Settling?

kevinc855

13 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yea I'm sure Baker and Dalton are going to be strong options considering we have no ties to any of them. Rodgers, Jimmy G, Tannehill are the 3 options with Jimmy G likely leaning elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Better to go this route and is what should have been done all along when we drafted Zach.  Go get someone who can at least keep you competitive (win 5-8 games).  Then, keep drafting QB's until one gets good enough to beat your guy out.  Handing Zach the keys doesn't work.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

If the jets end up with baker mayfield I will be calling for Douglas to be immediateluy fired I will probably be banned from this site because I will post that thought in just about every single thread.  Having said that I am confident Douglas is not that utterly stupid.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I'm sure Baker and Dalton are going to be strong options considering we have no ties to any of them. Rodgers, Jimmy G, Tannehill are the 3 options with Jimmy G likely leaning elsewhere.

I think we are down to one. Tannhill from your group. All signs so far have Jimmy g and Rodgers leaning elsewhere. It’s getting scary 

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Better to go this route and is what should have been done all along when we drafted Zach.  Go get someone who can at least keep you competitive (win 5-8 games).  Then, keep drafting QB's until one gets good enough to beat your guy out.  Handing Zach the keys doesn't work.

As much as I think Zach is a bust, I think it would be a more entertaining season watching Saleh and the locker explode than trotting out Baker or Andy Dalton for the envitable 5 win season.  I'll take a good drama over proven lossing football any day.  

• Haha 2

Just now, Biggs said:

As much as I think Zach is a bust, I think it would be a more entertaining season watching Saleh and the locker explode than trotting out Baker or Andy Dalton for the envitable 5 win season.  I'll take a good drama over proven lossing football any day.  

As much as I hate to say it Unfortunately Beer I think Mayfield (with an outside shot at Tannehill) will be our starting QB next year. He will be the best one in that QB room cause the rest of them are God Awful

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If you’re not getting Rodgers and Woody knows it already the time to move on from Douglas is now. Closing the year out on a 6 game skid and not landing the QB- next year will be a total mess if him and Saleh are retained.

The biggest takeaway from 2022 is that we need a QB (again). The best way to handle this on Woody's part was to either a.) conclude that Douglas and Saleh are incompetent and can't get this done, in which case he should have fired them, or b.) conclude that the process was sound, that sometimes sh*t happens, and that Douglas and Saleh can get this done, in which case he should have given them both an extension. Instead it's the same rudderless year-to-year crap, complete with a playoff mandate that's not really a playoff mandate. Excited for our next GM and coach to get the built-in excuse of "they're cleaning up Douglas and Saleh's mess" for their first three years.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The roster is significantly better and the Jets QB position is still not appealing.

High scrutiny and high taxes… 

I think this is right.

• Rodgers-we don't want to pay draft picks and $110mm to pay QB for 2 years, $60mm for one year.  Our roster still needs help and Rodgers will suck the life out of the team.  Although Rodgers would love the NYC spotlight, does he want to pay an extra $10mm of taxes?
  • Carr-not a cold weather QB, NJ taxes, and churchy.  Really not a NJ/NY fit.  
  • Jimmy G-I would think he would enjoy playing in NYC.  
  • Tannehill-his wife is a social media type.  I think he could be convinced to play here for a price that saves the roster.  
  • Mayfield-he already played in Cleveland.  Look at all of the commercials he did.   I think he could be a decent 1-2 bridge QB, semi cheap, and he could be sold living in NJ (endorsements > taxes).  
  • Upvote 2

MIKE WHITE. The Jets can’t change the situation they are in and can’t force anyone to come here. Mike white Destroyed his  own value by not closing the deal last season and can be signed for much cheaper than it would have cost if he didn’t get hurt and kept playing well.

Sign him as a safety net and still try for other vets or even Aaron Rodgers since the Jets could afford to wait if they have a stop gap. At least get someone competent in here for now and Mike White makes a lot more sense than many of these crap options. He has flashed and shown that with proper protection, he can run an efficient ball control offense and gets rid of the ball quickly.

White still hasn’t been given nearly enough time to close the book on him yet. Solid backup with starter upside WITHOUT killing the cap and reserving the right to get a QB or even draft one later. It’s unfortunate that Wilson didn’t work out and costs around $10mil. That really handicaps the QB position but this roster can be great with a bit of shuffling/replacing and a solid(not even great) draft. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The biggest takeaway from 2022 is that we need a QB (again). The best way to handle this on Woody's part was to either a.) conclude that Douglas and Saleh are incompetent and can't get this done, in which case he should have fired them, or b.) conclude that the process was sound, that sometimes sh*t happens, and that Douglas and Saleh can get this done, in which case he should have given them both an extension. Instead it's the same rudderless year-to-year crap, complete with a playoff mandate that's not really a playoff mandate. Excited for our next GM and coach to get the built-in excuse of "they're cleaning up Douglas and Saleh's mess" for their first three years.

^I agree with this completely. 

I would have actually offered JD, Saleh and Wilson 1-2 year extensions to try a redo.  

That or fired JD and Saleh and traded Wilson.  Its one or the other. 

We picked the Woody indecisive middle.  

• Thumb Down 1

Really doesn’t make sense to me. The Jets aren’t picking up Zach’s fifth year option. So if Rogers comes here for two years, that’s the end of Zach’s contract. So how would the Jets really wanna make something of Wilson? by the time any quarterback that comes here is done, Zach will be also. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If the jets end up with baker mayfield I will be calling for Douglas to be immediateluy fired I will probably be banned from this site because I will post that thought in just about every single thread.  Having said that I am confident Douglas is not that utterly stupid.

the only way i would be ok with Baker is if everyone else turned us down.

Carr, Rodgers, Tanney, Minschew, there all in the drivers seat. if they dont want to come here there is nothing JD can do.

• Upvote 1

I don’t know about mayfield. I know I preferred him over darnold mainly because he showed some fire.  I haven’t watched much browns football but it seems that he likes to ad lib. He’s mobile and he was pretty darn accurate in college. He might motivated since this could be his last stop.  As for the red Ryder, he did little on a stacked Dallas team. No thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1