<<<<<<< Jets vs Dolphins -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

How so? ZW is small and afraid of taking a hit in the pocket, he has no pocket presence and seems lost on the field. Much of the season they had one of the best defenses in the league.  We have several geniune all-pros on both sides of the ball, problem is none are at the most important position - QB.  We need to find one.  If we do, we will be one of the top 5 teams in the league IMO.

The coaching staff played a huge part in scouting and selecting him, what do you mean “how so?”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Have you not been paying attention to the mind-numbingly ridiculous sh*t he’s pulled during games this season? The absurd way he’s handled the QB position over the last month? The way he continually sticks his foot in his mouth when dealing with the media?

This needs to be another tear down

Especially with Payton and Harbaugh openly pining for jobs.

I don't watch many of the games live bec I can't deal with the constant TV commercials (part of the reason I switched to hockey over a decade ago), but I have seen a few and the game where they had 3 time outs left at the end when they ran out of time was insanely bad clock management. IIRC other coaches we've had, including RR have made mistakes as well early on, and learned from it.  

I think the GM was pushing him to have ZW in there when he clearly wasn't ready, just to justify the GM drafting him so high and he might not have been a good pick.  I am open if there is an obvious upgrade to the coaching staff, but I think we need to find a fundamentally capable QB, something we have not had since Pennington 15 years ago.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Only the Jets would “win” a 6 way tie at 7-10 dropping their draft pick from 8 to 13.  (Although admittedly this could change as all the games conclude) 

5BE71C0D-3AEC-4244-848F-010AC99A53C9.jpeg

Can it change that much? Seems like we are far away from the pack at .536

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

The coaching staff played a huge part in scouting and selecting him, what do you mean “how so?”

Are you sure?  Do you work for the team? How do you know for a fact that Saleh had decisive impact on the selection? The GM might only discuss the picks with scouts/Asst GM and not include the coaches except for low level input.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh happy with the teams effort. If you are Woody how are you paying this guy millions of dollars? The lack of awareness is mind boggling.

The problem is woody is just as clueless as he is.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Thats all fine and dandy i get it.  My issue is taking that a step further and gloating on a jet board. Idk who did but i saw a couple of those type comments

Me? I used to root for losses for draft position but never gloated. Hows that worked out for us? It has sucked

call me crazy but i feel ending the season with a win, on a high note so to speak, is mentally more beneficial to the organization vs a few draft spots. To each their own

Understood, though I think we had a good draft this year, picked up 3 major talents - Sauce, Bryce, and #17 WR, at least.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Are you sure?  Do you work for the team? How do you know for a fact that Saleh had decisive impact on the selection? The GM might only discuss the picks with scouts/Asst GM and not include the coaches except for low level input.

Ignoring the fact that we have seen, first hand, through interviews, documentaries, etc., that Joe Douglas does heavily consult Saleh and co., I refuse to believe that there is a functioning human being who believes that the GM didn’t include the new coaching staff in the process of scouting the QB he was going to select at 2nd overall.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

• Upvote 2