on 2nd level defenders.

Winning is more important than being positive. To me anyways. So as long as we win I don’t give a sh*t if you’re positive or not.

lgj -~~~ stubbornly cautious low key jets chant (trying very hard to be positive, but not in denial like our beloved head coach)

• Upvote 2

Just now, JiFapono said:

So hard to get excited about watching the corpse of Flacco but if the Jets can just shut down the run and force Jacoby Brissett to win the game, they have a chance.  I know the Jets have all these sexy talented WR's but we need to see a ton of 12 personnel from Lil Mikey, get the TE's involved, keep them home to protect the corpse of Flacco and get them involved in the running game, taking on 2nd level defenders.

Dude, you’re being negative. Max may give you an infraction for that or a thumbs down. 

• Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

This is THE game of Robert Saleh’s career. Both the national and local media are ready to kick the living sh*t out of him over the “receipts” callout, and if he gets blown out by Jacoby Brissett, he is going to get mercilessly clowned from coast to coast, and Woody is going to hear all of it. He has zero excuses—he hand-picked the QB, he got all of the pieces he wanted on defense, and they have enough pieces on offense to win some games, yet he’s a 6.5-point dog going into this game. Unacceptable. If they get smacked around this week, they’ll get crushed next week at home vs the Bengals in Zach’s return, and Saleh is going to hit #1 with a bullet on every “coaches on the hot seat” graphic. This dude is on a downward spiral with no one to blame but himself. Stay off the stairs and win a game, Bob. 

Tom, you are on your game! 

why is saleh telling the media about his stupid tactics? Shouldn’t it stay in house?  The last jets coach that did that was Herm Edwards.

btw this is a negative post

• Haha 2