Zach Wilson - Positive Vibes Only Thread

JETS SB

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

You know what’s funny?

The guys who bring it up though are usually the same ones who said last year you can’t  blame Zach for the team losing so many games because the team around him is as bad as he is.
Now that the team is good and Zach is still bad, he gets the credit for winning. 

Go figure…

Yea generalizations don’t really work. I will bring up ZW being 4-0 everytime because that all that matters. It’s working right now for whatever reason. And it will work until It doesnt and when it doesn’t I will adjust my opinion. He could go 1-10 with 12 yards every game. As long as they win he’s my qb. I root for the name on the front not the back. 

We haven’t had a season that was remotely relevant passed week 4 in 7 years, we finally do, has ZW played well no, have they won yes, him not turning over the ball part of it, I’d imagine. 

It like not getting laid for years and then you turning down a late night rendezvous because the girl (or guy) probably eats one too many cheeseburgers a week. Stirctly 10s or bust amirite

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Figured I would get a bunch of dumb responses. Not shocking from this group. But whatever. Figured I would add Zach is #1 in the NFL in 4th quarter pass completion % at 85.7% in 2022. 

I was first to the party and you didn’t thumbs down my dumb response. I feel left out

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yea generalizations don’t really work. I will bring up ZW being 4-0 everytime because that all that matters. It’s working right now for whatever reason. And it will work until It doesnt and when it doesn’t I will adjust my opinion. He could go 1-10 with 12 yards every game. As long as they win he’s my qb. I root for the name on the front not the back. 

We haven’t had a season that was remotely relevant passed week 4 in 7 years, we finally do, has ZW played well no, have they won yes, him not turning over the ball part of it, I’d imagine. 

It like not getting laid for years and then you turning down a late night rendezvous because the girl (or guy) probably eats one too many cheeseburgers a week. Stirctly 10s or bust amirite

Green Ghost’s point is that it’s intellectually dishonest. But I get it, that’s fandom.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Green Ghost’s point is that it’s intellectually dishonest. But I get it, that’s fandom.

I mean is it? The whole point of a team is to win, they’re winning. 

is it sustainable, probably not, but we don’t know that yet. Were they winning before he was inserted into the lineup, not really. 

11 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

“Has ZW played well no” is a little unfair. The entire forum was loving what he did in Pittsburgh. He was essentially perfect against Miami. He wasn’t great but did enough against GB and Den. Two top Ds in tough places to play. Didn’t turn it over, two wins. 

If ZW was turning it over and losing us games, choking in the big moment, we could say he sucks. Right now, literally the opposite has happened . 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, SuicidalSince98 said:

“Has ZW played well no” is a little unfair. The entire forum was loving what he did in Pittsburgh. He was essentially perfect against Miami. He wasn’t great but did enough against GB and Den. Two top Ds in tough places to play. Didn’t turn it over, two wins. 

I don’t think he has played well. I don’t think he was as bad as people make it out to be either. He’s been ok, best attribute has been he’s safe with the ball. He did have a good 2nd half against the steeler but besides that it’s all been adequate all thing considered in my mind. 
Luckily for us and him we are winning so he gets time and valuable game experience to figure it out (hopefully)

9 hours ago, JETS SB said:

1) 4-0 with Zach is not a coincidence. 1-2 with Flacco isn’t a coincidence. Defenses play you differently when the QB is a threat with his legs and has ability to improvise. The run game doesn’t do what it did, with Joe Flacco. 

As much as I'm skeptical on Wilson, I think this right here is a very underrated factor in our offensive success.

6 hours ago, JETS SB said:

You know what’s funny. Most in this forum think they are funny, while very few are. They are just miserable middle aged men who have very little in their life to be happy about and making the same comments over and over again from other threads, hoping someone laughs so they can feel good about themselves. I guess being a Jets fan does that to you. Makes you miserable. And when we finally have a good season, you have no idea how to escape your own personal hell. 

We seem to have quite a few angry psychologists here at JN lately, diagnosing us for our many flaws. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Yea generalizations don’t really work. I will bring up ZW being 4-0 everytime because that all that matters.

When evaluating the team as a whole, yes.

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

has ZW played well no,

So when we scrape away all the excess, this is what we have.

In almost every case of every poster white-knighting Zach, we will find this somewhere in their post(s).

So why then is it so hard to just agree that for winning to be sustainable, Zach must play better and produce more? That being one of the lowest producing QB in the NFL won’t cut it. Seems like a given.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

When evaluating the team as a whole, yes.

So when we scrape away all the excess, this is what we have.

In almost every case of every poster white-knighting Zach, we will find this somewhere in their post(s).

So why then is it so hard to just agree that for winning to be sustainable, Zach must play better and produce more? That being one of the lowest producing QB in the NFL won’t cut it. Seems like a given.

Yes it would be great if he played better. But as of right now him playing the way he has, the jets have not lost with him under center, where as they were 1-2 when didn’t play. So if the trend continues I would still be ok with it. I don’t care about individuals numbers if the team is winning. That’s the great thing about winning hides all the ugly. When your losing numbers are the only good thing you have to hang onto. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

You only need a PVO thread dedicated to a player when there are legitimate negative vibes about him.  There is no PVO thread on Sauce, for example.

Its very existence demonstrates the merit of the counter-argument.

No one is arguing that there isn’t a counter argument. Just keep it in the other million threads 

41 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

No one is arguing that there isn’t a counter argument. Just keep it in the other million threads 

Maybe then the PVO thread shouldn’t begin by calling out anyone who isn’t on board. Think about it — do you ever back down from a challenge?

Positives:

- He’s improved his accuracy. The YAC our WRs are getting is partly because of Zach’s ball placement. He’s throwing it to the correct shoulder and turning his guys up field

- He is lights out when throwing from a clean pocket

- Confirmed that he has an elite release and elite arm strength. Defining elite as top 5ish in the league

- Confirmed he is a slippery athlete. Quick and agile

That’s all I got folks.

• Upvote 3

On a team built to win on a time tested winning formula, defense, running the ball good special teams, he has not turned the ball over.    Teams win SB with this formula in this era.  In every era. 

He has to get much better throwing the football and knowing where to go with the ball quicker.   He also needs much better pass protection.  The free rushers in the Denver game was ridiculous.  The Jets coaching staff needs to get this fixed.  It's okay if you can fire out and run the ball down teams throats but with AVT and Hall done it's likely were going to have to throw more.  That needs to get fixed, Zach needs to have a chance to set his feet or the turnovers are going to start coming in bunches.  

Zach has shown some physical and mental toughness.  He's going to have to be tough and set his feet when the opportunity is theres and let it fly.  Last week he was unnerved by the early rush and never set his feet in the few opportunities that were there.  He did a much better job against the Packers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Says he wouldn't want to go into battle with folks like us, and yet fights to defend this guy:

fab40-landing-page13-2.jpg

Who the hell would want to fight a war alongside “nice kids???” Put me on the insane psycho team, please.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, jNYC1 said:

Apparently even Zach defenders don’t have a lot to say in PVO Zach thread…

ohh the irony…

I guess if you can’t name call other Jets fans or create absurd straw man arguments the wind goes out of the sails.

You seem happy about that. 

Good for you, I guess.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Zach can escape pressure.

(And has time to prove that he can generate production under pressure.)

He can escape pressure, that’s not the problem.  The problem is that there are too many plays where he has no chance to do anything except run around and get to a point where he can throw it out of bounds.  The offensive game plan needs to be able to counter these blitzes.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Here is my positive vibe

Zach Wilson will get every opportunity  to improve his passing production for the remainder of this season, barring another injury.

He has 10 more games to prove all of his detractors and doubters wrong with his play on the field.

This is mine as well. I want him to stay healthy, get every snap, and prove the skeptics wrong. 

Would be a real tragedy if he misses significant time.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The team is winning AND Zach Wilson isn't playing well at all.  Not mutually excluse.

F**k I forgot this was a Zach PVO thread.  Umm, err.....He's a nice boy!

Team lost more than they won before Zach was in the line up. Zach although not good (for the most part so far) is better than anything else we have right now 

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He can escape pressure, that’s not the problem.  The problem is that there are too many plays where he has no chance to do anything except run around and get to a point where he can throw it out of bounds.  The offensive game plan needs to be able to counter these blitzes.

Agree - but PVO.  I think there is a play calling element and a QB execution element.