Zach Wilson - Positive Vibes Only Thread

JETS SB

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok I’ve got one.

According to the analytics, Wilson is top 15 in “On Target %” among his peers in 2022.

The dorks keeping track of this might have been drunk when they did their analysis but the metric is what it is nonetheless! 

Lmao @JETS SB neg-repping this.  I gave you what you asked for, silly.  

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Let’s all do a shot every time someone mentions he’s undefeated this year. (I’m afraid to read the thread and see how many we would’ve had to do from the start.)

Yeah, I mean, winning means very little. Can’t believe people keep bringing that up. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ok I’ve got one.

According to the analytics, Wilson is top 15 in “On Target %” among his peers in 2022.

The dorks keeping track of this might have been drunk when they did their analysis but the metric is what it is nonetheless! 

Really had to hurt for you to attempt to find something almost nice to say.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Yeah, I mean, winning means very little. Can’t believe people keep bringing that up. 

You know what’s funny?

The guys who bring it up though are usually the same ones who said last year you can’t  blame Zach for the team losing so many games because the team around him is as bad as he is.
Now that the team is good and Zach is still bad, he gets the credit for winning. 

Go figure…

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Thought Id sit back and let the tide of antizaxxer/fields lover quips roll in and drift out ...

About 4 responses worth reading.

Which is where I'd thought this would go.

1. Zach is winning (4-0)
2. Zach has been clutch when it mattered most.
3. Zach has elite ball velocity
4. Zach is accurate when given a pocket to throw from.
5. Zach is evasive when the pocket collapses ( which is a lot this year)
6. Zach seems to be able to tune out the trolls.

Etc etc etc etc

He has a long way to go ... But he's the best prospect we have had in decades.

Keys :
Cleanup Dropback Mechanics

Throw the ball away or check down if there is no one open at 2.7 seconds.

Throw deep to single coverage.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

When hes hot he can sling the f out of the ball. Needs to be hotter more often. He will be

When he’s calm and staying in the pocket and is able to plant, step and throw, the ball looks like Dan Marino threw it, as does his release. I don’t think that’s an exaggeration.

Problem to date is that either he legitimately doesn’t have time to do that, (see just last Sunday, a free rusher totally untouched coming at him like a missile MANY times, don’t even know how escaped as much as he did), or he takes off and leaves the pocket when he shouldn’t due to poor reads.  Would really like to see him step up and deliver the ball a lot more while in the pocket, with enough time.  Shows serious arm talent on the limited occasions he does just that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

You know what’s funny. Most in this forum think they are funny, while very few are. They are just miserable middle aged men who have very little in their life to be happy about and making the same comments over and over again from other threads, hoping someone laughs so they can feel good about themselves. I guess being a Jets fan does that to you. Makes you miserable. And when we finally have a good season, you have no idea how to escape your own personal hell. 

24 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

You know what’s funny. Most in this forum think they are funny, while very few are. They are just miserable middle aged men who have very little in their life to be happy about and making the same comments over and over again from other threads, hoping someone laughs so they can feel good about themselves. I guess being a Jets fan does that to you. Makes you miserable. And when we finally have a good season, you have no idea how to escape your own personal hell. 

You got me. Every day when I'm tempted to take a Lexapro and a Xanax, I come here to talk about the Jets QB and BAM the mental health issues go away!

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Or you just have no sense of humor?  Seems common here lately. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

Eh, we just all have PTSD from 20 years of sucking. What do you expect? There's a slight flicker of hope from our QB, but it looks the same as every other one we have had despite the much higher talent level around him. He flashes potential but it never comes out. We've seen what happens with a bad QB on a bad team, but we've also seen what happens with a bad QB on a otherwise really good team. It always ends at false hope with eventually suck.

Maybe Zach is the guy. He has some metrics that make him look great, and he's shown through the occasional flash that he can be the QB we all hope him to be. But for the most part it hasn't been very heartening. Sorry to crap on your positive vibes thread, but when you talk about a lot of us not being happy with how we're playing, it's because we've seen this before, and we know the outcome. 

• Post of the Week 2