Does 9-8 Get it done?

hawk

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Mathematically yes the Jets can do it, but need lots of help. Kinda like 2009. 

The titans losing today is huge. We’re actually ahead of them. I saw this posted on Twitter but seems about right…outside of it not mentioning that the jags need to win the division.

this gets very interesting if Green Bay can win vs Miami, especially if white can make it back for next week.

E4A399BD-D15B-4F9D-842E-788229DCEEE9.jpeg

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The titans losing today is huge. We’re actually ahead of them. I saw this posted on Twitter but seems about right…

this gets very interesting if Green Bay can win vs Miami, especially if white can make it back for next week.

9E351B7F-4CF8-4E04-BEA5-348F408A607B.jpeg

The team and this board will have some serious juice if Mike White wins an elimination game in Miami.

But I’m not betting the rent on it.

Simplest way the Jets make the playoffs:

The Jets win the final two games

NE loses one more game; (Dolphins or Bills)

*Miami loses to the Packers;

Raiders lose one of their last 3 games.

*If Miami beats the Packers root for NE to beat Miami next week then lose to Bills.

There are other scenarios but this is the most likely.

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Simplest way the Jets make the playoffs:

The Jets win the final two game;

NE loses one more game; (Dolphins or Bills)

*Miami loses to the Packers;

If Miami beats the Packers root for NE to beat Miami next then lose to Bills.

There are other scenarios but this is the most likely.

Problem is, do the bills have anything to play for in week 18? 

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Problem is, so the bills have anything to play for in week 18? 

Yes. Root for the Chiefs next week. Currently they both are tied for the top seed. The Bills win the tie breaker. If the Chiefs keep winning the Bills must win out to get the top seed bye and home field. That is very important to them

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, extmenace said:

The titans losing today is huge. We’re actually ahead of them. I saw this posted on Twitter but seems about right…outside of it not mentioning that the jags need to win the division.

When the Raiders blow  it tonight and Aaron Rodgers goes nuts tomorrow, is that how we get sucked back in?

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:46 PM, doitny said:

we lose the tiebreaker with the chargers too. so they would have to lose all 3 games. 

the only chance is a Jax loss, Miami lose to GB. or NE can beat Miami but then they have to lose the other 2. 

yeah its a long shot

Don’t worry about Jax, they likely win their division with Titans in s free fall.

• Upvote 1

I'll start by saying it's a long shot.
I do not see Jacksonville losing, therefore it's the Chargers, Miami and New England imploding.
New England may lose out with their schedule. 
If Miami loses to Green Bay,  Beats New England we play them for a shot to get in.
Chargers, I don't see them losing out either, but how many loses do we need to pass them?  2 or 3?
Bottom line, Jets blew it!

The probability of the Jets finishing 9-8 at this point are the same as Judge NOT being on PEDs

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

When the Raiders blow  it tonight and Aaron Rodgers goes nuts tomorrow, is that how we get sucked back in?

Yup.

I think there is 1 more kick in the nuts for us this year, but can you just imagine a win and your in against the fish and mw pulls it off?

4 hours ago, extmenace said:

PATRIOTS: Not sure if the Bills will need the game against the Pats.  Maybe for the #1 seed.  If the Bills need the game then I like our chances.

DOLPHINS: That Packer game tomorrow is going to be huge.  The Packers do need the game.  We've got a shot.

RAIDERS: They have a brutal schedule.  I like our chances here.

image.png.1b90516b898f2cc343a274ff7660be9a.png