Costello: White cleared, will start Sunday

dbatesman

15 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I didnt watch the presser yet, so hesitant to even make this criticism but why even give the media that?  Just say, I'm not thinking about next year right now, we're trying to beat Seattle?  

He was probably asked about it, but Saleh is so bad with the media it wouldn’t surprise me if he just said it lol 

3 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'd seriously consider making Streveler the back up and Flacco the emergency QB. While Streveler is not a starting QB, he does offer a boost when he comes in because he is not Zach Wilson or Joe Flacco. He can keep the chains moving.

They eliminated the Emergency QB rule about 10 years ago.    They just changed it to allow 46 to dress.  So there's no more 'if he comes in the other can't go out' kinda stuff...   If they want them both to dress, they are 3/46

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_quarterback_rule#:~:text=The third quarterback rule was,to dress for a game.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I didnt watch the presser yet, so hesitant to even make this criticism but why even give the media that?  Just say, I'm not thinking about next year right now, we're trying to beat Seattle?  

Eh. He was asked if Mike White had a chance to cement his status as starter next year or something and he said one day at a time. We’re always taking things day to day. Blablabla etc etc

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If Zach looks ok in practice and meetings I’d activate him as backup. He’s never gone into a game as a reliever and if needed with his long game potential could he bring us back in a close game. He actually did vs Detroit. If better clock management more time to finish that drive at least a shorter FG attempt. That was a week ago. 

Go away

• Haha 1

Just now, tdoublee said:

Am I the only one that feels like this is going to be a big let down? I hope MFW can pull this off but we are asking a lot of him coming off of the injury.

I'm not expecting much, so can't really be let down. It would be nice to extend the season by another week, but I'm getting flashbacks to 2008. The Jets collapsed that year, then went into Seattle in the second to last week, trying to save the season. Predictably the team never showed up and got pelted with snowballs as they left the field. It remains one of the most painful Jets losses.

We ended that season losing to Miami as well, just to complete the misery. 

Good luck to the team on Sunday, but I think Pete Carroll will have too much nous on the sideline. 

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Wut. You can’t lose a special team’s player to make Zach active lol. He’s going to be inactive.  He’ll never play again for the jets. Saleh hates him lol 

I would have strev play special teams these couple games and keep him activated for qb run game. I like Zach at number 2 I don’t wanna see Flacco for nothing out there other than the case MW can’t play and Zach sh*ts the bed in an emergency. Last option Flacco comes in for Zach 

We are all going to be super pumped up for the Seattle game. My hunch is we come up short..either at the hands of Geno and his Seahawk team out west ..or the following week vs the Fins.  However, it will be Jan 2023…and we have a shot.  Who would have “thunk it” before the season began.  

5 minutes ago, gdfodder said:

Glad your optimistic, because I was confused when watching the games against minnie and the jills. Thought there would be a moving of heaven and earth due to the hype.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

We lost by 1 score to the #2 seed in the NFC and #1 seed in the AFC in consecutive weeks with a flattened MW getting scraped off the field, reinflated, and sent back in twice in the latter contest.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

If it’s any consolation. Heard he was harder on himself than any outside noise was after that lions game 

It’s not.  He simply has been out coached by BB, Pedersen, and he has made bad decisions at critical times.   You are or you aren’t qualified, being sorry doesn’t help us. 

10 minutes ago, ZachStepdad said:

I would have strev play special teams these couple games and keep him activated for qb run game. I like Zach at number 2 I don’t wanna see Flacco for nothing out there other than the case MW can’t play and Zach sh*ts the bed in an emergency. Last option Flacco comes in for Zach 

Again you’re costing a valuable special team player for some fantasy that Zach isn’t done forever.  3 QBs is too many but Strev averaged 6 yards a carry so that’s ok. 

4 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Playoffs are back on the menu!!!

Again. We are dumb. Has Mike White proven he can win games on his own? Offensive line is terrible. Running game is terrible. And the dumb ass talk that the offensive line didn’t play as hard for Zach is just idiocy. It’s the same line that got MW nearly killed twice, in the first place. And I am sorry but we have the most overrated defense in the NFL. Plus terrible special teams and coaching. But yeah woohoo! Mike White can play every position and coach at the same time as he gets destroyed in the pocket and we make the playoffs? And our backup plan is Joe Flacco? Pathetic. Merry Mike f’n White Christmas.  

• Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1