Saleh

It was the wrong move. At the time it didn't seem like a bad idea to anybody though. We were all discussing whether Flacco or Streveler should start (With the exception of a few people). Mike White didn't have a great TC, and his previous game he played in he threw an INT once every 3 passes. Flacco was much more enticing at the time.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bryce Huff needs to be on the field more

He just wins his 1 on 1’s seemingly every time 

thats probably because hes not on the field that much and his legs are fresher. i believe thats the main reason we do this rotation. whatever it is its works

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

thats probably because hes not on the field that much and his legs are fresher. i believe thats the main reason we do this rotation. whatever it is its works

I think it's more because he doesn't play the run well.  So he comes in on passing downs - but is a liability against the run.

But he is a damn good pass rusher though.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s on Saleh for not calling a TO on 4th and 1

Tony Romo was announcing to the world how they were gonna bait the Jets into jumping offside 

Everyone knew it except CJ Mosley apparently 

A coach should not have to call TO to tell a veteran like Mosley - the leader of the defense and a captain - to not jump offsides. That is squarely on Mosley, not Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is the point of this thread that Mike White was good today?

Flacco is an old man and seems completely disinterested in playing football....  

But Flacco being awful does not mean Mike White was good.  

I thought Mike White was good. The two 3rd down conversions on that TD drive were special throws.  He made a bunch of great throws today.  The turnovers by Flacco and Carter obviously weren't his fault and he was driving the team both times, especially when Carter fumbled. The Mosely play was just like a turnover as well.  You can't beat a good team on the road with losing the turnover battle that badly.  In addition, he showed great toughness by coming back twice after getting rocked, especially the 2nd time after possibly breaking some ribs.  He played well enough to win, in my opinion, against arguably the best team in the league.  My main concern with him is durability, as he has gotten knocked out of several of the few games he's started so far, but when he's out there I think he's been very good.

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gave 3 starts to Joe Flacco this year despite Mike White being on this team.

White had a bad camp and the discussion on this board ( and I’m sure at One Jets Dr) was whether to keep White or Streveler as the third QB. And everyone was raving about how great Flacco looked after Wilson was injured. This post is pure 20/20 hindsight. I would have played White over Flacco only because the Jets needed to develop a QB and Flacco had absolutely no future. 

Just now, docdhc said:

I thought Mike White was good. The two 3rd down conversions on that TD drive were special throws.  He made a bunch of great throws today.  The turnovers by Flacco and Carter obviously weren't his fault and he was driving the team both times, especially when Carter fumbled. The Mosely play was just like a turnover as well.  You can't beat a good team on the road with losing the turnover battle that badly.  In addition, he showed great toughness by coming back twice after getting rocked, especially the 2nd time after possibly breaking some ribs.  He played well enough to win, in my opinion, against arguably the best team in the league.  My main concern with him is durability, as he has gotten knocked out of several of the few games he's started so far, but when he's out there I think he's been very good.

They scored 10 points.  Mike White had a nice drive today.  No doubt.  Made some nice throws, managed the offense

But even the worst QB in football, Zach Wilson, put together nice drives....

Scoring 10 points in an NFL game football isn't enough.

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

White had a bad camp and the discussion on this board ( and I’m sure at One Jets Dr) was whether to keep White or Streveler as the third QB. And everyone was raving about how great Flacco looked after Wilson was injured. This post is pure 20/20 hindsight. I would have played White over Flacco only because the Jets needed to develop a QB and Flacco had absolutely no future. 

No it isn't.  I 100% wanted Mike White to be the week 1 starter.

2 examples:

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s 2 weeks from being exposed as a snake oil salesman bullsh*tter that ruined the #2 pick in the draft. 

If he loses to Dan Campbell I think JD starts to look around.  

You mean the Dan Campbell that has won something like 5 of his last 6 with the only loss being to Buffalo in a nail biter on Thanksgiving? Seriously? 

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

He’s 2 weeks from being exposed as a snake oil salesman bullsh*tter that ruined the #2 pick in the draft. 

If he loses to Dan Campbell I think JD starts to look around.  

agreed.  I think a lot of this season success came from players who didn't need much of their coaching Sauce, Breece, GW, Clemons, Bam, Q, Reed, Joyner

and in times when he has to coach a player up they have bailed Zach Wilson, Bryce Hall, Pinnock (9 tckles today), Mims, Davis, Nas, Marshall

The Zach thing in 1st couple games was baffling and not really doing anything about Becton in offseason was as well and when I say anything I mean like keep tabs on somewhat.  How hard would it have been to get an idea of his weight prior to draft.

19 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Saleh has done a solid job overall.

I agree. It’s always difficult to evaluate in season especially after losing 2 tight games in a row but at the beginning of the year we all would have been happy with a 7-6 record and the playoffs in reach at this point of the season. Last year we were mostly non competitive and this year we are In every game with chances to win. This is the progression we were looking for and that’s how Saleh should be judged. Next year a higher standard may apply. 

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

They scored 10 points.  Mike White had a nice drive today.  No doubt.  Made some nice throws, managed the offense

But even the worst QB in football, Zach Wilson, put together nice drives....

Scoring 10 points in an NFL game football isn't enough.

Nothing personal, but I've taken it as my personal mission to refute ANY attempts to compare what White has brought to this team with what Wilson did(n't) . . .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Gave 3 starts to Joe Flacco this year despite Mike White being on this team.

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

its really puzzling, and also never went to White in the Patriots game despite complete and utter loss of trust in ZW and basically gave that game up

Absolutely the biggest blemishes of his short tenure.

• Upvote 1