The #1 pick and a QB are in play

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

21.23 mph

He's the fastest quarterback. Fields posted the fastest run of any quarterback this season when he hit 21.23 mph on a 41-yard run against the Cowboys that was shortened to eight yards by tight end Cole Kmet's holding penalty.Dec 10, 2022

In 2018, Tyreek Hill had two top 10 ball-carrying speeds (21.95 mph and 21.78 mph). This was also the case in 2017 (21.64 mph and 21.35 mph). In Week 2 of his rookie season, Hill ran the fastest time ever with the ball in his hands on an NFL field. Hill recorded a top speed of 23.24 mph on a kickoff return of 27 yards.Dec 16, 2022

the point is he’s as good a QB as QB god Mike white he’s super duper fast. A lot of people wanted to anoint MW starter, but oh fields is a RB. Also the bears suck. He has nothing around him. Literally nothing. The bears are going to build around him. He’s special 

Justin Fields is super fast and super tough, if Josh Allen can learn to pass so can he. Top 7 QB before his 5th year option. 

• Upvote 3

The Bears will have the most money in the NFL to spend and, thanks to a late touchdown pass and two-point conversion Sunday by the Texans, the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft next spring. They also will have a roster that, by design, has more holes than almost any other team in football.

Damn. Looks like the bears with fields are in great shape. Like the jets last year. If they are smart they try to get picks this year and next year so they can replace players whose contracts run out after next year and keep it going 

damn 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Larz said:

21.23 mph

He's the fastest quarterback. Fields posted the fastest run of any quarterback this season when he hit 21.23 mph on a 41-yard run against the Cowboys that was shortened to eight yards by tight end Cole Kmet's holding penalty.Dec 10, 2022

In 2018, Tyreek Hill had two top 10 ball-carrying speeds (21.95 mph and 21.78 mph). This was also the case in 2017 (21.64 mph and 21.35 mph). In Week 2 of his rookie season, Hill ran the fastest time ever with the ball in his hands on an NFL field. Hill recorded a top speed of 23.24 mph on a kickoff return of 27 yards.Dec 16, 2022

the point is he’s as good a QB as QB god Mike white he’s super duper fast. A lot of people wanted to anoint MW starter, but oh fields is a RB. Also the bears suck. He has nothing around him. Literally nothing. The bears are going to build around him. He’s special 

well first thats top speed....and when we talk about football speed we almost always talk about 40 yd dash....because in football acceleration matters a lot more. and he isn't really close to hill in 40 yd dash time. second.....you just proved that he isn't as fast as tyreek hill in tope speed either, lol. but yeah i will give you that he is fast. still doesn't change my opinion that he will flame out within 2 years.....because it happens to all the running quarterbacks and fields might be the worst passer of all of them

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All 6'0" of him.

Pass.

The main point of the thread was how foolish the Texans winning today was. If they wanted a QB, now they’ll probably have to pay to swap places with the Bears. 
Im not crazy about Young either. My choice would be Stroud, and I’d be very open to move up early in the 1st to take him after Young goes off the board.

The other point was if we are really serious about contending for titles, we need to keep going to the QB well. It’s obviously hard to hit on the right one, bUt picking another OL in the 1st isn’t getting us there. You need the FQB.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, neckdemon said:

well first thats top speed....and when we talk about football speed we almost always talk about 40 yd dash....because in football acceleration matters a lot more. and he isn't really close to hill in 40 yd dash time. second.....you just proved that he isn't as fast as tyreek hill in tope speed either, lol. but yeah i will give you that he is fast. still doesn't change my opinion that he will flame out within 2 years.....because it happens to all the running quarterbacks and fields might be the worst passer of all of them

Dude. Just stop. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, carlito1171 said:

I'm not giving JD with one foot out the door, the green light to throw away draft capital for the next guy...and I sure as hell ain't giving this CS another young QB to do absolutely nothing with ?

If JD has one foot out the door, why would the Jets want him running this draft?

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You know it’s going to happen though. 
How many times have we said that exact same thing this time of year, then 4-5 of them go early? 
Not to mention, there are a lot of teams desperate for a QB right now. 

Oh sure. Totally. Really hope its not us. 

10 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah. He sold with that balloon he threw to a wide open Jefferson in OT today.  One of the worst passes I have ever seen in my life.  NFW on Baker Mayfield.  He is just plain terrible.  

Okay, that’s fine. Who do you want as our #1 QB next year?

@freestater im curious to hear your answer also.

49 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Texans are idiots. They won today and lost the #1 pick. 
The Bears aren’t going to go QB, so they’ll probably make the spot available to the highest bidder. (If they don’t they’re as dumb as Houston) 

Bryce Young, and any other QB are on the table now for any team that wants them. We should be at the front of the line, unless you believe a vet nobody else wants is going to take us where we want to go.

What in the world are you smoking in your avatar that makes you think JD would trade up to #1 from #13. :wtf:

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

The Bears will have the most money in the NFL to spend and, thanks to a late touchdown pass and two-point conversion Sunday by the Texans, the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL Draft next spring. They also will have a roster that, by design, has more holes than almost any other team in football.

Damn. Looks like the bears with fields are in great shape. Like the jets last year. If they are smart they try to get picks this year and next year so they can replace players whose contracts run out after next year and keep it going 

damn 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The main point of the thread was how foolish the Texans winning today was. If they wanted a QB, now they’ll probably have to pay to swap places with the Bears. 
Im not crazy about Young either. My choice would be Stroud, and I’d be very open to move up early in the 1st to take him after Young goes off the board.

The other point was if we are really serious about contending for titles, we need to keep going to the QB well. It’s obviously hard to hit on the right one, bUt picking another OL in the 1st isn’t getting us there. You need the FQB.

So we just keep repeating the same mistakes and hope one of these times the outcome is different eh?

Now it's Stroud.  Got it.  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The last three games 0 TDS scored by the Jets three different starting QBs. So maybe the problems aren’t all on the QBs. As for Zach to say he’s finished and not an NFL Qb is at this stage of his career not logical. 

4 if you count strev.  How many more qbs have to fail with these coaches before it’s the coaches’ faults?

2 minutes ago, OverweightJetsFan said:

You got to consider QB. If they pass on Stroud, Richardson, Levis, etc and they become great it’s another black mark on this regime. 

Douglas loves draft capital, he’s not trading up for any of these guys.  The key to saving his job is drafting quality starters like he did last year.  Hard to see anything but OL in round 1.

• Upvote 1