<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, CSNY said:

Spoken like a man that lives in the basement of his parents house 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.  Ask the long-time married men here what happens when you try to "control" a woman. 

Pick your battles?  Absolutely.  Women don't want a weak b*tch.  But control?  Nah.  That's not how any of this will ever work, ever.   

Not taking advice from obvious beta-boys thx

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, JTJet said:

I want a Jets team to play a solid game and THEN win. 

I dont want some fluke of a game handed to us in the last 2 minutes after we played terrible for 58 minutes. 

I want sustained success. Not the occasional win against a team here or there. 

That isnt much. 

Jeez man. You’re usually one of the smart ones here.

Nobody is saying this win makes Saleh a great coach, or that the Jets have turned anything around because it happened, but….

It’s a great win. Everyone is happy. Why do you feel the need to be the wet blanket on a day like this? 

6 hours ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Your argument is valid, but I believe Q will only get better with time and has Wareen Sapp disruption potential. I could be wrong just as I could be right. Time will tell. The ticking clock is whether to pay him based on what “may come” (see Leonard Williams). If Saleh’s scheme is more system than talent, then I could understand the argument in not investing heavily in that position. 

im sorry you're still out of it. Q might have the numbers of Sapp's first 3 years at the end of this year. 

Q does not deserve the money he is going to try to get. I can get a big guy that can get 6 sacks a year in the draft for less than 100 mil

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Jeez man. You’re usually one of the smart ones here.

Nobody is saying this win makes Saleh a great coach, or that the Jets have turned anything around because it happened, but….

It’s a great win. Everyone is happy. Why do you feel the need to be the wet blanket on a day like this? 

It's like people have selective amnesia. 

This is the EXACT sentiment the forum had after the Bengals game last year, lots of the same posts, and we went 2-8 after that game. 

Theres plenty of people saying Saleh is a great coach, and that a corner has been turned, etc. FFS theres an entire thread dedicated to Max Mitchell who by most measures was mediocre.

Unfortunately the reality is that we won the game not because of our great coaching, but because of the other team's poor coaching in the last 2 minutes. I truly think there is a huge difference there. 

It's not being a wet blanket, its living on planet Earth and not floating in green clouds. The Jets do this stuff to us every year. 

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This is the EXACT sentiment the forum had after the Bengals game last year, lots of the same posts, and we went 2-8 after that game. 

Theres plenty of people saying Saleh is a great coach, and that a corner has been turned, etc. FFS theres an entire thread dedicated to Max Mitchell who by most measures was mediocre.

Unfortunately the reality is that we won the game not because of our great coaching, but because of the other team's poor coaching in the last 2 minutes. I truly think there is a huge difference there. 

It's not being a wet blanket, its living on planet Earth and not floating in green clouds. The Jets do this stuff to us every year. 

If someone were to ask me how I feel about the Jets tonight, I’d probably give the same answer you just did, almost word for word.

That said, today’s was one of those rare (especially for this team) wins where you just shake your head, and thank the football gods for throwing you a bone.

We’re going to wake up tomorrow and remember “yeah, we suck”, but at least we got to smile this afternoon.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If someone were to ask me how I feel about the Jets tonight, I’d probably give the same answer you just did, almost word for word.

That said, today’s was one of those rare (especially for this team) wins where you just shake your head, and thank the football gods for throwing you a bone.

We’re going to wake up tomorrow and remember “yeah, we suck”, but at least we got to smile this afternoon.

I understand that and yeah I dont relish raining on peoples parade contrary to what some on here want to believe. 

Typically I aire on the side of positivity but just slightly. I stick with every single game until the broadcast ends and I'm in the game thread until the end.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Absolutely no one is newly convinced Saleh is a great coach based on this game, regardless of your strawman.  Rather, your day-long droning otherwise started because it blew up in your face when you prematurely celebrated how impressed you were with yourself for saying the Jets suck again, as if that's not the furthest thing in the world from a hot take when it comes to this team.

Will the Jets still continue to suck going forward?  Yeah, the odds are quite high, so it surely won't take too long for that to return as the most popular topic of conversation about the Jets.  You just clearly had to piss in everyone else's cheerios solely because you were being petulant that your attempted told-you-so moment didn't work out.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Stark said:

im sorry you're still out of it. Q might have the numbers of Sapp's first 3 years at the end of this year. 

Q does not deserve the money he is going to try to get. I can get a big guy that can get 6 sacks a year in the draft for less than 100 mil

QW....The last of Macc's lost souls.

10 hours ago, JTJet said:

This is not that team.  We have had an infusion of talent from the draft and FA and last years rookies are now seasoned.  Flacco was not on the team at this time last year.

And fwiw you are being a wet blanket.   This is a step in the right direction and will give the team confidence.   Stadium will be wild next Sunday!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bowles Movement said:

This is not that team.  We have had an infusion of talent from the draft and FA and last years rookies are now seasoned.  Flacco was not on the team at this time last year.

And fwiw you are being a wet blanket.   This is a step in the right direction and will give the team confidence.   Stadium will be wild next Sunday!!

Agreed.  We were 1-5 last year when we beat the Bengals.  Season was pretty much out of hand.  This was not some meaningless mid or late season win in an otherwise lost season.  We are 1-1 now.  Find a way to split the next two and this could shape up as a much different season than the past few.

Also, there is so much one sided hate for Saleh.  It is okay to not like him as a head coach, but still give him credit for making moves to help the team win.  WIthout the fake punt in the second quarter, we don't score that first TD to tie the game.  Without the 57-yard FG to tie it early Q4, there is no last minute heroics.  WIthout a team playing a full 60 minutes, we don't come back.  

I get some of the skepticism.  A lot went wrong in that game.  Especially the first 13 minutes of the 4th quarter.  But the Browns made enough mistakes to open the door for us and we made plays to win.  Last week was the opposite.  We were the team to make the mistakes and the Ravens capitalized. 

We may have been outplayed most of the 4th quarter, but there are no bad wins in the NFL.  Yesterday was a great day.  I had a blast watching the Jets, which has not happened in a while.

• Sympathy 1