Rodgers weekly spot with Mcafee today

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, bonkertons said:

This is gonna be a long ass offseason

Not so sure it'll be a long ass offseason with regards to the NYJ and their QB search.

Carr is going to be available right after the SB, and the NYJ aren't gong to wait for ARod and the GBP to figure out what is his future into the spring.  Unless there is already some backchannel stuff going on with GB, don't see Rodgers with the NYJ (and I'm a get Rodgers proponent).

Things are going to be moving fast with the QB market starting right after the SB IMO.

Everyone talking about who Rodgers the man is and I'm like who gives a ****? I just want to win.

Do you think Steelers fans care that Roethlisberger is a rapist? No. 

Do the Patriots fans care that Brady French kissed his son? No. 

Do Browns fans care that Deshaun Watson sexual assaulted dozens of women? No. 

All anybody should care about is whether or not these guys help their team win Championships. These guys are not my friends, they're not your friends and they certainly don't give a **** about me or you. They care about making money and winning and in that order.  They play and we watch a transactional game. That is all that it is.  There is only one standard these guys should be held to and that's winning. If you're concerned about their politics, their race, their attitudes or anything besides their performance then you're the one who is wrong in that scenario.  If you're looking for likeable people then go join a ******* book club. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2
  • More Ugh 1

9 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I dont know but rogers to the jets is sounding more and more like a complete cluster F. Like maybe the worst thing the jets have ever done.

AR is an ass. He sounds disgruntled. He does not sound like a guy that is looking forward to the future. He can retire at any moment. Wtf?

The only way this does NOT go down a legendary mistake is if the draft compensation for his services are much much less than 2 1sts

It's to set the stage for his refusal to play for certain teams, if they're the highest bidders.

He may not have a trade clause per se, but he does effectively in that he can say he's retiring if it's somewhere he doesn't want to go.

He's already said he's got no interest in going to a team that's in early stages of, or about to start, a rebuild. i.e. you can cross teams like the Texans off the list of possible landing spots.

That's all it's about, or I think about 90% of it.

Then throw in a little bit of - if what he wants is to get a serious chance at another ring - somewhat scaring anybody out of offering too much; it only hurts his chances if his new team has to give up more draft capital for him. I doubt he's oblivious to this reality, even if it's secondary to a team that's ready-enough without an extra draft pick or two.

16 hours ago, Claymation said:

Two things:

1. that's not what he meant, Rodgers wanted to be involved on the personnel Green Bay is looking to acquire
  2. Rodgers could make it difficult without restructuring his contract for GB. Plus he could say he is retiring if he doesn't go the team of his choosing, therefore no compensation at all.

That's because the Packers went like a decade avoiding the use of 1st round picks on offense like it was poison. The lone exception was when they used one on another QB, and that was when he said it. 

Agree on #2. Green Bay can't just trade him wherever they want. They can in theory, but they can't in practice. He has say in where he goes in that he doesn't have to play at all and has made that well known. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

They lost like 30% of their base according to their forums

The problem with that assessment by the "forum" is that the Browns had 100% capacity at all of their home games this past year. 

They were 1 of only 6 teams to do that 

6 hours ago, choon328 said:

Everyone talking about who Rodgers the man is and I'm like who gives a ****? I just want to win.

Do you think Steelers fans care that Roethlisberger is a rapist? No. 

Do the Patriots fans care that Brady French kissed his son? No. 

Do Browns fans care that Deshaun Watson sexual assaulted dozens of women? No. 

All anybody should care about is whether or not these guys help their team win Championships. These guys are not my friends, they're not your friends and they certainly don't give a **** about me or you. They care about making money and winning and in that order.  They play and we watch a transactional game. That is all that it is.  There is only one standard these guys should be held to and that's winning. If you're concerned about their politics, their race, their attitudes or anything besides their performance then you're the one who is wrong in that scenario.  If you're looking for likeable people then go join a ******* book club. 

Exactly these self righteous clowns around here act like we are bringing Rodgers here to marry our daughters.

Its  comical af

11 hours ago, Green Truth said:

Really, do you put him up on the same platform as Brady. Other than the silly commercials. He is an afterthought to me. I think Montana and Brady.

this is sort of a silly question. so by this standard it's brady and montana and literally NOBODY ELSE then? every list you can possibly find will have peyton manning at #3 or #4 behind those 2 guys. there's a reason for that. you can't just say there's only the best ever that have any legacy and the rest are trash....lol

Listening to the interview, the shade regarding Woody was irrelevant. Pat is loyal to the Colts and it was tongue and cheek. The Packers will move on from Rodgers based on they need to evaluate Love and rebuild with draft picks. Rodgers will be a Jet IMO.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, choon328 said:

The problem with that assessment by the "forum" is that the Browns had 100% capacity at all of their home games this past year. 

They were 1 of only 6 teams to do that 

They had 100% capacity the year before they got Watson too. There are more fans who don't go to games than can fit in a stadium. 30% is a rough guesstimate, I'd imagine the die hards will continue to be diehards.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woodys dad was fired by his grandfather 

Which has what to do with Woody, other than absolutely nothing.  
Woodys grandfather sold the company so I have no clue what your point is.  The entire company was fired.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Which has what to do with Woody, other than absolutely nothing.  
Woodys grandfather sold the company so I have no clue what your point is.  The entire company was fired.

Are you familiar with the apple not falling far from the tree theory

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Are you familiar with the apple not falling far from the tree theory

Love to know your theory that if the grandfather sold the company or fired his father when Woody was a child what the point is?  
Funny how without knowing a thing about a topic you manage to turn it into a negative on a completely different person.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Love to know your theory that if the grandfather sold the company or fired his father when Woody was a child what the point is?  
Funny how without knowing a thing about a topic you manage to turn it into a negative on a completely different person.  

Woody being unqualified to run a billion dollar organization is not a theory.

10 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Woody being unqualified to run a billion dollar organization is not a theory.

He never got a chance, you’re blowing hot air out of your ass, his grandfather sold the company before Woody.

You just make shlt up as you go along and now claim he was incapable of running the company.  
Remind us, which multi billion dollar company are you successfully running?  I forget.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He never got a chance, you’re blowing hot air out of your ass, his grandfather sold the complaint before Woody.

You just make shlt up as you go along and now claim he was incapable of running the company.  
Remind us, which multi billion dollar company are you successfully running?  I forget.

What am I making up? Woody had zero experience in the business world prior to purchasing the Jets. He was given all of his money. I’m not faulting him for that, it’s great to be lucky but he’s not qualified to run a NFL football team. What CEO’s of billion dollar organizations are out there where their first job is CEO of the billion dollar company? How are we simping for Woody lol. Him having zero life experience is not made up lol. The Jets not winning isn’t by accident. 

12 hours ago, the Claw said:

Trading any high picks for Rodgers would be an immensely Jetsy move. 

If we had a complete or near-complete team I'd be more open to it, although I still don't think Rodgers at this point in his career is worth a 1st.  This ain't the NHL or MLB where you're waiting 3-5 years on your 1st round pick.  In the NFL, 1st rounders are at the very least instant contributors.  Guys you can slot right into the starting lineup.  In a lot of cases, they're instantly one of your better players.  I mean look at us last year.  Sauce, G Wilson, Hall.  Imagine this team without those guys.

I think in football you should be a little more stingy with dealing 1st rounders.  In most cases I'd be willing to move our 1st(or 1st's) to solve the QB position, but Rodgers only does that for what?  1 or 2 years?  Is that really worth it, vs a pick who could be here for at least 5?  Playing on a rookie contract?  I don't think it's as big of a no-brainer as some imply.  "People seriously wouldn't trade Gholston and Calvin Pryor for one of the greatest QBs of all time?!?!?!"....yeah obviously that's not how this works.

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Yes. Woody didn’t take over J&J though so it’s tough to apply here.

Actually it is. Woody's 4th generation. His father never became CEO of J&J and left to start another company that failed.

If you look up Woody and Christopher Johnson, you will notice that their professional accomplishments begin with owning the Jets.

Woody was 53 when he bought the team. 

2 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Actually it is. Woody's 4th generation. His father never became CEO of J&J and left to start another company that failed.

If you look up Woody and Christopher Johnson, you will notice that their professional accomplishments begin with owning the Jets.

Woody was 53 when he bought the team. 

Oh I agree. Woody having zero private sector experience and stepping into the CEO of a billion dollar organization is not the norm. Some of the owners are children of the previous owner but they all came up with the team. I don’t think there’s another NFL owner whose career started with owning a team. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Agree on #2. Green Bay can't just trade him wherever they want. They can in theory, but they can't in practice. He has say in where he goes in that he doesn't have to play at all and has made that well known. 

Disagree. His retirement stuff is posturing/negotiating through the public. He's not leaving $110m on the table after saying he can still win another MVP. He knows he can play and wants to show the Packers up, and he'll be remunerated well for it.

Aside from threatening to retire, what other leverage ("say") does he have in where he goes?

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

If we had a complete or near-complete team I'd be more open to it, although I still don't think Rodgers at this point in his career is worth a 1st.  This ain't the NHL or MLB where you're waiting 3-5 years on your 1st round pick.  In the NFL, 1st rounders are at the very least instant contributors.  Guys you can slot right into the starting lineup.  In a lot of cases, they're instantly one of your better players.  I mean look at us last year.  Sauce, G Wilson, Hall.  Imagine this team without those guys.

I think in football you should be a little more stingy with dealing 1st rounders.  In most cases I'd be willing to move our 1st(or 1st's) to solve the QB position, but Rodgers only does that for what?  1 or 2 years?  Is that really worth it, vs a pick who could be here for at least 5?  Playing on a rookie contract?  I don't think it's as big of a no-brainer as some imply.  "People seriously wouldn't trade Gholston and Calvin Pryor for one of the greatest QBs of all time?!?!?!"....yeah obviously that's not how this works.

Good chance all 3 OTs go before the 13 pick (Raiders, Titans, Texans) in that situation maybe we look S, LB, or WR depending how FA shakes out.

If the thought is to trade down then why not take a crack at 2 SBs instead?