Anyone else finding it tough to watch the game tonight?

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

The only thing keeping me interested is that if they lose tonight, they still have a decent shot at the playoffs if Mike White returns for the last two games. I'm not expecting the Jets to win tonight. Lawrence is sizzling hot and the Jets go into the game essentially without a QB. The defense and special teams will have to play perfectly, and the D will have to force some turnovers for a change, for the Jets to have any chance. 

Mike White is a fun story and I appreciate his heart and effort. Mike White is 1-2. Lets pump the brakes. He isn't our guy moving into the future. 

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Of course it is an anti Wilson post. And no I get super excited for every game but a game like tonight that has meaningful playoff implications? I am ultra excited. Aren't we fans of the Jets? Seems people are too wrapped around Whites balls to remember  that

If you aren't excited to watch the Jets in the middle of a playoff push in December, a spot we haven't been in in a long time, then you have more invested in individual players than the team as the coaches construct it. I would be just as pumped with MFW playing as I am with Zach playing. MFW would be a little less stressful tonight though. I guess some fans? would rather watch a 4-10 team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.

It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.

Anyone else feel this way?

I have a very simple solution to your problem:

34FBEECC-F4F1-45D1-BE07-31D71D41439D.thumb.jpeg.8bf94ac6233ba839253d7d8491ab9617.jpeg3880B7C7-A969-4808-BBDE-8701357FF9B5.gif.284ce53e37ef26e6b9841ed525f62547.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I have to be honest.  Even though the Jets lost 2 of White’s 3 starts, I really enjoyed watching the games.  It was a breath of fresh air to see the QB move the team and hit both easy and some difficult passes with accuracy and rhythm.

It’s become really tough for me to watch Wilson play.  This isn’t an anti-Wilson post; he is doing his best and likely has issues that run far deeper than ‘his mechanics’.  I’ll be rooting for him even if I find it hard to watch this current version of him.

Seems to me like a microcosm of 95% of the Jet QB play I have been watching since Richard Todd up to now, just very far and few with consistency. Maybe the 1 year with Vinny T. in 1998 and 1-2 year with Chad P. Any other years even with Sanchez and other times were inconsistent QB play but very good D and running play.

The reason why people aren't excited is bc of the QB. We all know where this game is most likely headed and its not positive for the Jets. We're anticipating impending doom.  Some of you guys have blind loyalty and only see the positive and that's fine. It's also fine to be pessimistic about a franchise that has constantly fumbled the QB position and is on the verge of a major collapse.

Maybe Wilson will surprise me and play great but I don't think that's a likely scenario. In order to win the special teams and defense have to make a couple of game changing plays. You can call me cynical but this franchise has proven to underwhelm and disappoint year after year. My cynical attitude is way less ridiculous than your positive everything will be fine attitude just based on team history. 

I hope they win and I hope Wilson plays well enough to get it done but I don't have confidence in either. 

5 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

There is a difference.  With MW I am hoping he makes plays, with ZW I am hoping he doesn't  screw up. It's  really not that enjoyable but I'm here watching.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

The reason why people aren't excited is bc of the QB. We all know where this game is most likely headed and its not positive for the Jets. We're anticipating impending doom.  Some of you guys have blind loyalty and only see the positive and that's fine. It's also fine to be pessimistic about a franchise that has constantly fumbled the QB position and is on the verge of a major collapse.

Maybe Wilson will surprise me and play great but I don't think that's a likely scenario. In order to win the special teams and defense have to make a couple of game changing plays. You can call me cynical but this franchise has proven to underwhelm and disappoint year after year. My cynical attitude is way less ridiculous than your positive everything will be fine attitude just based on team history. 

I hope they win and I hope Wilson plays well enough to get it done but I don't have confidence in either. 

Bump