Costello: White cleared, will start Sunday

dbatesman

Just now, gdfodder said:

Yes, those things all account for something in the win column.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Nope. But losing by one score to great teams does account for something in the optimism column, however.

Personally, I don’t think we make the playoffs (odds still below 50%) but MW’s last two appearances he gave the class of the NFL all they could handle so I choose to go along for the ride this week.

• Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Here we go again with QB wins and losses rather than team wins and losses. What if White throws for 350 yards and 4 Tds and the Jets lost 38-35 because the defense and special teams blow the game? What if he has a great game and the Jets are ahead 31-27 with 1:30 left and the defense lets the Seahawks march down  the field for the winning score. What if Jets receivers drop two sure TD passes?  What if.....

Ok barring a miracle scenario where the very good jets defense gives up 35 points to geno Smith without Lockett, I don't want to hear about Mike White being the answer. 

Especially from the same people that kept saying we would have won all these games if he started over Wilson. 

8 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Again. We are dumb. Has Mike White proven he can win games on his own? Offensive line is terrible. Running game is terrible. And the dumb ass talk that the offensive line didn’t play as hard for Zach is just idiocy. It’s the same line that got MW nearly killed twice, in the first place. And I am sorry but we have the most overrated defense in the NFL. Plus terrible special teams and coaching. But yeah woohoo! Mike White can play every position and coach at the same time as he gets destroyed in the pocket and we make the playoffs? And our backup plan is Joe Flacco? Pathetic. Merry Mike f’n White Christmas.  

How is this cheaters fan not banned yet ?

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

Am I the only one that feels like this is going to be a big let down? I hope MFW can pull this off but we are asking a lot of him coming off of the injury.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

White/Jets havent played great the last 2 outings with White, hope all works out but I’m not gonna bet the ranch.  

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Here we go again with QB wins and losses rather than team wins and losses.

What if White throws for 350 yards and 4 Tds and the Jets lost 38-35 because the defense and special teams blow the game? Then MW deserves the L. He failed to score more points against their defense than they scored against ours. Clearly MW shoulda thrown for 450 yards and FIVE TDs!

What if he has a great game and the Jets are ahead 31-27 with 1:30 left and the defense lets the Seahawks march down  the field for the winning score. Same answer. MW needs to do enough to win, regardless of when points are scored!

What if Jets receivers drop two sure TD passes?  Then MW should have attended the Joe Flacco QB School of catchable footballs! Elijah Moore is a happy client!

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Bet you think Zach Wilson “won” 5 games 

Wins and losses all that matters, brah.

Quincey Carter is the best QB in Jets history. Not only was he 2-1 but has the highest QB rating of any Jets QB credited with either a W or L.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

White/Jets havent played great the last 2 outings with White, hope all works out but I’m not gonna bet the ranch.  

One Berrios catch with the ball in his chest and that narrative changes dramatically.  

White played well that day against a solid team, on the road.  The defense not so much.

• Upvote 1

It is really going to be interesting to see how this team comes out on Sunday.

if they have juice and the ol plays better than that  is twice this season following benching Zach.

coincidence maybe but I am really starting to think along the lines of @T0mShane that there is more to this than just Zach’s play on the field.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

One Berrios catch with the ball in his chest and that narrative changes dramatically.  

White played well that day against a solid team, on the road.  The defense not so much.

The defense is a little concerning to me. The Jets were getting burned the last two games with crossing patterns all day long when they were in man to man coverage. It took them forever to figure out they had to switch to zone to cover that. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BP said:

The defense is a little concerning to me. The Jets were getting burned the last two games with crossing patterns all day long when they were in man to man coverage. It took them forever to figure out they had to switch to zone to cover that. 

I’m not so much “blaming” the defense for the loss, mind you.  They’ve been great most of the year and an off-week here and there was to be expected.

Sometimes the better team just wins, especially at home.  Yet some here use that game as an indictment against Mike White.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, BP said:

The far bigger concern is that the Jets cannot create turnovers anymore.  Turnovers win or lose games the vast majority of the time.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

Again. We are dumb. Has Mike White proven he can win games on his own? Offensive line is terrible. Running game is terrible. And the dumb ass talk that the offensive line didn’t play as hard for Zach is just idiocy. It’s the same line that got MW nearly killed twice, in the first place. And I am sorry but we have the most overrated defense in the NFL. Plus terrible special teams and coaching. But yeah woohoo! Mike White can play every position and coach at the same time as he gets destroyed in the pocket and we make the playoffs? And our backup plan is Joe Flacco? Pathetic. Merry Mike f’n White Christmas.  

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I have made an internal list, and the doubters are all doomed.

If I may request, just make sure this one is at the top of the list.

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The far bigger concern is that the Jets cannot create turnovers anymore.  Turnovers win or lose games the vast majority of the time.

They created a turnover on the Jags first possession w/ the T. Law fumble.  The offense lost yardage and were gifted the only 3 points of the game.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, like 1 turnover in our 4 game losing streak, we are like 26th in turnover differential. 

True, just saying, when they finally did, they didnt do anything w/ it.  And I feel like they missed a bunch of opportunities w/ fumbles that didnt bounce their way and a few INT's that could have been had and not getting deflections, etc. anywho, I agree, more turnover.  Make Geno the guy he was here. 

• Sympathy 1

His stupid way of arguing Zach Wilson needs another season to suck
I think my new years eve contribution to this forum might be a compilation/summary of every post you've made since crawling out from whatever rock you were hiding under.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1