The Tom Shame Thread

OilfieldJet

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

You're just mad you don't have the accent. It's an actual cheat code when abroad. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

By “abroad,” I assume you’re not referring to developed nations? 

Yeah was about to say where is an Irish accent a cheat code lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco, washed, has eight TD passes in 145 pass attempts. Zach Wilson: 9 TDs in 383 pass attempts.

There was a day I used to be opposed to your thought process. 

Past tense.

I'm firmly #teamtommyshane now. 

Haterz.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson defenders:  "This team is all about Zach.  Nothing else matters but him and his development."

Also Wilson defenders:  "WHY YOU GUYS GOTTA TURN EVERY THREAD INTO A WILSON THREAD"

See my guy Tua exploded today? Got a lot of smoke for saying he’s criminally underrated on here.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wilson defenders:  "This team is all about Zach.  Nothing else matters but him and his development.  All games he doesn't play in mean much, much less than the ones with him."

Also Wilson defenders:  "WHY YOU GUYS GOTTA TURN EVERY THREAD INTO A WILSON THREAD"

sounds like something @Mogglez said to me. he also said he wasnt watching a game Flacco starts cause he doesnt matter. poor guy missed a hell of a game today

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, doitny said:

sounds like something @Mogglez said to me. he also said he wasnt watching a game Flacco starts cause he doesnt matter. poor guy missed a hell of a game today

I watched last week and half of the game today thanks to a wedding.  I can’t bring myself to not care about this forsaken team.

I was pleasantly surprised by Flacco and how he bounced back from an atrocious week 1, but my original point still stands.  This season is about figuring out the future of the QB position and where Zach stands in all of that.  I know we’re riding the high of the win and I’ve already seen how @JTJet is getting treated for still trying to look big picture so I’ll avoid that conversation today/tonight.  I’m happy with our first September win in years and how the youngsters played.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I watched last week and half of the game today thanks to a wedding.  I can’t bring myself to not care about this forsaken team.

I was pleasantly surprised by Flacco, but my original point still stands.  This season is about figuring out the future of the QB position in regards to where Zach stands in all of that.  I know we’re riding the high of the win and I’ve already seen how @JTJet is getting treated for still trying to look big picture so I’ll avoid that conversation today/tonight.  I’m happy with our first September win in years and how the youngsters played.

just busting your chops pal, i knew you couldnt not watch the Jets. lol

• Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Flacco and how he bounced back from an atrocious week 1, but my original point still stands.  This season is about figuring out the future of the QB position and where Zach stands in all of that.  I know we’re riding the high of the win and I’ve already seen how @JTJet is getting treated for still trying to look big picture so I’ll avoid that conversation today/tonight.  I’m happy with our first September win in years and how the youngsters played.

I've accepted the status of "Pariah of the day", a title borrowed momentarily from @T0mShane

Im cool with it. I understand people dont want the bigger picture talk and have been starved for a win (of any kind). I just wont back down from my angle. 

I've been a Jets fan too long to know that proclaiming this a "turning point" like others are doing so here is fools gold and 10 out of 10 times doesnt stand the test of a 17 game season. 

Very happy with the win, but ultimately its irrelevant in the grander scheme when it wasnt by our franchise QB... (again). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

23 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I've accepted the status of "Pariah of the day", a title borrowed momentarily from @T0mShane

Im cool with it. I understand people dont want the bigger picture talk and have been starved for a win (of any kind). I just wont back down from my angle. 

I've been a Jets fan too long to know that proclaiming this a "turning point" like others are doing so here is fools gold and 10 out of 10 times doesnt stand the test of a 17 game season. 

Very happy with the win, but ultimately its irrelevant in the grander scheme when it wasnt by our franchise QB... (again). 

Eh. The Jets probably don’t have the franchise QB on the roster regardless. This win was crucially important for Saleh, for LaFleur, for Flacco, and for Douglas (his draftees played awesome, mostly). **** Zach Wilson at this point. Get the bus moving forward and when he’s ready, let him buy a ticket to get on it. They already wasted enough time trying to get him ready.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. The Jets probably don’t have the franchise QB on the roster regardless. This win was crucially important for Saleh, for LaFleur, for Flacco, and for Douglas (his draftees played awesome, mostly). **** Zach Wilson at this point. Get the bus moving forward and when he’s ready, let him buy a ticket to get on it. They already wasted enough time trying to get him ready.

I’ll try my best to not do what I said I wouldn’t do in my last post lol, but Saleh, quite frankly, doesn’t come out of this completely smelling like roses because the Browns choked in historical fashion.  I have a huge problem with how the defense played today and if Ulbrich doesn’t improve it, part of being the CEO HC you sold yourself as means not keeping him around, ala Kacy Rodgers.  Furthermore, this game means absolutely nothing to Flacco.  He is 37.  His legacy is already set in stone.  I will add that the players have seem to have bought in to what Saleh is selling, so that’s a plus.  The culture here is much improved from the last two coaches.  As for Joe, so far he’s played geriatric in one game and damn good in another.  Regardless, I will agree, the rope for Zach should not be long.  If he can’t keep up with what Flacco has done so far, he’s not it.

JD and LaFleur are the only ones who look friggin good after today because it’s abundantly clear that this team has very good young talent, and an OC who can get the most out of them when they execute correctly. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll try my best to not do what I said I wouldn’t do in my last post lol, but Saleh, quite frankly, doesn’t come out of this completely smelling like roses because the Browns choked in historical fashion.  I have a huge problem with how the defense played today.  Furthermore, this game means absolutely nothing to Flacco.  He is 37.  His legacy is already set in stone.  I will add that the players have seem to have bought in to what Saleh is selling, so that’s a plus.  The culture here is much improved from the last two coaches.  As for Joe, so far he’s played geriatric in one game and damn good in another.  Regardless, I will agree, the rope for Zach should not be long.  If he can’t keep up with what Flacco has done so far, he’s not it.

JD and LaFleur are the only ones who look damn good after today because it’s abundantly clear that this team has very good young talent, and an OC who can get the most out of them when they execute correctly. 

If Zach’s on that short of a leash when he gets back, might as wait for Pittsburgh as was planned.  Get him some reps this week and all next week. 

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If Zach’s on that short of a leash when he gets back, might as wait for Pittsburgh as was planned.  Get him some reps this week and all next week. 

I truly think that was always the plan, but they shouldn’t coddle him if he is ready.  That’s up for the coaches to decide though, not me.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll try my best to not do what I said I wouldn’t do in my last post lol, but Saleh, quite frankly, doesn’t come out of this smelling like roses because the Browns choked in historical fashion and this game means absolutely nothing to Flacco.  He’s 37.  His legacy is already set in stone.  So far he’s played geriatric in one game and damn good in another.  Regardless, I will agree, the rope for Zach should not be long.  If he can’t keep up with what Flacco has done so far, he’s not it.

JD and LaFleur are the only ones who look damn good after today because it’s abundantly clear that this team has very good young talent, and an OC who can get the most out of them when they execute correctly. 

Oh, hell yeah. Saleh sucks and the Browns bailed him out. This week would have been hell for him if Stefanski simply landed the plane on a 14 point win. But, Saleh gets a week to avoid the brickbats and the pressure comes off the whole franchise. Eff Flacco, too, but the benefit to playing him was apparent with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore being featured in the passing game. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’ll try my best to not do what I said I wouldn’t do in my last post lol, but Saleh, quite frankly, doesn’t come out of this smelling like roses because the Browns choked in historical fashion and this game means absolutely nothing to Flacco.  I have a huge problem with how the defense played today and Flacco is 37.  His legacy is already set in stone.  I will add that the players have seem to have bought in to what Saleh is selling, so that’s a plus.  The culture here is much improved from the last two coaches.  As for Joe, so far he’s played geriatric in one game and damn good in another.  Regardless, I will agree, the rope for Zach should not be long.  If he can’t keep up with what Flacco has done so far, he’s not it.

I think the bold could be the key here. 

A crazy, unlikely comeback like this might just genuinely bring some belief.

Would be so cool if Zach turned out to be good...

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh, hell yeah. Saleh sucks and the Browns bailed him out. This week would have been hell for him if Stefanski simply landed the plane on a 14 point win. But, Saleh gets a week to avoid the brickbats and the pressure comes off the whole franchise. Eff Flacco, too, but the benefit to playing him was apparent with Garrett Wilson and Elijah Moore being featured in the passing game. 

No doubt that we were gifted the win.  And it was a critical one for Saleh .  Helps him save face and gets the media off his back.

Next week we play 0-2 Cincy, who is going to be hungry.  It'll be another interesting one.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I will add that the players have seem to have bought in to what Saleh is selling, so that’s a plus.  The culture here is much improved from the last two coaches.

Just saw this and I disagree. The young talent is better, and Saleh runs it like a college program. They were a miracle away from another multiple TD loss. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

I wouldn’t say he sucks yet, but his approach throughout today was not ideal, especially the cowardly punts.  I hope he looks back at it critically today and realizes that he could have been much better.  Last week the defense played well, and the offense didn’t execute.  This week the defense couldn’t stop Nick Chubb or a screen pass to save their lives, but the offense gave them 31 points and put them in a position to “call game” at the end.  I want to see it for 4 quarters.

I can’t judge the Flacco/Wilson debate one way or the other because Wilson hasn’t played yet.  What I can say is that Flacco, for all his flaws, had an excellent showing today and is almost through a brutal stretch of defenses with that type of performance under his belt.  I don’t wanna see no Wilson vs Houston type of bullsh*t stat line when he comes back.  I want to see better or around what I’m getting right now, because those are my expectations, as they should be for someone with his draft status when being compared to a 37 year old QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

The line is scary right now. They are not playing well.

Since it's a W for today, I will be positive and say... maybe JD was right not to re-sign Fant this offseason?

I think it’s hard to evaluate the line because they barely practiced together this summer and even when they did it was a Twinkie Munch. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just saw this and I disagree. The young talent is better, and Saleh runs it like a college program. They were a miracle away from another multiple TD loss. 

They were all tweeting about how they love this team, the culture, and poking fun at critics with pictures of people holding receipts (one has Saleh’s face on it.).  By all accounts, they like him and buy in…for now.  However, as we saw with Bowles, that can fade with time.  It's on Robert to make sure that doesn’t happen.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Reminder that Zach Wilson was the worst QB in football when pressured last season 

and thats why im in no rush to get him out there. we ride Flacco until our season is lost.

and before anyone tells me about garbage yds that Flacco got last week i will remind everyone that the QB they want back didnt throw one 300 yd game last year and had plenty of garbage time.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They were all tweeting about how they love this team, the culture, and poking fun at critics with pictures of people holding receipts (one has Saleh’s face on it.).  By all accounts, they like him and buy in…for now.  However, as we saw with Bowles, that can fade with time.  It's on Robert to make sure that doesn’t happen.

Yeah, I don’t think that players liking a coach is necessarily indicative of mass buy-in. There are graveyards full of coaches who were popular in the room.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

and thats why im in no rush to get him out there. we ride Flacco until our season is lost.

and before anyone tells me about garbage yds that Flacco got last week i will remind everyone that the QB they want back didnt throw one 300 yd game last year and had plenty of garbage time.

I think this is a lost cause. Flacco could beat the Bengals by 30 next week and they’d still start Zach against the Steelers.