Costello: White cleared, will start Sunday

dbatesman

1 hour ago, BP said:

The defense is a little concerning to me. The Jets were getting burned the last two games with crossing patterns all day long when they were in man to man coverage. It took them forever to figure out they had to switch to zone to cover that. 

noticed Sauce playing outside leverage playing man on the big TE gain. I mean Sauce is long but Sauce is going against a bigger TE, that TE is going to get an easy inside release. Typically if any, you concede the outside release w man 

7 hours ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

You do realize that Bam with White at QB was 46-230 for a 5.0 YPC and with Zach the last 2 games 19-21 and 1.1 YPC......Amazing how the OL seems like an average OL with White and the worst ever with Zach......Coincidence? or maybe they stacked the hell out of the box facing the worst rated QB in the league.....

Maybe the OL wanted the Jags DL to make Vanilla Cream soda out of Zach. 

image.png.594b883e4297381c75dd9c88756737bd.png

9 hours ago, JiFields said:

Winning New York Jets GIF by SportsManias

Mike White is gonna play! Mike White is gonna play!  There goes Mike White throwing the ball. The fans go nuts dancing in the aisles. 

Elijah Moore for 90  TD

Garret Wilson for 140 TD

Bam for 45 TD

Uzamoh for 50 TD

Corey Davis for 75 TD

Conklin for 30 TD

After the game, Zach finds the winning TD ball and asks Mike White for his autograph.

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Elijah Moore for 40 yards (leaves 25 more on the field from running backward)

Garret Wilson for 140 2 TD

Bam for 67 TD

Uzomah for 25

Davis out after 1 play

Conklin for 30

Brought those stats down to Earth

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Cheerleading wont help.  Watching Saleh cheer like a fan while he can’t manage a clock is one of the reasons we are here.  Hes been out coached many times this year. 

He wouldn’t have had to manage the clock in such an awkward position if Zach didn’t suck balls.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Saleh doesn't look like a guy whose team has lost 4 straight.

salehHappy.png.8260171bcf48d768182bd72246166db8.png

Yeah he was finally able to bench ZW for the year. He probably wanted to start Flacco over ZW last week. The poor guy knows ZW is a dud but got forced to give him one more shot.

39 minutes ago, ECURB said:

He wouldn’t have had to manage the clock in such an awkward position if Zach didn’t suck balls.

Nice soundbite and I get you but that's BS.  Clock management is and has been for ever a crucial part of the game.

How much tome to leave the opponent, how to use timeouts, whether to throw the red flag and risk a time out.

Name ONED good HC that managed the clock poorly.   Herm was awful at it.

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Nice soundbite and I get you but that's BS.  Clock management is and has been for ever a crucial part of the game.

How much tome to leave the opponent, how to use timeouts, whether to throw the red flag and risk a time out.

Name ONED good HC that managed the clock poorly.   Herm was awful at it.

In their 2nd year? A lot of them even the best.

heck even Belichick was still making mistakes in 2016 and beyond…

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/bill-belichick-clock-management-mistake-patriots-jets-score

Nice sound bite to try and take away my point though… ???‍♂️

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Currently watching the elite Justin Herbert struggle to put up 20 points against a dead Colts team that gifted the Chargers three INTs, and it makes me wonder if Mike White critics watch any teams other than the Jets. 

Chargers/Colts did serve as a tremendous sleep aide. Put it on in the 2nd quarter, woke up to some lady interviewing Herbert post game, turned back over. 

17 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

This isn't about Zach its about the over rated expectations of Pro bowl QB Mike White

Who's saying pro-bowl?

I think most of the people on the board are saying that White gives us a better chance of making the playoffs than BYU (thanks @jgb, I'm running with that moniker moving forward). The offense has looked much better overall with Any Other QB, and more so White.

We'll see what he can do in the two last games (and hopefully they have the red zone game plan figured out).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/bill-belichick-clock-management-mistake-patriots-jets-score

We disagree.  By the time you are at a HS level of coaching, you should manage a clock better.  To get a HS HC job, youve proven yourself worthy. College? Exceptional. Pro's?   Shouldn't be a discussion but with too many Jets coaches it is. Rah Rah coaches. Herm, Rex, Saleh. Of course we all make mistakes but all year last year and much of this year, Saleh is cheerleading and not managing the game.  I hate BB but when was the last time he was outcoached on strategy?   Don't say last week on that errant play. The player admitted he went against BB and threw that backward pass.

1 hour ago, ECURB said:

Belichick most overrated coach ever.  Tom Brady made his career as a head coach

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We disagree.  By the time you are at a HS level of coaching, you should manage a clock better.  To get a HS HC job, youve proven yourself worthy. College? Exceptional. Pro's?   Shouldn't be a discussion but with too many Jets coaches it is. Rah Rah coaches. Herm, Rex, Saleh. Of course we all make mistakes but all year last year and much of this year, Saleh is cheerleading and not managing the game.  I hate BB but when was the last time he was outcoached on strategy?   Don't say last week on that errant play. The player admitted he went against BB and threw that backward pass.

That’s why I cited an actual article to help battle your feelings.

On 12/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, ECURB said:

That’s why I cited an actual article to help battle your feelings.

These writers are a bunch of light weight kids who majored in journalism/communication.  They haven't accomplished jack shlt and I don't give a fukk what they think.  Give me Parcells/Tomlin type coaches over Rex and Saleh all day.  Saleh's motto... All emotion/no clock.

Seriously, ever meet one of these sports writers?  They chose one of  the easiest routes in college, 90 percent couldn't play badminton and are about 5'9.  

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

These writers are a bunch of light weight kids who majored in journalism/communication.  They haven't accomplished jack shlt and I don't give a fukk what they think.  Give me Parcells/Tomlin type coaches over Rex and Saleh all day.  Saleh's motto... All emotion/no clock.

Seriously, ever meet one of these sports writers?  The chose one of  the easiest routes in college, 90 percent couldn't play badminton and are about 5'9.  

I would definitely trust the dude from JNs feelings over a literal fact reported on… ??‍♂️

On 12/27/2022 at 8:13 AM, ECURB said:

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

What fact?

The literal bad clock management from a HOF coach.

Seriously, ever meet one of these sports writers?  The chose one of  the easiest routes in college, 90 percent couldn't play badminton and are about 5'9.  
What does the height have to do with anything?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1