<<<<<<< Jets vs Browns -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Again, Salad isnt even a .500 coach. 

Come back when/if we get to that point. 

This will not happen, but if the Jets go 10-7 this year, would that be a good season? 

That brings Saleh's W-L to 14-20... If the Jets go 12-5 this year, Saleh still have a sub .500 record. Getting caught up in overall W/L is pointless. Going through a rebuild tanks your record, and it makes it very difficult to climb out.

Belichick is a sub 0.500 coach without Brady.

I think I get what you're saying: Saleh hasn't 'earned' anything yet, but I don't think you're looking at the right metrics.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, xJayce said:

This will not happen, but if the Jets go 10-7 this year, would that be a good season? 

That brings Saleh's W-L to 14-20... If the Jets go 12-5 this year, Saleh still have a sub .500 record. Getting caught up in overall W/L is pointless. Going through a rebuild tanks your record, and it makes it very difficult to climb out.

Belichick is a sub 0.500 coach without Brady.

I think I get what you're saying: Saleh hasn't 'earned' anything yet, but I don't think you're looking at the right metrics.

But the old adage rings true. 

You are what your record says you are. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, McNeil said:

I understand the emotion, but Saleh celebrating kind of makes me sick. That was 1/500k good fortune.

so if he is stoic we complain, but when he celebrates? It was an amazing and very lucky win, but they pulled it out; yes the Browns lost in a Jetsy way, but people were going - meaningless stats, and he sucks - this team had more then their fair share of problems and mistakes, but they never quit, hung in there, and took the win - now we want to knock him for celebrating an unbelievable win? I guarantee Bowles and Gase would have found a way to lose today. There is a brand new fire Saleh thread - if Pats won this way you all would be calling BB a genius who never quits.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, ausman said:

Worst decision — maybe second worst — of my 57 years watching the Jets.  Heidi Bowl (not my fault) and now this.  I switched to the Mets after Browns last score.  Luckily I recorded it so watching it now.

Listened to it on XM… Marty Lyons  left the booth after the score and had to run back.   GO JETS!!!!!

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

But the old adage rings true. 

You are what your record says you are. 

Agreed, that's what the adage says. I'm just not sure how true that is today with tanking and rebuilds... I would take a 1-16 season if it buys us 3 11-6 seasons, but that's still a 0.500 record (34-34). :) 

• Upvote 1

Well that was fun!

I'm not entirely sure what this says about our football team (that we were basically being shellacked before the Browns did their Brown thing), but I will definitely take the gift and the W.

That was a pretty critical W too!  The schedule doesn't get easier or awhile.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You're putting words in my mouth. 

I never said I didnt enjoy it. I'm just being realistic about the totality of the last 2 years and not caught up in 1 week. 

Isn’t right after big win sorta the right time to get caught up in that one week?

We’ll have bigger picture threads all week.

• Upvote 1

i almost can't believe they won.  it was almost on the same level as the monday night miracle.  i tivoed the game and was watching it when a friend texted me about the win.  at the time the jets were down by a score and then when cleveland scored that last td i figured my friend was pulling my leg.  then flacco goes three and out with about 3 minutes left and i'm thinking wtf.  amazing that they scored the td with about minute left and then recovered the onside kick scored again to go up by one with 20 seconds left.

i will tell anyone listening that the wilson to wilson connection is going to be great.  throw in some wilson to moore, carter , hall or the te's and this team is going to be good.  the oline played much better and flacco got rid of the ball quickly.  the defense seemed to take a step back but the corners played well.  sauce is real.

Like many of you, I stopped watching after the Chubb TD and I fast forwarded (I was watching the game on delay) and I had to do a triple take to make sure I was seeing the right score, lol. 

This reminded me of all those late game wins the Jets had in 2010. I have no idea what this means for the future, but i was happy to see Garrett, Carter & Hall have nice games today (Sauce has had better games). Probably the most enjoyable game for me since at least the end of 2018. 

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Going to be real here: get control of your bitch now or it’ll only get worse. Women are Putin. Your ass is Western Europe, but hairy. 

lmao.  Ask the long-time married men here what happens when you try to "control" a woman. 

Pick your battles?  Absolutely.  Women don't want a weak b*tch.  But control?  Nah.  That's not how any of this will ever work, ever.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lmao.  Ask the long-time married men here what happens when you try to "control" a woman. 

Pick your battles?  Absolutely.  Women don't want a weak b*tch.  But control?  Nah.  That's not how any of this will ever work, ever.   

AMEN BRUDDAH 

• Haha 1