Elijah is back

Rhg1084

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

Elijah Moore didn't leave the team 

he asked for more reps, that conversation didn't go well, so the team sent him home 

while at home he demanded a trade 

but let's not pretend like Moore walked out on the Jets

he wanted the football more and this time last week with Hall healthy everyone said "F U, Moore, we don't need ya" 

now all of a sudden they need him again so he's back 

this is always a business, on both sides

From our limited point of view (given we're not in the locker room or at practices), we didn't see that at all.

What I've read (it's from the internet, so whatever), after the game last Sunday, he told teammates he was ready for a change of scenery, and had been disruptive during practice. That's why he was sent home.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

as someone who took a lot of crap defending Moore in the last week, trust me, he demanded the trade after they sent him home 

What? Why are we trusting you?

You seem to have a very unique set of facts that don't appear to correspond to anything I've heard so far. Again, I'm hearing things from different twitter feeds, so it may all be BS, but 'trust me'??

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Supersonic said:

It's not like he was targeted 2 or 3 times, he got ZERO looks.  He was upset and his emotions got the best of him, he simply made a comment he shouldn't have.  I can see being pissed, but the hatred towards him makes absolutely no sense at all.

Completely agree...

We're all human. We all deal with emotions.

For someone who is ultra competitive, and with millions of dollars on the line, I can see why he wants the ball more often. That being said, there would have been better ways to deal with this. Especially when you have zero leverage and no better options.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

The Corey Davis injury makes this an easy solution. Play Moore in Davis' spot and play Mims in Elijah's old spot. Tell Zach to throw the ball well. Done/

Dammit Lafleur!! Why hasn't he spoken to Zack about throwing the ball well?!?! :D

let's be clear here
he asked for more reps, that conversation didn't go well, so the team sent him home 
he wanted the football more and this time last week with Hall healthy everyone said "F U, Moore, we don't need ya" 

I still.say **** him if he thinks he's more important than the team

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

The Corey Davis injury makes this an easy solution. Play Moore in Davis' spot and play Mims in Elijah's old spot. Tell Zach to throw the ball well. Done/

Jeff Smith will see more snaps than Mims. This coaching staff either doesn’t like or trust Mims. 

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

I was going to down vote this but the line to do it was way too long!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, slats said:

This is bull****. He asked for the trade, then Saleh decided it “wasn’t fair” to make him play while that was where his head was at. 

Yeah but he got sent home and demanded the trade. He did come back the next day but they told him he wasn't playing.

I am happy with how Saleh handled this. Not happy with Elijah but he is a kid, hopefully they all move forward in peace from here.

The biggest thing is Saleh gave him an exit ramp and a chance to get going again.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

honestly watching Mike White throw for 400 yards and get his gear in Canton tells me it's not the OC that sucks or the system 

like everything else in the league, You're only as good as your QB 

put it another way you know how Sauce is killing it as a 4 overall pick? Zach should be killing it as a 2 overall pick 

no one says hey give Sauce until year 4 until he can play man to man 

I know it's hard and that's alot to ask of a young man but that's why they give these guys the big bucks 

they don't draft Sauce and hide him at nickel or whatever 

That is a really good analogy. Unfortunately Sauce is the exception and not the rule but your point is a great one.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah but he got sent home and demanded the trade. He did come back the next day but they told him he wasn't playing.

I am happy with how Saleh handled this. Not happy with Elijah but he is a kid, hopefully they all move forward in peace from here.

The biggest thing is Saleh gave him an exit ramp and a chance to get going again.

Hopefully every one will circle the wagons and realize they need each other more than ever now and figure it out. they can still do great things with focus.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Vader said:

Hopefully every one will circle the wagons and realize they need each other more than ever now and figure it out. they can still do great things with focus.

Very true.  They finish games well so this is the first Jets team in a long time that figures stuff out.  That needs to continue because the challenges don't get any easier. Especially when the Bills come to town.

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That is a really good analogy. Unfortunately Sauce is the exception and not the rule but your point is a great one.

If our defense destroys Allen and creates 5 turnovers ..... With Zach at QB we might squeak out a victory. I honestly hate to be negative because I love this team for the past 50 + years but I just don't see anything big happening with Wilson at QB. There is a glaring reason the WR on the Jets that has a metric of getting open more than any other NFL WR cant get the ball that reason is Zach Wilson and I guarantee you Moore knows it.

if I hear mistake free football one more time I'm gonna scream. As i said in another thread Mistake free QB play is chicken sh*t QB play. If we want to beat the top teams in this league our QB at some point is going to have to grow some balls. if that means an Int here and there so be it. Everyone on this team is progressing except Zach Wilson and its time he steps up and takes control of this offense.

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If our defense destroys Allen and creates 5 turnovers ..... With Zach at QB we might squeak out a victory. I honestly hate to be negative because I love this team for the past 50 + years but I just don't see anything big happening with Wilson at QB. There is a glaring reason the WR on the Jets that has a metric of getting open more than any other NFL WR cant get the ball that reason is Zach Wilson and I guarantee you Moore knows it.

if I hear mistake free football one more time I'm gonna scream. As i said in another thread Mistake free QB play is chicken sh*t QB play. If we want to beat the top teams in this league our QB at some point is going to have to grow some balls. if that means an Int here and there so be it. Everyone on this team is progressing except Zach Wilson and its time he steps up and takes control of this offense.

The QB has balls, they are bringing him along slowly. The master plan is a good one.

Belichick just ruined Macc Jones. Kids gloves are something nobody wants to hear but why are 1st round talents failing so much? The Jets have a plan and when Zach needs to throw he will.

That will happen this Sunday but the Pats can't stop the run, so they will still be conservative and win.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

4 and 0 thanks to a large part the the guy who we just lost for the year. Zach 3 tds in 4 games. Killing it.

Two pass completions where the runner was tackled at the 1. Zach has a rushing TD (I believe) and a receiving TD.

Sure, he will have to throw more we get it. When they need it he will get the job done.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

I don't think this whitewashing is exactly accurate

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

The QB has balls, they are bringing him along slowly. The master plan is a good one.

Belichick just ruined Macc Jones. Kids gloves are something nobody wants to hear but why are 1st round talents failing so much? The Jets have a plan and when Zach needs to throw he will.

That will happen this Sunday but the Pats can't stop the run, so they will still be conservative and win.

Don't get me wrong Max I love ground and pound, it wears the other team out (why we're so good in the 4th Quarter) It keeps our defense off the field, I love the strategy but you can't have as many 3 and outs because our QB can't complete a 3rd down pass or when he does throw he gets so conservative he does not even throw to wide open receivers past the yard to gain for a first. That will beat the Pats and the Dolphins of the world but it will not beat the Bills or KC who are going to have to be matched point for point, they will score points since they score on everybody. 

IMO right now the Bills will view us as one dimensional and stack the box vs the run because they have not done well in past years vs the run but that only applies to teams who can pass the football. If you can throw the Bills have to respect that and that's their weakness if they play us and we can't convert 3rd downs we're going to be the team that gets worn out.

While Zach is Improving in some areas he's not improving in areas we need him to improve in. His short range passes are never on target, he can't disguise the screen because he's always so ramped up and afraid of the rush, its gets old having to watch RB's and WR's have to catch balls behind them or over their heads slowing them down and giving the defense the upper hand. This team should be considered a playoff contender and if we are going to compete against the better AFC teams Zach had better grow up now or the next 2 years will wind up being like the Yankees of the past 5 years beat up on the scrubs and get torched in the playoffs by the better teams. I was really optimistic about Zach and I really want the kid to succeed but we can't continue to kid ourselves because he has a good/great quarter out of every 10 he plays.

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

sounds about right.  and wasn't davis ready but pulled early from the game?  it's not like anyone could've predicted dais would be out or hall would go down or mims or smith would show why they don't start.  it happens.  now we can all hope moore returns to the type of player he was last season.  maybe he get 6 or 7 targets and catches 5.  that would be nice.

16 hours ago, Supersonic said:

It's not like he was targeted 2 or 3 times, he got ZERO looks.  He was upset and his emotions got the best of him, he simply made a comment he shouldn't have.  I can see being pissed, but the hatred towards him makes absolutely no sense at all.

I dislike him because of the hype surrounding him along with the high charachter hype.  Turns out he's small, mediocre and has a crappy tude.  

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

we just lost our 2 of our top players on offense.  time for zach to step up - but let's give the kid a chance.  he's not going anywhere this year anyway.

14 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dude you have no clue what went down. Youre speculating and have this weird defense for the bum

looks more like he blew up at work and thats why he was sent home.

why are you making things up to make him look better

how many players are running to Moore's defense?  In fact, several of the top players are throwing shade at him with their "teamwork", and "god" tweets.

making Moore look better indirectly makes Woody/Coaches/Zach look bad.   that's all you need to know about your last comment

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

He was a disruption to the team, a team that's doing very well.  He deserved to be sent home.  Doesn't matter when he asked for the trade.  Saleh made it clear it wa a time out for him to cool down.  He didn't cool down he doubled down.  

I'm all for having misfits dicks who are really good on veteran winning teams.  He's not that good and he hasn't had any real impact on the team winning.  He's a misfit dick on a young team that's developing and he's at best a mediocre NFL WR who doesn't do the dirty work. 

17 hours ago, bitonti said:

let's be clear here

Can Moore block and prevent 75% of the offensive snaps having immense pressure?

12 hours ago, xJayce said:

From our limited point of view (given we're not in the locker room or at practices), we didn't see that at all.

What I've read (it's from the internet, so whatever), after the game last Sunday, he told teammates he was ready for a change of scenery, and had been disruptive during practice. That's why he was sent home.

interesting. so hes been whining all along while winning. God he would fit right in as a poster on this website!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

sounds about right.  and wasn't davis ready but pulled early from the game?  it's not like anyone could've predicted dais would be out or hall would go down or mims or smith would show why they don't start.  it happens.  now we can all hope moore returns to the type of player he was last season.  maybe he get 6 or 7 targets and catches 5.  that would be nice.

I've seen this a few times in this thread.  

And then there's this:

So this is the part where everyone says Saleh doesn't know anything and can't see how bad Mims is because...you know....we all know better.

Maybe this is pumping for trade value....maybe...but I guess we'll see if Mims is active again this Sunday.  Could depend on Davis, but it'll be interesting.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I've seen this a few times in this thread.  

And then there's this:

So this is the part where everyone says Saleh doesn't know anything and can't see how bad Mims is because...you know....we all know better.

Maybe this is pumping for trade value....maybe...but I guess we'll see if Mims is active again this Sunday.  Could depend on Davis, but it'll be interesting.

interesting since mims also held on a block made for berrios.  i don't fault mims for not catching that pass though.  it was just too far behind.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

we just lost our 2 of our top players on offense.  time for zach to step up - but let's give the kid a chance.  he's not going anywhere this year anyway.

After reading so many posts from Jets fans on this site, it seems that the majority of fans want to bury Moore and throw him out with the bath water.  I remember him after he was drafted last year, and that the Jets got a 1st round prospect in the 2nd round.  I remember him leading the team in catches and yards.  He was a bright spot for sure, on a very bad Jets team.

Now that his arrow is turning downward, everyone is so quick to discard him, like so many of us wanted to discard Coach Sales, the entire coaching staff, Joe Douglas, Zach, and others.

I am guilty of being quick to judgment, and I am so happy I was wrong on so many of the players and coaching staff. 

Give Moore the benefit of the doubt, and give the young man the opportunity to be the player we all saw last year on this team.  He is a winner, and I support him 100%.  We got a lot of games left in the season, and I think he WILL turn things around for himself, and help this team win down the stretch.

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Alka said:

After reading so many posts from Jets fans on this site, it seems that the majority of fans want to bury Moore and throw him out with the bath water.  I remember him after he was drafted last year, and that the Jets got a 1st round prospect in the 2nd round.  I remember him leading the team in catches and yards.  He was a bright spot for sure, on a very bad Jets team.

Now that his arrow is turning downward, everyone is so quick to discard him, like so many of us wanted to discard Coach Sales, the entire coaching staff, Joe Douglas, Zach, and others.

I am guilty of being quick to judgment, and I am so happy I was wrong on so many of the players and coaching staff. 

Give Moore the benefit of the doubt, and give the young man the opportunity to be the player we all saw last year on this team.  He is a winner, and I support him 100%.  We got a lot of games left in the season, and I think he WILL turn things around for himself, and help this team win down the stretch.

You know how it goes.  If Moore plays well this Sunday, it will never be mentioned again unless he repeats the behavior.  

But if he gets 8 targets and drops 4 catchable ones?  Hoo boy...

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, bitonti said:

honestly watching Mike White throw for 400 yards and get his gear in Canton tells me it's not the OC that sucks or the system 

like everything else in the league, You're only as good as your QB 

put it another way you know how Sauce is killing it as a 4 overall pick? Zach should be killing it as a 2 overall pick 

no one says hey give Sauce until year 4 until he can play man to man 

I know it's hard and that's alot to ask of a young man but that's why they give these guys the big bucks 

they don't draft Sauce and hide him at nickel or whatever 

This is such an awful take. A CB can excel and show their worth, without the rest of the defense necessarily having to do their job. A QB needs it's O line and entire offense to do its job. Blaming everything on the QB is such a lazy, and uneducated take. Zach has not been good, but people acting like hes playing with the 90's cowboys and he is stopping them from being better than the Bills is a terrible take. The O line is allowing 2-3x more pressures than the top defenses get on average. Mike White having a great game doesnt do jack sh*t to fix the O line problems we have had this year. Strive to be better than this. Its very possible that ZW sucks and will always suck, but strive to be better, particularly when you think so highly of your opinions