Costello: White cleared, will start Sunday

dbatesman

32 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

so at the time I didn't really buy the theory that he wasn't being cleared in order to get Wilson back on the field but now.... idk man. 

Silly me for underestimating the cynicism of an NFL organization.

Nobody wanted Mike White to play more than the team. The supposed “conspiracy” was a load of sh*t. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

There's just no way he's 100%.  I'm sure Mike White signed off on playing. PURE GUTS.  So here's the game plan. Score fast and furious. Go up 35 by halftime and sit Mike White the 2nd half.  Seahawks come back to tie and Mike White, wearing his Mighty mouse outfit comes in with 2:00 minutes to score the winning TD. 

mighty-mouse-terrytoons.jpg

Or if they get a big lead, let Strevler run run run

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

so at the time I didn't really buy the theory that he wasn't being cleared in order to get Wilson back on the field but now.... idk man. 

Silly me for underestimating the cynicism of an NFL organization.

The timeline for rib fractures is 2-4 weeks. Seattle game will be 3 weeks 

19 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

And he still played the 2nd half?!

Yeah it’s just a rumor. At the end of the first half he got tackled and the back of his helmet bounced off the turf. The 4th quarter was really not like him at all. Kinda adds up 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

This is such a bull crap take. It’s based on nothing except draft position bias.

If MW had started the games Zach did and played just as badly, but now came back from an injury after starting 2-3 games all year, you would never say he needed to win these next two games or that they would make or break his chances to start next season.

Yes so if Mike White puts up 27+ points in each game and has no more than 1 turnover and the Jets lose does not want to hear about White again........And the bad defense argument again, somehow i am pretty sure he will put up more points than Zach and his 17 against the vaunted Lions defense that just got raked for 37 by the Darnold lead Panthers and the robust 3 point explosive against the Jags.........

• Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Nobody wanted Mike White to play more than the team. The supposed “conspiracy” was a load of sh*t. 

I hope so! Like I said, I thought that was the case but getting cleared Monday morning when he couldn't play 72 hours prior and Zach pissing his pants on national tv.. just gave me pause.

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saw that last night

Looked worse than the play that knocked Corey Davis out 

Just watched the press conference. He said on the second pick he may have called the wrong play but he’s not sure. 

id be surprised if this story doesn’t start to grow to where the dolphins have to address 

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

Yes so if Mike White puts up 27+ points in each game and has no more than 1 turnover and the Jets lose does not want to hear about White again........And the bad defense argument again, somehow i am pretty sure he will put up more points than Zach and his 17 against the vaunted Lions defense that just got raked for 37 by the Darnold lead Panthers and the robust 3 point explosive against the Jags.........

You do realize the Panthers ran for 320 yards against the Lions , the Jets 50 . 

• Ugh 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

You do realize the Panthers ran for 320 yards against the Lions , the Jets 50 . 

You do realize that Bam with White at QB was 46-230 for a 5.0 YPC and with Zach the last 2 games 19-21 and 1.1 YPC......Amazing how the OL seems like an average OL with White and the worst ever with Zach......Coincidence? or maybe they stacked the hell out of the box facing the worst rated QB in the league.....

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

You do realize that Bam with White at QB was 46-230 for a 5.0 YPC and with Zach the last 2 games 19-21 and 1.1 YPC......Amazing how the OL seems like an average OL with White and the worst ever with Zach......Coincidence? or maybe they stacked the hell out of the box facing the worst rated QB in the league.....

Hmm why was MW sitting out the past two weeks , must have been that stellar Oline . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, 56mehl56 said:

Hmm why was MW sitting out the past two weeks , must have been that stellar Oline . 

Explain how the Jets averaged 5.0 YPC, pretty good for a supposed terrible OL that also somehow produced an average of over 420 YPG with with games of 488 and 466......Must have fared OK to do that......Seems a competent QB might make a difference........Again you use stellar i said average but hey keep thinking Zach is the answer, now a 4th string QB....;)

• Upvote 1