Zach Wilson - Positive Vibes Only Thread

JETS SB

39 minutes ago, jNYC1 said:

Apparently even Zach defenders don’t have a lot to say in PVO Zach thread…

ohh the irony…

I guess if you can’t name call other Jets fans or create absurd straw man arguments the wind goes out of the sails.

Zach Wilson - Positive Vibes Only Thread

I don't think you're following the instructions correctly. lol

So far, Zach has been following the instructions it seems.  Hand off the ball, don't throw INTs, win the game.  If the team is losing late then carry them on your back into the endzone like in Pittsburgh.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

This is one area that even critics like myself will have to concede. He’s been smart with ball protection/safe throws. He’s not costing us games like other QBs around the league (and they are numerous) 

I think it was the biggest area of focus post-injury during the rookie year.  Minimize mistakes, follow the game plan, and try not to play hero ball until we need it.  I'm still not convinced he's "the guy," but I'm seeing growth and until we're losing because of him I'll stay positive (vibes only).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's the point though.  It WON'T continue.  We're not beating NE or Buffalo without Zach playing  well, especially after the losses of Breece and AVT. 

The rest of the team has stepped up their game this season.  It's time for Zach to do his part.  

Zach could turn into into a Transformer and we aren't beating Buffalo. They literally have Optimus Prime as a QB. Belichick will 100% make Zach beat him. He tried it with Justin Fields and Fields T bagged him. Just enough passes and outstanding running.

Zach could win this game but LaFleur has to 100% have a plan for it. If we are leaving it up to Zach's ability to play on the fly? I'll keep it positive by looking forward to spending time with the Family after half time. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Here is my positive vibe

Zach Wilson will get every opportunity  to improve his passing production for the remainder of this season, barring another injury.

He has 10 more games to prove all of his detractors and doubters wrong with his play on the field.

was that so hard?

Here is my positive vibe

Zach Wilson will get every opportunity  to improve his passing production for the remainder of this season, barring another injury.

He has 10 more games to prove all of his detractors and doubters wrong with his play on the field.

Huge point here. Guy has a golden opportunity in front of him.

Here is my positive vibe

excellent point.

however, the loss of hall and avt do open up the "OL/Weapons" discussion if his performance is poor.  no matter in my mind if performance is bad we need to bring in a real vet next year.

• Upvote 2

Just watched that QB School YouTube guy breakdown Wilson’s film. Was a combo of things:

-tons of protection issues going on, Denver D played extremely well especially the run game, and yeah Wilson missed the mark on multiple throws. Also feels like he’s a huge fan of Lefluer, there’s def guys being drawn open. Impressed with his ability to escape pressure but hated how he kept going instead of just throwing it away or running out of bounds. 

Overall nothing new really but those protection issues need to get fixed asap along with Zach. Way too much free runners. 

• Upvote 1

Here is my positive vibe

? 

That’s all we can ask for. One way or another we need to end the debate. If he’s the guy then we want 90% of our fans agreeing with it, if he’s not the guy then we want 90% of our fans seeing that too so that we can move on. Ups and downs, flashes and crashes, victories but doubts about his performance/game script, offensive line excuses, etc. all need to be put to rest. 

It probably lasted about one year too long with Darnold. But JD saw enough to know it was time to move on, and he did so.  By now we should all trust that JD will make the right decisions for this franchise including with the QB.

• Upvote 2

So I watched this documentary on YouTube about Jack Lambert. I heard a great quote."there are athletes and there are football players" I believe this team is blessed with both.

Credit to the GM and the HC for building Character on this team.

As far as Zach Wilson I think the kid has a really good head on his shoulders and really good character as well as the physical tools. I've never been more intrigued to listen to a QB in a post game interview on the Jets. He's actually being himself and answering the questions after thinking about them it's not the same old coach speak type s***

I'll allow the kid to have bad games once in awhile because we all have bad days at work once in awhile right?

That's my positive vibes~

• Upvote 2

Just watched the All 22 of the Denver games stood and several positives stood out:

1. All his short throws were on target

2. His elusiveness 

3. His 4th quarter play again; a switch turns on and he is decisive and gets the ball out quick.

Also, I saw one thing that if he fixes he will be above average and possibly become elite: when he is under pressure instead of setting his feet and taking the hit, he shuffles his feet to avoid the hit while throwing the ball which led to the overthrown passes to open receivers, or he escapes the pocket immediately without a quick throw to the check down. I believe it is something he can fix because he did it in the 4th quarter. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, JETS SB said:

You know what’s funny. Most in this forum think they are funny, while very few are. They are just miserable middle aged men who have very little in their life to be happy about and making the same comments over and over again from other threads, hoping someone laughs so they can feel good about themselves. I guess being a Jets fan does that to you. Makes you miserable. And when we finally have a good season, you have no idea how to escape your own personal hell. 

Robin Williams Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, JETS SB said:

You know what’s funny. Most in this forum think they are funny, while very few are. They are just miserable middle aged men who have very little in their life to be happy about and making the same comments over and over again from other threads, hoping someone laughs so they can feel good about themselves. I guess being a Jets fan does that to you. Makes you miserable. And when we finally have a good season, you have no idea how to escape your own personal hell. 

SO the people cracking jokes are the miserable ones and not you.

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, undertow said:

SO the people cracking jokes are the miserable ones and not you.

Jonah Hill Ok GIF

Yup. The team is 5-2 with one of their best starts in a long time, we are winning with a formula that all of us know, works, if you have the defense and a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and buys in. Yet the same guys, in every thread in this forum, are miserable, hate everything, especially our QB, and all they have to contribute, are jokes and one liners, that weren’t funny, the first 10 times they used them. I think asking for positive vibes only for our QB, gives you an idea about what I am about. Zach bought in to winning and has completely reversed his turnover issues from last year and has carried the team, when they needed him, in the 4th quarter. Maybe one year, the Jets “fans” here, will buy in as well. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Yup. The team is 5-2 with one of their best starts in a long time, we are winning with a formula that all of us know, works, if you have the defense and a QB that doesn’t make mistakes and buys in. Yet the same guys, in every thread in this forum, are miserable, hate everything, especially our QB, and all they have to contribute, are jokes and one liners, that weren’t funny, the first 10 times they used them. I think asking for positive vibes only for our QB, gives you an idea about what I am about. Zach bought in to winning and has completely reversed his turnover issues from last year and has carried the team, when they needed him, in the 4th quarter. Maybe one year, the Jets “fans” here, will buy in as well. 

If only there was something Zach could do about getting us to “buy in”.

If only.  

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

I'm starting to worry about some of you people. Some fans don't think the QB is playing well get over it everything is gonna be ok. lol

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Sounds like this man is taking receipts.

Those if you on the list have been warned

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And those who don’t are Stevie Wonder and Zach’s Mom.  

Well... please tell me all about the next comings justin Herbert, Matty ice and David carr's stats versus the Broncos....

Herbert had 57 passes for 238 and a ypa of 4.2, More than 2x the attempts than ZW and less ypa. Herbert also had 0 td's but did throw a pick that Zach didn't. 

Seems like contrary to even my own opinion,  ZW played better than he's getting credit for. 

• Upvote 1