Settling?

kevinc855

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t know about mayfield. I know I preferred him over darnold mainly because he showed some fire.  I haven’t watched much browns football but it seems that he likes to ad lib. He’s mobile and he was pretty darn accurate in college. He might motivated since this could be his last stop.  As for the red Ryder, he did little on a stacked Dallas team. No thanks.

Yeah I think that’s a good take.  You know what Dalton is.  Maybe Mayfield can be good.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

So we are basing the gloom on a radio guy that hates the jets org and his sidekick?

patience.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

sure......but what he says makes sense and it seems to be trending as Carr and Rodgers seem to be slipping away

I can see Carr slipping away, but Rodgers is very much still in play. We just have to wait till he gets out of his dark seclusion before he decides where he’s going.

Anything but Rodgers is a complete fail unless he chooses to retire. But if he stays in GB or goes somewhere else then this front office has failed. He's 39 but he's clear and above the best QB on the market.

The Jets have a #1 WR with a bunch of 3's behind him, the TE group is ok not great, the offensive line is in shambles and the #1 RB is coming off an ACL and most likely won't be 100% himself next year. Without major additions, this offense is NOT a selling point for any FA QB. Rodgers is the only QB available that you can get more out of with less around him.  

Jimmy G has been a very good player with an elite offensive line and elite playmakers around him. He's also made of glass. Brock Purdy's success should give everybody a little pause about taking Jimmy G away from Shanahan and away from that offensive lineup. 

Tannehill has also been very good behind an elite offensive line and the best RB in the NFL. 

Carr is not coming here, throw his name out. 

The other QBs available might be "cheaper" than Rodgers but it will cost a lot more to put pieces around them. At minimum you'd have to add a high end Tackle, Center,  #1  quality WR behind Wilson and a true pass catching threat at TE. 

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

sure......but what he says makes sense and it seems to be trending as Carr and Rodgers seem to be slipping away

Only my opinion but I just don’t think the jets want Carr. He makes no sense if they are still trying to develop zach

rodgers has not decided anything yet and while I have my doubts he is coming here, the wildcard to me is Hackett.

why him and why rush to sign him unless there was a motive.

then there is jimmy gorgeous. Unless I missed news, he is still in play.

lastly and I think @JiFields is the only other person on this board in line with this, there is Jamies. Yes I am absolutely crazy but I think he could put up numbers here not seen since Namath and Vinny

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I'm sure Baker and Dalton are going to be strong options considering we have no ties to any of them. Rodgers, Jimmy G, Tannehill are the 3 options with Jimmy G likely leaning elsewhere.

What have you read on the Jimmy G that suggests which way he is leaning?

5 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I’m definitely not renewing my season tickets for Andy ******* dalton

Out of all of the C and D list, Baker is the guy I would take. Huge doosh but I think he can play.

That said, the A and B plans need to aim higher than Baker Mayfield.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, LockeJET said:

Really doesn’t make sense to me. The Jets aren’t picking up Zach’s fifth year option. So if Rogers comes here for two years, that’s the end of Zach’s contract. So how would the Jets really wanna make something of Wilson? by the time any quarterback that comes here is done, Zach will be also. 

He is an asset a 2nd overall pick is big draft capital and you don't toss that asset away until you have to.  An injury and just a wee bit of success and you might get something from him.

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

What have you read on the Jimmy G that suggests which way he is leaning?

Only tea leaves. If you were a part of an offense that tried to get rid of you for 2.5 years, would you go sign with coaches from that same coaching tree or would you go somewhere that wanted you?

I think it's between the Raiders and Titans. McDaniels didn't want to trade Jimmy G from Patriots. Ran Cathon, the new GM of the Titans was the director of pro personnel in San Fran when Jimmy G was traded there. 

Eh, I wouldn't mind Dalton.  Keep improving the rest of the team.  Keep adding quality young players to the core.  If we have anywhere close to the success rate of our '22 draft in this '23 draft, we'll be adding at least a couple more studs to the lineup.  Just improve - make the playoffs.  Start with that.  Then after the season, evaluate whether Zach can still be the guy or if you need to go after one of those '24 QB prospects.  

That strategy is fine by me.  I don't buy this bullsh*t that "the window is now - next 2 years" blah blah blah.  I do think we could surprise people and compete for a SB next year with a great QB.  I also think we could build something really special over the long haul if we continue doing what we've been doing through the draft.  

On 2/9/2023 at 4:34 PM, kevinc855 said:

I think we are down to one. Tannhill from your group. All signs so far have Jimmy g and Rodgers leaning elsewhere. It’s getting scary 

That is my point in the other post above:  This is the one BIG mistake I think Joe Douglas made.  There should have been a VERY competent veteran that Zach had to beat out to get playing time.  If he can't do it, you KNOW he isn't good enough.  Meanwhile, your competant veteran can win you a half dozen games and, if lucky enough, get you to the playoffs.  Winning breeds winners.

I am thinking a trade for Ryan Tannehill would let us keep our first round pick so we can draft an OT with it.  I think Tannehill could be had for a decent amount.  Make Zach BEAT Tannehill out.  If he can't, you start drafting QB's every year until someone does.  In the meantime, Tannehill gets us to the playoffs with the roster we have, and the roster gets better because we are winning. 

Douglas, for all his faults, has set us up VERY well with the past two drafts.  Time to get a QB who can take the team to the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Simply listening to him over the years

i do think many in this board feel the same

A hockey buddy of his works on the business/tickets side for Jets

Hates?  Critical when warranted?  Sure.  Defends moves too.  But hates?  

Funny. I’d say there are many on this board that hate the Jets

We’ll just agree to disagree. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, C Mart said:

A hockey buddy of his works on the business/tickets side for Jets

Hates?  Critical when warranted?  Sure.  Defends moves too.  But hates?  

Funny. I’d say there are many on this board that hate the Jets

We’ll just agree to disagree. 

Some fair points and I do agree with you some on here hating the jets.

I met boomer the year after his son was diagnosed with cf. first t thing I asked him was how was his son doing.

he was cordial and thanked me for asking. I mentioned I was a jet fan going back to namath.

without missing. Beat he looks at me and says sorry to hear that. I thought at first he was joking but he was dead serious. That conversation was over and I simply walked away.

you can feel the word hate is strong and that is ok. For me as a former qb if the team, that is simply not a good answer

On 2/9/2023 at 6:26 PM, kevinc855 said:

There's Kevin again, instigating a fight and then walking away while everyone else starts swinging.

Kevin, where do you draw the line between settling or not?  Who are your acceptable QBs for next year and who , if they suit up here in 2023, would cause you to stand in the rain to scream at the GM again?

16 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I was busy all afternoon and apparently I missed it. When did the dreamers here all give up on Rodgers?

Read the other threads.  Constant complaining that no news is bad news and evidence that the Jets are doing nothing to acquire any QB the poster who is complaining wants in a Jets uni this season.