<<< Official Christmas Football Sunday Thread >>>

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

that ship has sailed. he has no arm. but he can be a backup and get some wildcats.

Flacco's ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean!  Strev may not be great but I'd still go with him over Flacco.  At least he actually looks like he wants to play.

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

28 minutes ago, Larz said:

Weird how many defenses copied his game plan   You should apply lol 

They were the better team today," Mahomes told reporters. "They beat us pretty good, the worst I think I've been beaten in a long time. They took away our deep stuff. They took away the sidelines, and they did a good job of rallying to the football and making tackles. 

He was being gracious. Now read the statements Brady made after losing big games. It was never the opponent. It was always "we didn't play well."  Mahomes was running for his life that day with the starting LT and RG out from injuries in playoff games and Mahomes had turf toe.  

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Let's make it clear, the way the Jets have played they 100% do not deserve to be in the playoffs but when things all go your way you can't look a gift horse in the mouth.  At least we have life. 

If you qualify, you deserve it (unless you are gifted a win).  With the expanded playoffs, there are a few teams that will make it when they are not playoff worthy.  I would have kept the playoffs at 6 teams, but $$$$$$ is a drug for the NFL owners. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Flacco's ship has sunk to the bottom of the ocean!  Strev may not be great but I'd still go with him over Flacco.  At least he actually looks like he wants to play.

If White can't go I think it's Flacco with a heavy dose of the Strev package

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He was being gracious. Now read the statements Brady made after losing big games. It was never the opponent. It was always "we didn't play well."  Mahomes was running for his life that day with the starting LT and RG out from injuries in playoff games and Mahomes had turf toe.  

Before I post a bunch of articles that clearly support my statement, are you a Bowles hater or could you actually admit his game plan was the difference?

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

If White can't go I think it's Flacco with a heavy dose of the Strev package

That should have been the call against the Lions. 

If Flacco plays again this year, then why didn't he play against the Lions? Bringing Zach back was the worst possible thing they could have done (assuming Flacco can play).

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I argue that the phins QB position is actually worse than the Jets because Tua is the latest entry into QB Purgatory with guys like Cousins, Carr, DaneRuss, etc

At least the Jets know they don't have their QB on the roster and won't really be questioned for jettisoning Zach. 

LOL, not even close.

Tua may have crapped the bed today, but he's still putting up a very GOOD season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Before I post a bunch of articles that clearly support my statement, are you a Bowles hater or could you actually admit his game plan was the difference?

He's a good DC.  I think he's a terrible HC.  Not a hater.  I'm not denying he had a good game plan, but its success was aided tremendously by the banged up KC OL.  I was talking about that game yesterday with my brother and son and nephew and we all remember it well and have the same recollection.  That game affirmed Mahomes' greatness because he had no time to throw and it was mainly because of the patchwork OL.  

9 minutes ago, Larz said:

It's always black and white......it can't be Bowles is a great coordinator and bad coach it's just Bowles sucks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He's a good DC.  I think he's a terrible HC.  Not a hater.  I'm not denying he had a good game plan, but its success was aided tremendously by the banged up KC OL.  I was talking about that game yesterday with my brother and son and nephew and we all remember it well and have the same recollection.  That game affirmed Mahomes' greatness because he had no time to throw and it was mainly because of the patchwork OL.  

False. Bowles is top 3 DC and Mahomes ran for 497 yards behind the los (that’s actually a real stat I didn’t make it up) and had no one to throw to. He had no one to throw to because the chiefs played the safeties super deep and had a lurker underneath

Reid didn’t adjust. The quick pressure can be attributed to the line, having no one to throw to is Bowles out coaching Reid. 

Andy Reid: "Give credit to Todd for the job that he did. He got us."

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Wow. Dolphins imploded. 

Everything outside of our game went our way. It’s really a shame that we couldn’t have won ONE of these last 4 games. and yet, we still have a non-negligible shot. Wild season. 

It’s maddening: just one more win lol

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Broncos get:

• QB Russell Wilson
  • 2022 fourth-round pick

Seahawks get:

• QB Drew Lock
  • DT Shelby Harris
  • TE Noah Fant
  • 2022 first-round pick
  • 2022 second-round pick
  • 2022 fifth-round pick
  • 2023 first-round pick
  • 2023 second-round pick

You left out the insane contract they gave him too that makes uncuttable and untradable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Coquito said:

That should have been the call against the Lions. 

If Flacco plays again this year, then why didn't he play against the Lions? Bringing Zach back was the worst possible thing they could have done (assuming Flacco can play).

Bc the front office was dictating everything bc they would rather prove themselves right then get to the playoffs. It would not shock me if they forced Wilson out there again to be honest. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1