Cancel Bills Pats Game?????

15 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I'm a chiropractor.  Hence Chiro Rob   (name is Rob)

You go talk to 50 people a day about how they are feeling after having the most important person in your life die, it isn't that easy. 

No one claims it is and no one grieves the same way. All I am saying is unless your dad died in a freak chiropractic accident, it’s not the same. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Players have been speaking out publicly about playing next week. That people are more important than the game.

Life has it's priorities but what does "people are more important than..." really mean?   Everyone is going to die.  Some in work related accidents or other tragic ways.

It's only a game discounts the economic impact on thousands of players, coaches, stadium crews, vendors and other support groups that make a living and provide themselves and their families shelter, food and clothing, educational opprotunities and in many casses the health care sick and dying family members count on every day.   

There has to be prospective about life and responsibility to yourself, family, teammates, owners and everyone else who makes a living off of NFL football not to mention the millions entertained by it many of whom are alone and have very little else to look forward to on Sunday.

I feel terrible for what happened to Mr. Hamlin.   There has to be some perspective about what being a responsible adult is all about, including how we handle personal tradgedy.   I think this is a terrible look.  He's alive, getting great medical care and has his family around him.   Get back to work.  People's livelyhood are at stake.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Legitimate question.

Bob works for the Bergen Record newspaper in the mail room.    Bob gets his hand caught in a piece of equipment, his hand is ripped off, blood everywhere, and Bob almost dies.  It's bad.  Bob is screaming in pain, blood is everywhere, on the floor, on the equipment, his co workers are barely able to stop the bleeding enough to keep him alive until the ambulance gets there.

How long does the newspaper shut down for until all of the people in the mail room can effectively work again?

Just asking, because if you don't think industrial accidents happen...

True story: Last week, a 23 year woman who works in the electrical shop of my company chopped off two of her fingers on a table saw. One of our managers ran over to keep her from passing out, a second ran over with a plastic container to collect the two fingers to bring to the hospital. Once she was ushered into the car that rushed her to the hospital, we returned to work. The doctors were unable to reattach the fingers, and she will likely never be able to return to her job as a lighting tech as a result. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

True story: Last week, a 23 year woman who works in the electrical shop of my company chopped off two of her fingers on a table saw. One of our managers ran over to keep her from passing out, a second ran over with a plastic container to collect the two fingers to bring to the hospital. Once she was ushered into the car that rushed her to the hospital, we returned to work. The doctors were unable to reattach the fingers, and she will likely never be able to return to her job as a lighting tech as a result. 

Oh, the question is from my Dad, Bob, who worked for the Record for 40 years and saw something like that happen.

They cleaned up and went back to work.

And, that sucks for the woman, I by no means want to make light of that. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Life has it's priorities but what does "people are more important than..." really mean?   Everyone is going to die.  Some in work related accidents or other tragic ways.

It's only a game discounts the economic impact on thousands of players, coaches, stadium crews, vendors and other support groups that make a living and provide themselves and their families shelter, food and clothing, educational opprotunities and in many casses the health care sick and dying family members count on every day.   

There has to be prospective about life and responsibility to yourself, family, teammates, owners and everyone else who makes a living off of NFL football not to mention the millions entertained by it many of whom are alone and have very little else to look forward to on Sunday.

I feel terrible for what happened to Mr. Hamlin.   There has to be some perspective about what being a responsible adult is all about, including how we handle personal tradgedy.   I think this is a terrible look.  He's alive, getting great medical care and has his family around him.   Get back to work.  People's livelyhood are at stake.  

I would consider what Hamlin would want if he was able to contribute to the discussion ??? Anyone remember the Apollo 1 pad fire that killed White, Chaffee and Grissom ??? There were congressional investigations/hearings that followed.  Some calling for an end to the space program.  In one of the hearings, it was stated that White, Chaffee & Grissom were all well aware of the extreme dangers of their occupation, but none of them would ever want the program cancelled due to their accident. 

I understand that they ended the game with emotions being on the surface and the players probably all feeling vulnerable, but not rescheduling the game seems a bad choice.  

I think if Hamlin could answer now, he'd very much want the game to be played.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They all see the backlash to Skip Bayless and that idiot Bart Scott and overcorrect.

We haven’t even discovered what caused the emergency yet. Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers had heart conditions that were undiagnosed. The likelihood it’s that vs commo whatever is about the same I’d have to guess.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I watched a video where some dude was saying, “This young man is scheduled to make $825,000 this year, and if he can’t play again, that’ll be it for him. 24 years old” and I legit thought it was satire. Like, get out from behind a desk or a microphone and go talk to some working people. 

i saw that and thought he was referring to a scenario where he was permanently disabled and couldn't work anymore. 825k over 50 years doesn't spread out too well even with todays prices.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

9-11 had a one week postponement. For them to cancel this week would be very odd. 

9-11 was a marketing opportunity for the NFL.  It was a tradgedy for the victims but it was also an attack on our country.  National Unity and patriotism.  Rally around the flag.  This is a blow to NFL marketing.  

Agree they should get on with business as usual but I don't see the connection.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

i saw that and thought he was referring to a scenario where he was permanently disabled and couldn't work anymore. 825k over 50 years doesn't spread out too well even with todays prices.

Hell likely have a job for life with the league or the Bills god willing he recovers. Shazier works for the Steelers. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

9-11 was a marketing opportunity for the NFL.  National Unity and patriotism.  Rally around the flag.  This is a blow to NFL marketing.  

Agree they should get on with business as usual but I don't see the connection.  

Far greater events have occurred during the course of a season. That’s all really. Until we know what caused the heart attack it’s hard to see this a blow to the league, unless you already didn’t like the NFL.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

They vote on paying into a fund designated to help retired vets with medical issues in every CBA negotiation and the players vote it down every time. 

• Upvote 4
  • Ugh 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They vote on paying into a fund designated to help retired vets with medical issues in every CBA negotiation and the players vote it down every time. 

Yup. Pathetic. But Kyler Murray gets $200M guaranteed, for....whatever it is he does. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I have a missing finger. Truth is that can rarely reattach them. Usually just useful for the skin graft. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, KevinSwayne82 said:

Easy solution. Add an 8th playoff team. 

Pats clinch and neither Buffalo or KC get a home field advantage. Jets win on Sunday with a Steelers loss and they head to KC next week. 

Is there ANY chance this can happen? A healthier Mike White in the playoffs? 

They may also have to add an eighth team in the NFC though. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry.. im the heartless bastard here... get the "f" back on the field and do your f'ing jobs.   Period.  

If your coworker died of a heart attack in the next cube.. you MIGHT be sent home... but I can pretty much guarantee you will be back to work tomorrow.  

I feel for Hamlin (glad he is looking pretty good now).. i do.. emotions were high on Monday, a little less on Tuesday... and by Wednesday.. well.. you should have been playing the game.   

I also love how they need to be with Hamlin .. then the team caught the first flight back to Buffalo and welp.. .left him behind.  Cant make that up.

Time is well past to get the f*ck back to doing your jobs.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Legitimate question.

Bob works for the Bergen Record newspaper in the mail room.    Bob gets his hand caught in a piece of equipment, his hand is ripped off, blood everywhere, and Bob almost dies.  It's bad.  Bob is screaming in pain, blood is everywhere, on the floor, on the equipment, his co workers are barely able to stop the bleeding enough to keep him alive until the ambulance gets there.

How long does the newspaper shut down for until all of the people in the mail room can effectively work again?

Just asking, because if you don't think industrial accidents happen...

Is Bob on a 2 year $24 million type contract?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yea and they allowed the rookie salary cap in.  Everyone wants that instant gratification.

• Haha 1