Congrats to G. Wilson - All Time Jets Rookie WR

Funny to think back to when we drafted him, I wasn’t all that excited. I just didn’t see any elite skills or traits. But as it turns out he’s really good at everything - route running, moves, hands, speed. And his best skill is his ability to get open.

He’s a potential 90 catch/1500 yard/ 10 TD receiver. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Funny to think back to when we drafted him, I wasn’t all that excited. I just didn’t see any elite skills or traits. But as it turns out he’s really good at everything - route running, moves, hands, speed. And his best skill is his ability to get open.

I think this says it best.  You don't notice the one elite trait because he's borderline elite at everything.  

Great pick.  

• Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

i think his comp is actually Stefon Diggs. similar game.

What’s amazing is that Wilson has done this in 13 games and 7(?) were with Zach under center throwing 150 yard games. 

I just hope we, as fans, can manage our expectations moving forward. Not every draft is going to be like this year’s with an 80% hit rate or whatever. 

• Upvote 1