Likely Scenario: Jets v Raiders - Winner Gets Rodgers, Loser Gets Carr...

From what I have been reading here and elsewhere, seems to be shaping up this way...

I would love Rodgers...

But I would be OK with Carr...

So used to the Jets coming up short that I am almost resigned to getting Carr...

But the ultra-quick Hackett signing gives me hope that JD has something up his sleeve with Rodgers...

Of course, wth the Jets, there is always the possibility of a "Doomsday Scenario"...

Geno Smith?...

Baker Mayfield?...

Ryan Tannehill?...

Zachariah Wilson?...

Oof!...

• WTF? 1

Won't pan out that way because Carr goes first before rodgers, whoever gets carr will have their Qb situation settled in a couple weeks at most at a reasonable cost.  The loser will be the winner because the Rodgers thing will be months of angst, desperation and annoyance and his cost will be high.

If Carr and Jimmie G go before Rodgers the packers can just hold teams or a team for ransom, they do not have to get rid of him at all and they are going to give no teams a gift.

• Upvote 3

Give me carr and my draft picks. I love rogers but not for 1 year or even 2 if we’re lucky. Just ask yourself when’s the last time jets were lucky. That’s right when we won a super bowl before I was even bourn. All my life it’s been disappointing except when Rex got us deep in playoffs those 2 years then our luck did what the jets do crumbled with unlucky play .the football gods don’t like us very much. I do not want to give up a first or even two to press my luck with Rogers. being a jets fan knowing how it will end up. Give me Carr and keep building atleast will have him for awhile. Ever qb hits a wall sooner or later.

5 minutes ago, Rolloffjet said:

Give me carr and my draft picks. I love rogers but not for 1 year or even 2 if we’re lucky. Just ask yourself when’s the last time jets were lucky. That’s right when we won a super bowl before I was even bourn. All my life it’s been disappointing except when Rex got us deep in playoffs those 2 years then our luck did what the jets do crumbled with unlucky play .the football gods don’t like us very much. I do not want to give up a first or even two to press my luck with Rogers. being a jets fan knowing how it will end up. Give me Carr and keep building atleast will have him for awhile. Ever qb hits a wall sooner or later.

If the football gods don’t like us why would our chances be worst with a HOF QB vs the jag? I don’t get it 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

From what I have been reading here and elsewhere, seems to be shaping up this way...

I would love Rodgers...

But I would be OK with Carr...

So used to the Jets coming up short that I am almost resigned to getting Carr...

But the ultra-quick Hackett signing gives me hope that JD has something up his sleeve with Rodgers...

Of course, wth the Jets, there is always the possibility of a "Doomsday Scenario"...

Geno Smith?...

Baker Mayfield?...

Ryan Tannehill?...

Zachariah Wilson?...

Oof!...

Jets v raiders,  loser gets Carr?? Um, yeah, sorry to break the news but the raiders have already said they don't want Carr and Carr definitely wants out of Vegas..

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Won't pan out that way because Carr goes first before rodgers, whoever gets carr will have their Qb situation settled in a couple weeks at most at a reasonable cost.  The loser will be the winner because the Rodgers thing will be months of angst, desperation and annoyance and his cost will be high.

If Carr and Jimmie G go before Rodgers the packers can just hold teams or a team for ransom, they do not have to get rid of him at all and they are going to give no teams a gift.

Well, for this overall topic wouldn’t think it is a winner and loser between Vegas and the Jets as far as Carr and AR since the Raiders already don’t want Carr. Now everyone also has to keep in mind situations like the Packers are in are that maybe they fo holout for a long time to get optimal compensation fir AR, but his money will still be on the books for them until they make a deal. So, if they do that they cause major damage this year or further where they cannot spend on FA, and then they likely don’t get the frat picks till starting in 2024 if the wait til the end of April to consummate a deal. Their choice but you could be pushing off making the playoffs for a few years if younplay your cards like that. That I guess is fine if they go into a full long scale rebuild, but that is what it could then be. What if Love starts looking like Hurts?. Then during that timeframe you have to pay him big money seriously affecting your cap. They would be better suited to trade AR in the next month or so and not drag it out. It would be better for all parties including the Packers.