Lack of draft talk

Just now, Bless you....Thank you said:

What a change around here.  This is the real sign of progress with this team and fanbase.  The draft used to be the biggest date on fans calendar and the talk on here was dominated by who we were gonna pick.  We are on to real stuff now. Kudos to the organization.

If we had a QB all we would be talking about is the draft but I understand your point and I agree 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Dupe said:

And further, lots of draft bloggers, talking heads and spam posters will be up in arms and when we trade away picks for a QB. 

Exactly.

Of course, this year the Jets don't have multiple picks in the first few rounds, and I think a lot of people are expecting them to trade high picks for a QB.

• More Ugh 1

54 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

What a change around here.  This is the real sign of progress with this team and fanbase.  The draft used to be the biggest date on fans calendar and the talk on here was dominated by who we were gonna pick.  We are on to real stuff now. Kudos to the organization.

I thought about this the other day and didnt want to say anything to jinx it....hahahahahaha 

58 minutes ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Just comes with the territory. When you have a high draft pick, you have more options and can dream of going after better prospects. Its more exciting to ponder what college superstar might be a Jet next year. When you are selecting 13th and you have no idea who will fall to you and you know it most likely won't be top 5 talent. Not as exciting. Take the top OT and move on lol. 

2 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

I disagree with you.  We don't have a QB for one, and that is a big reason why we don't talk draft.  Secondly, we don't have a two 10 draft pick, so at #13, there are too many scenarios as to what will be available to us. The Jets have many needs, to include QB, wide receiver, center, right guard, safety and linebacker.  If the Jets were picking at #4 and #10 again like last year, believe me, we would be obsessively discussing the draft right now.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Kudos we are picking 13 instead of 5....when is the ticker tape parade?

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

No one is talking about the Draft yet because everyone is wrapped up in which QB we will trade/sign, which time-wise will happen first.

Draft talk will come, and I know I've been getting up to speed on prospects and doing mocks pretty regularly.

yep.  cant zero in on serious 1st round draft talk until the qb spot is settled.  and, it is not too far of a stretch to consider that the jets will draft a qb this year.  it is not likely, but it is possible.

let me once again pimp tanner mckee.

my belief is that he will turn out to be the most productive qb taken in the 2023 draft.

49 minutes ago, Alka said:

I disagree with you.  We don't have a QB for one, and that is a big reason why we don't talk draft.  Secondly, we don't have a two 10 draft pick, so at #13, there are too many scenarios as to what will be available to us. The Jets have many needs, to include QB, wide receiver, center, right guard, safety and linebacker.  If the Jets were picking at #4 and #10 again like last year, believe me, we would be obsessively discussing the draft right now.

We didn't have a QB last year and we talked about it plenty.