GM Joe Douglas End Of Season Press Conference

3 minutes ago, Coquito said:

What is the purpose of a knee scope? 

To rule out further damage after physical exam reveals injury.  Not uncommon in pro athletes to make sure high-priced players aren't going to make a bad situation worse by missing something that can't be seen without a scope.

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Justin Jefferson basically told Vikings ownership to oust Mike Zimmer or I’m gonna blow up, and it’s worked out nicely for them.

The league has changed.  It will be the NBA soon enough.

Jefferson also hated Kirk Cousins, as did Stefon Diggs. Zimmer hated Cousins. There was a ton of dysfunction on that team. They didn’t bounce Zimmer because of Jefferson. They bounced Zimmer because he was 15-18 over his last two years with a $120 million dollar QB. Now they’re a bad team with a $120 million dollar QB and a receiver who puts up numbers. Just not sure we should be following the Vikings example in any event. 

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Couple of reactions:

1.) Stop calling it a “championship defense”. The defense was good, at times great, but a championship defense doesn’t get its lunch eaten by back-if-roster TEs every week… not are typically associated with 6-game losing streaks. You have to earn that label. Start with AFCE champions…

2.) The firming double-standard between Zach and Mekhi is worth watching. Zach sucks and gets excuses and double-down investment. Mekhi gets hurt and hasty earn his place. Makes the “we font give up on talent” sound byte pretty rich.

3.) They all are getting a free pass. I hope they prove they deserved it.

4.) I’m already over all the talking.

Interet take on becton. All the kid has some is play great his rookie year and get injured. Well he was out of shape two years in a row but still injuries are not planned and he arguewbly has played very very good much higher ceiling that Zach has ever shown. I hope he is healthy this year.

• Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Ambiguous. 

The initial physical exam? Which is a Q and A between the doctor and the patient? Where the patient describes the pain and the doctor records it in his notes?

So when being seen for a knee injury these doctors didn't put any hands on?  Did the physical therapist put hands on prior to the procedure or were they just taking people's word for it and operating based on that?  Are you sure these were real doctors?

Just now, AFJF said:

So when being seen for a knee injury these doctors didn't put any hands on?  Did the physical therapist put hands on prior to the procedure or were they just taking people's word for it and operating based on that?  Are you sure these were real doctors?

LOL

Zach is a malingerer. There was never anything wrong with his knee.

• WTF? 3

9 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Go watch the video. LOL

He was looking to get out of pre-season. He's a piece of sh*t.

I've watched it.  His knee buckled when he planted to cut from right to left.

• Sympathy 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Teams just don't trade young FQBs though.  I feel like something must be wrong.

This. Why are the Jets wanting to jump in head first for players that much smarter and well run organizations like the Ravens want to discard? If the Ravens let him go, there is more to it than just “money.”

Josh McDaniels is an idiot though. I don’t know if them dumping Carr is the right move or not. They must REALLY believe they have a shot at Brady.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

26 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Go watch the video. LOL

He was looking to get out of pre-season. He's a piece of sh*t.

Ya’ll destroy me for sharing my opinions. If this is your standard of your community of believers, I am happy I am not part of the chosen. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Teams just don't trade young FQBs though.  I feel like something must be wrong.

I mean the glaring thing is that he is recovering from a PCL injury similar to what Zach had except he hasn’t played a game yet since injury so we don’t know where he’s at in terms of his recovery/mobility. 

That would have to check out for any trade to happen.

as far as their situation idk, I feel like their roster is aging in wrong places and just plain weak in other places. But they are well coached and luckily won a lot of games while he Lamar was there so when he went down they survived to make the playoffs. 

they very well might just tag him but he would be the only one I see as an option.   

I suddenly got the inkling that Aaron Rodgers might be the guy they go after too but that would be very very risky considering he notably declined this year and he’s weird as hell and he’s old. Although maybe they like the fact that he’s old so Zach can work under him 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jefferson also hated Kirk Cousins, as did Stefon Diggs. Zimmer hated Cousins. There was a ton of dysfunction on that team. They didn’t bounce Zimmer because of Jefferson. They bounced Zimmer because he was 15-18 over his last two years with a $120 million dollar QB. Now they’re a bad team with a $120 million dollar QB and a receiver who puts up numbers. Just not sure we should be following the Vikings example in any event. 

Bud, the Minnesota Vikings just went 13-4 and are the 2 seed in the NFC playoffs, lol.  I’ve also never heard of any issues with Jefferson and Kirk.  I’d be very happy to be in their shoes right now.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Bud, the Minnesota Vikings just went 13-4 and are the 2 seed in the NFC playoffs, lol.  I’ve also never heard of any issues with Jefferson and Kirk.  I’d be very happy to be in their shoes right now.

Wait six days and you’ll be exactly in the Vikings shoes, bucko

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

We should follow Mike Zimmers example?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Yea so did Mark Sanchez. Desperate stat to reach at 

Not at all: Just stating that one of them has a winning record in the playoffs.  And actually played in a Super Bowl.

Lamar Jackson is going to want probably $40 a year guaranteed.  Do you REALLY want to pay him that much?  I personally do not. 

• Sympathy 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

just curious , but do GMs and HCs have season ending press conferences and then get fired? i dont remember. guess what im trying to say is this proof that JD and Saleh are 100% back next year? it would be pretty messed up to have these press conferences acting like your coming back and then get fired in a few days.

No

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SCRUNO said:

This really looks like the Rex/Schotty part deux at this point. Defensive coach always praising the D and a sh*t offensive play caller. 

In truth MLF has to prove he is as good as Schotty.  

Quite frankly Schotty did not have this level of talent to work with and there certainly were no significant complaints that I can recall, by key offensive players, that they were being schemed out of the offense

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth MLF has to prove he is as good as Schotty.  

Quite frankly Schotty did not have this level of talent to work with and there certainly were no significant complaints that I can recall, by key offensive players, that they were being schemed out of the offense

I don’t know about that. Our offense in 2010 was pretty talented. I would say they lack disciplined but the talent was there. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Anybody in the “tough” NY media ask him about his embarrassing, sh-tty FA TE contracts?

Over 30M in combined guarantees to scrub-level 0 WAR trash players 

Conklin was intriguing to me, but Uzomah? Lmao

I remember all the hype on here for 2 JAG TE signings. Awful signings.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, heymangold said:

This is what my main issue is.  All these slogans, dressing up in mighty ducks jerseys, grinch costumes before the game and fun jersey swap day last week when you’re desperately trying to end a 5 game losing streak.  It’s times like that when, as a coach, you don’t reward the guys.  Things like that have to be taken away and earned.  Nothing with the jets is ever earned. Sanchez, then Darnold, then Zach - jobs never earned.  Saleh is a decent enough HC but he’s too nice.  MLF hasn’t earned the right to be this OC next year - if he is it’s on a short leash and if they stink next year, they’re all fired.

I understand the slogans being BS. But enough with the whining about costumes. It's a team-building fun thing MLB and NHL teams have been doing for a long time. It's harmless. 

Bigger issue; how is the starting TE saying the team wasn't ready to play in Seattle? How does that happen? There are jobs on the line for these players, and a guy who's been around the NFL for a while is saying that. Inexplicable.