Jump to content

Now That We Finally Got Our QB...The Running Game


SoFlaJets
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is what I want to see the Jets get squared away next. Losing Breece Hall was a devastatingly bad break (especially for a certain highly drafted QB) just as he was starting to come into his own. He started becoming the weapon that we hadn't seen around here since the Ryan Fitzpatrick "Glory Days" with Matt Forte and Bilal Powell rushing for over 1500 yards.Breece got hurt just as the Jets turned the season around from a probable SOJ type of year into that of a potential Super Bowl contender.

So now what happens? Of course Hall's #1 replacement Michael Carter also gets hurt and the Jets starting backfield is completely re-shuffled after James Washington failed to really do anything to open any eyes against the Pats twice 12 rushes for 27 yards or the Bills 13-48 and he was the guy who they picked up to hopefully replace Breece Hall.

Zach Wilson gets benched, MC gets hurt and James Washington is a flop so what does Saleh do? Something unheralded (Adjective: something not previously announced, expected, or recognized.) He sits Washington and puts Bam Knight into the #1 slot and gives Ty Johnson Washington's #2 slot. So in one week the Jets went from a backfield of QB Zach Wilson HB1 Bam Knight and HB2 Ty Johnson.

I don't think I've ever seen a team in this position do something THIS drastic. Now whether the low ankle sprain keeps Carter out of the HB1 spot or not is something we'll find out on Sunday. What we need to see this Jets team do is to get back to what started them on this amazing run, and RU N THE BALL with Bam Knight, Ty Johnson and MC. Ty Johnson is the hidden treasure especially coming out of the backfield as a receiver. Watching the Mike White highlights from last year the chemistry between White and Johnson was something that had me watching to see if it was still a "thing" or not, it is.

Let's see the Jets using that passing game to open up the run. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2
  • Doh! 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Is what I want to see the Jets get squared away next. Losing Breece Hall was a devastatingly bad break (especially for a certain highly drafted QB) just as he was starting to come into his own. He started becoming the weapon that we hadn't seen around here since the Ryan Fitzpatrick "Glory Days" with Matt Forte and Bilal Powell rushing for over 1500 yards.Breece got hurt just as the Jets turned the season around from a probable SOJ type of year into that of a potential Super Bowl contender.

So now what happens? Of course Hall's #1 replacement Michael Carter also gets hurt and the Jets starting backfield is completely re-shuffled after James Washington failed to really do anything to open any eyes against the Pats twice 12 rushes for 27 yards or the Bills 13-48 and he was the guy who they picked up to hopefully replace Breece Hall.

Zach Wilson gets benched, MC gets hurt and James Washington is a flop so what does Saleh do? Something unheralded (Adjective: something not previously announced, expected, or recognized.) He sits Washington and puts Bam Knight into the #1 slot and gives Ty Johnson Washington's #2 slot. So in one week the Jets went from a backfield of QB Zach Wilson HB1 Bam Knight and HB2 Ty Johnson.

I don't think I've ever seen a team in this position do something THIS drastic. Now whether the low ankle sprain keeps Carter out of the HB1 spot or not is something we'll find out on Sunday. What we need to see this Jets team do is to get back to what started them on this amazing run, and RU N THE BALL with Bam Knight, Ty Johnson and MC. Ty Johnson is the hidden treasure especially coming out of the backfield as a receiver. Watching the Mike White highlights from last year the chemistry between White and Johnson was something that had me watching to see if it was still a "thing" or not, it is.

Let's see the Jets using that passing game to open up the run. 

 

 

 

We have our QB ??? Ummm...  UMMM... 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

We have no idea if we have our QB.

Mike White developing into even a middle of the road starter over the next 5+ years would be a big Cinderella story.

But would it honestly shock anyone if he sh*ts his pants against Minnesota and Buffalo and the Jets make the switch back to Wilson?

 

The odds of this happening are probably higher than they should be, and definitely higher than anyone here wants to admit lol

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

-- The quarterback that the Jets have "finally got" has started 4 NFL games.  Time to pump the breaks a little bit on that.

Thank you.

Listen. I'm not a massive Zach Wilson apologist. He blew it. He lost his opportunity and now that opportunity is White's. HOWEVER. We have only got our QB in Mike White until his next couple of bad losses. And those could very well come against the next two teams- Vikings and Bills. I'm hoping that's not the case. Winning the game in Minn. will be MASSIVE for the Jets. But Saleh has made it very clear that all options are still on the table and while this is Mike White's job to lose, nothing is guaranteed in the near future.   

As far as the run game. With the talent the Jets have right now sans Carter and Hall, its really going to depend on how well the O-line plays and the quality of defense they face. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

 

The odds of this happening are probably higher than they should be, and definitely higher than anyone here wants to admit lol

Oh so you're one of the Zach lovers who was rooting for 'the coin' and  failure from White, that's a tough one for ya. Oh yea usually when something is written with "around them" it was written with tongue planted firmly in cheek. Most people would know that an 800 yard season for a #1 RB is no glorious season, then again you Zach lovers were thrilled with his 4 TD season so I guess the bar is set accordingly.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

What does "higher than they should be" mean? 

I think there's a decent chance the Jets go 0-2 in the next two games.  The coaching staff *might* use that as an excuse to go back to Wilson.  But unless White absolutely implodes, they shouldn't do this.

OP struggles with reading comprehension and emotions though.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

We have no idea if we have our QB.

Mike White developing into even a middle of the road starter over the next 5+ years would be a big Cinderella story.

But would it honestly shock anyone if he sh*ts his pants against Minnesota and Buffalo and the Jets make the switch back to Wilson?

It would completely shock me if white bombs the next 2 games.  I have him throwing for 300 yards and another 3 tds in Minnesota this Sunday.

Bam Knight is by far the best rb on the roster right now.  He is the lead guy moving forward.

  • WTF? 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Yea we do, barring some unforeseen dose of typical Jets luck Mike White should be the Jets starting QB for the next 5 years. Oh yea, don't worry about Zach, he'll be an executive over there at Jet Blue and he'll be doing   j...u....s...t   fine.

Oh, dear... I need to call in some professional help

"Sometimes a back-up QB is just a back-up QB"

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The difference Hall made was palpable. I’m a huge fan of Carter as well. That said, we don’t know how long it’s going to take Carter to round back into form and I think the Hall pick was an example of how you can get big play ability a little more cheaply when it’s a running back. Wouldn’t mind them going back to that again with someone like Devon Achane day two next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The depth this team has is pretty amazing.  And we need every bit of it because this team feels like it's jinxed when it comes to injuries.

I don't see many talking aboout this. The amount of quality depth from last year to this year is nothing short of remarkable!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Mike White developing into even a middle of the road starter over the next 5+ years would be a big Cinderella story.

Not as big a Cinderella story as an unheard of 6th round QB thrown into action thanks to a monstrous hit by Mo Lewis who then goes on to win 6 Super Bowls and become the GOAT at the QB position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

-- The quarterback that the Jets have "finally got" has started 4 NFL games.  Time to pump the breaks a little bit on that.

Why?  We'll all surely react accordingly if he starts stinking up the joint to a Zach Wilson level, be assured.

Till then, why not enjoy it.  Last week was one of the very few well-QB's games we've seen in recent years, it's exciting.  

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

-- Michael Carter is fine and might even play this week.

He's fragile.  That worries me about his future career path and reliability.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

-- James Washington is a wide receiver. James Robinson will still be in our running back rotation depending on matchups, but may be running behind Bam right now.

More Knight = Good.  He earned some more carries last week IMO.

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

-- The allusion to the Matt Forte era as the "glory days" is a new one, even here

LOL, 2015 is the only "glory" this franchise has provided since the 1997-2010 period where the Jets were mostly not the SOJ most years (7 playoff years in 14 seasons, 11 of those 14 seasons with winning or .500 records).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warfish said:

Why?  We'll all surely react accordingly if he starts stinking up the joint to a Zach Wilson level, be assured.

Till then, why not enjoy it.  Last week was one of the very few well-QB's games we've seen in recent years, it's exciting.  

He's fragile.  That worries me about his future career path and reliability.

More Knight = Good.  He earned some more carries last week IMO.

LOL, 2015 is the only "glory" this franchise has provided since the 1997-2010 period where the Jets were mostly not the SOJ most years (7 playoff years in 14 seasons, 11 of those 14 seasons with winning or .500 records).

No reason not to be excited and hopeful about White.  I am.  I hope he's the next Tony Romo or Kirk Cousins.

But to speak in conclusory terms about the Jets having "got our QB" is hilarious.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not as big a Cinderella story as an unheard of 6th round QB thrown into action thanks to a monstrous hit by Mo Lewis who then goes on to win 6 Super Bowls and become the GOAT at the QB position. 

And if you think that Mike White comes close to accomplishing 1/100th of what Brady has, well, more power to you.

You guys are setting yourselves up to be blasted in the balls.

If Mike White starts the rest of the way and makes it clear that he should be the Jets QB of the future, then that’s awesome.

But you’re kidding yourself if you think that the odds even remotely favor it.

The most likely Jets starting QB in 2023 is someone like Jimmy Garoppolo or Derek Carr.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...